• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Relooking at Mario's stats: the sequel

Never mind, I used a different browser

But Mama mia!! How many scans do we need to look at!

xQBngPm.jpg

I don't think everyone understands. Jisho doesn't really translate the sentence but more translates the words within the sentences. It is up for the user to translate/interpret for themselves what it says. As I said above Japanese sentences are structured as 'subject object verb' after all.

I'd much rather take an official translators word over a free translating site's word even if it's meant to just translate the words, a single word in japanese can mean several diff things also. TL;DR safer to just get a translator.

And "To me it looks like that so it must be it" is even a worse argument, because it's only a personal opinion based on nothing solid and the evidences should be brought by those who intend to use a specific feat as a mean to make characters going to high tiers.

Actually, I was going to defend Brobot's feat; I agree that the ones rejected such as the Sunshine paint examples or Yoshi summoning a Power Star by eating a fruit are vague and shouldn't be brought up.

But I relooked at the Brobot example and Weeb brought up good points. First, right as the fight starts, we visually see the screen ripped in half and their's a starry sky background. Some people interpreted it creation, while others see it as merely teleporting to Outerspace. However, when you flip to 3-D, you see Green dimensional lights as if it was some digital creation. It's not the regular outer space seen throughout World 4. Also, upon defeat, the background literally explodes and they just appear to be where they were before the fight. If the first example was just a mere teleportation, Mario and crew would have had to actually fly back to where they were manually and MR L would have had to just been seen floating in space before that. Also, the final part of Chapter 4 was described as a location at the edge of the Universe. But I'm done talking about that feat, but I still think that feat is solid given the details.

King Boo's feat was literally translated as a body of space outside this world; the Illusion statement was a mistranslation iirc.

I'd prefer if someone liked Shiro looked at the translation and see if the translation from Weeb's friend is correct regarding the Mario 64 examples. But at the moment, that translation was the most reliable so far. But, creating a realm can create memories or history, and it's not like Bowser always controls the outcome of his creations. There existing Bob-Ombs on Mario's side doesn't contradict the possibility that he still created them. Lots of creator gods good and evil create people who are against them all the time. Furthermore, Galaxy's lore regarding the Power Stars is very much canon to and gives more in depth context to the same Power Stars in Mario 64. The Lumas who turn into power stars are of an upper class than the ones who turn into planets, stars, comets, or galaxies. So even galaxy level power stars are actually believable given that lore alone. But, there are a total of 15 main courses, this doesn't include the minigames containing one power star also having Starry skies. Although, so far, the cage is the only one that didn't seem to have a legit starry sky, so that's more than 14 with starry skies using 120 Power Stars. Most of the main courses have 7 Power Stars in them.

Also, before anyone says realms "Are only painting size" actually the paintings themselves are merely portals as seen here. The actual worlds it takes you to are legit massive worlds.

Also, I can agree that threads like this should preferably be refreshed.
I think that Medeus' post from the previous thread made good sense.

Updates on the translations: Once again, I've asked my friend (I also asked another) for their translations on Brobot's statement. This is what they got.

"In this space, Brobot's 100% perform will be made clear!"

"In this space, Brobot's power can reach its 100%!"

What's madee clear is how Mr. L states "in this space". Thus all arguments are still the same, and I think we can accept the Brobot feat once more as we have all of the required evidence.

Except the statement wasn't used as that, it was used to prove that this wasn't just Outerspace. Everything else still exists, this only seals the deal. The "possibility" of it being teleportation at this point is unlikely, unsure why someone's defeat suddenly reverses teleportation.

• The opening transition to the location is made as soon as the battle starts
  • Luigi's statement debunks it just being world 4 like Maverick has stated prior
  • There's green dimensional lights seem below when you use Flip (keep in mind it's seen nowhere else)
  • Brobot's defeat makes the realm collapse, meaning it sustains it

The statement only mentions "a space" which is somewhere and has the same properties of Outerspace (no gravity, Mario needs the helmet...).
The opening and ending transition can perfectly be Brobot's influence that starts and ends, since it forcefully brought Mario and co. there and the green lights don't prove anything, if not that they are something related to Brobot. And it being slighty different from world 4 doesn't exclude it being space.
There's literally no evidence or statements about Brobot creating millions of light years with stars and systems just to fight Mario in an anti-gravity path by firing stuff to him, those are all assumptions based on visual stuff.
Even Brobot's catch card and tattle description only mention its weapons.
We only know that Luigi forcefully brought everyone in "a space" to better use Brobot.

Considering that it collapsed after the bot died is what convinces me about it being 4-A.
I mean it makes more sense then his death causing a reverse teleport.

In that way we could say that Brobot destroyed the universe by ripping apart reality at the start of the battle.
Also, Brobot used its power to bring everyone there, to me it makes sense that everyone returned after its influence ended.
And still there are no evidences of it creating or sustaining any reality.

I mean it makes more sense then his death causing a reverse teleport.
Don't "reverse teleports" happen after every single star you pick in 64, Galaxy and Sunshine? It's not exactly a concept the franchise has never used before.

Were the star ones canon?
It doesn’t happen on every star, and not for the other wise identical moons in Odyssey or any stars in the 2-D games.

Also, why that mysteryous, unnamed, unexplained and unreferenced creation power would scale to Brobot's attacks, which are comprised of laser beams and missiles?
Brobot also is summoned by "ripping a hole" in reality (one of the many paper-related things that reference the nature of the game) so we now that it can teleport/create portals.
You also fight Brobot type L, an improved version of the first, and even there there's no reference to creation powers and you fight it in the same place where you meet it.

And more, that place might not be world 4, but various choco bars can be seen floating and collected during the battle, the same choco bars you have to give to Squirp in world 4 (you can found and/or cook them, I don't remember the details).
Did Brobot also created these same choco bars of world 4 and scattered them all through that place?

Last edited:
Just a quick translator's note:

For 'この空間' この by itself doesn't mean anything in particular. It's more to refer to objects that are right by oneself. Because of this I couldn't tell if Mr. L was saying 'In this space' or 'In space.' But I choose what maybe sounded more plausible.

Although, the statement doesn't quite imply it, it really doesn't have anything that's a hammer in the ground statement. Saying it's teleportation or creation are both equally conjecture going off openings and statements. Though, he does specifically say "This space" implying it is a specific body of space and not a regular outerspace. Whether it's just a random universe/pocket reality that happens to exist or a created dimension is up to debate though. But, what really sharpens the feat being legit is the aftermath. Whatever body of space the teleported to is, is clearly destroyed as shown by the effect not only showing it as an explosion but it launches they're seen back to where they are before the explosion. This heavily implies it's a pocket reality that was indeed destroyed by Brobot's self destruction.

It may not be a creation feat; it might be a teleportation instead of a creation feat, but the Aftermath is still 100% a solid destruction feat; which is more than enough to be seen as a pocket reality destruction feat.

Staff only thread, but basically; it's just feats where character A just got poofed to somewhere and there is a starry sky or a simple hand wave and a starry sky appears. Those feats will not be assumed 4-A unless there's actual evidence of characters creating/destroying starry sky dimensions.

It may not be a creation feat; it might be a teleportation instead of a creation feat, but the Aftermath is still 100% a solid destruction feat; which is more than enough to be seen as a pocket reality destruction feat.
Sure that the destruction feat wasn't like a chain-reaction caused by defeating L Gunder/Brobot?

It would still scale to the cast's durability given they tanked the epic center of the explosion. Also, chain reactions are also something that require evidence, we don't need to prove a negative.

Last edited:
Back