• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reimu Hakurei vs Asuka R Kreuz (That Man)

...From what I see, nothing he got would work against FN as all. Still, Reimu still need a long time to actually win this.

If Reimu follows him into the backyard, she's done for. Not to mention that Asuka is a helluva lot stronger.

The real cal howard said:
If Reimu follows him into the backyard, she's done for. Not to mention that Asuka is a helluva lot stronger.
She would ignored it with FN though. Also if it's that dangerous, why would you think she would follow him into that?

It's not like she has prior knowledge, and Asuka is several thousand times stronger than her. Also, what are all the things that FN negated? I know force and gravity, but the backyard is none of those things.

But she have fantasic sense of intuition. And if she is facing such a strong opponent, that would picked up fast.

Her FN is the ability to float, and both her mind and body fly in the sky of fantasy (basically I said that she's completely detached herself from reality, so these thing won't directly influence her). Also she still have strong mental capacity as she could look directly at the true moon without getting insane

Is it like natural intuition, or like sensing? If it's the former, she wouldn't be able to sense him. If it's the latter, then sure. I agree. Wouldn't matter though, as she can't run away from the fight (due to us rulers over the battle making this happen) or sense the backyard.

Backyard isn't a mind thing. It's a strong soul manipulating thing. Not sure if it would work in FN or not, but only needs a second or two to do sme erasure stuff.

FateAlbane said:
Asuka time stops, BFR's Reimu to the backyard and calls it a day. The end.
Reimu FN herself and flying out of the gap Asuka just made and resume fighting.

How would his timestop work though?

And sorry to burst your bubble but the Backyard itself is outside of common reality (literally contains all the information that makes up the Real World, it's what "produces Reality" in the first place), so yes, it would work very well against Reimu and FN.

@Andy She floats out of reality, the Backyard is outside of Reality by default. It wouldn't even matter. kek And Sakuya's time stopping works against Reimu so yeah. Asuka can and will time stop her because why not.

I doubt Reimu would feel strange in this place though, since she does connect to the world through intuition. Also remember the spacial gap that Reimu could fly out of?

And you still haven't answer how Asuka timestop work?

Not sure why That Man would stop time before Reimu goes FN, or vice versa. Seems more like inconclusive.

Also, no Asuka isn't much stronger. He is 4-B from High 4-C. He doesn't have a fixed value so it's not really possible to tell.

By all means, show me proof that Reimu resists anything like the Backyard or I'm calling it NLF. And no, Fantasy Nature totally states that she floats outside of reality. The backyard is the source of realities in the first place, an ability to float outside of reality wouldn't be worth anything when you're already outside of it.

And the time stop would work by stopping time. I don't get what you mean by asking how a timestop would work.

I mean the way and the how. Is he have something special on it, does it need any requirement, or is it like the usual "think and it work" stuff?

And that's why I doubt she would feel strange there. It's in her nature to be outside of reality in the first place. I doubt that would feel much different compare to the realm she escaped to.

@Cal That's Solar System level. Our rating for Sol is High 4-C.

@Fate not sure if he can do that. It's not like she is physically there anymore to teleport

And hey look, That Man is Solar System for being leagues above Sol in base. Not because of that calc you linked

@Andhy You're assuming the backyard to be a common place outside of reality where you can simply exist, which is not the case. Rather than Reimu's effect of floating outside of reality and being simply away, when you get to the outside that is the backyeard, the huge data pressure of being at the very source of reality literally crushes the being unless they are resistant to the frequency the Backyard emits.

As for the time stop, pretty sure it's think and it works. I-no does it all the time and she's not as powerful as Asuka.

@Saikou Like I just said, he is sending her to a place outside of reality, it doesn't matter if she is outside of reality, she is getting sent there one way or another because FN does not grant her the power to float away from planes that exist outside of Reality.

I'm asking you how Asuka will teleport her in the first place. Even if the Backyard exists outside reality that doesn't mean That Man can teleport her when she is FN.

Also the whole "Outside reality" thing for Reimu was a mistranslation.

>> Can literally BFR people to the outside of reality and then casually exist and interact with them in a plane that exists in this way.

>> "Won't be able to BFR someone who is outside of reality".

Sure. EDIT: Also, mistranslation or not, the "phasing in and out of existence", it's all the same as being outside the reality. The backyard still exists outside of all that. Unless you show me Reimu getting out of some real BFRing to a place as deadly as the backyard, there's literally nothing backing up the idea of her escaping/surviving it.

Yeah but Reimu doesn't phase out of reality. It's more like some high level of intangibility. I don't think Asuka could just "reach" her. It's admittedly very vague now how FN work.

Eh, tbh foating out of reality is way more OP than most intangibilities out there. Asuka himself has Intangibility so it's nothing new to him.

It's not that FN isn't broken, case in point is that the Backyard happens to be the "perfect counter" for it really. Tbh, this is the only thread I've ever seen where Reimu's FN is not restricted and the opponent can still say "Lol, nope" to it. It's usually the contrary, with Reimu no selling everything.

That Man having intangibility doesn't suddenly mean he can counter Reimu's FN. it would most likely protect from the Backyard in general too, since it's likely that her soul is out of reach too.

Because soul kinda logically follows body, and Soul affecting power is very common in Gensokyo.

Also, provide proof That Man can counter abilities like FN?

Reimu has no ability that makes her go out of reach from anything beyond of common reality. She can't go out of reach from the Backyard. And I already did. The entire way the backyard works is the perfect counter for FN as explained above but I'll do it again because why not.

And Reimu using FN to do her escaping out of reality/existence doesn't matter in the slightest because 1. Asuka's powers can affect things that are in the outside of reality (proved it by BFRing people to the Backyard. If his range was limited to affecting things in the inside of the reality, he logically shouldn't be able to as the backyard is portrayed in Guilty Gear as not easy in the slightest to get to, much less interact with - yet he casually BFRs people there.) and 2. He can exist in the outside of reality as a whole. He can get to the backyard, he can exist in the backyard or can bring people and himself to (and out of) it. Again, VERY casually.

He proved time and again the ability to affect people and interact with planes outside of existence. All of this actually happened in GG. As for Reimu, FN here is getting as speculative as Yukari using every single border that exists out there in the most absurd ways in order to win an otherwise lost fight.

Outside of reality with the Backyard seems to imply more of another dimension outside of the normal universe than another plane of reality. Even then, Gensokyo itself is like another plane of reality, while Reimu's FN seems unreachable even by those standards.

No, the Backyard is the very source of all reality (that's the exact reason it usually screws anyone that goes near and into the realm). It is stated that it literally "contains all the information that makes up the real world and the source of limitless energy known as Magic". It's described as being similar to a computer to the game, or even a book containing the world. Anything that happens in reality cannot ever affect the Backyard, but certain elements in the backyard can change the world's very existence. It produces all of reality and the world itself is like a virtual space created from it.

And the whole "FN unreachable even by those standards" is wanking Reimu's FN, which is already broken enough as it is.

The FN is considered the ultimate power in a verse with people capable of reaching other plane of reality (Suika destroying Heaven while in Gensokyo, Yukari, Ghosts going in and out of the Netherworld, Sakuya accessing other worlds etc). While I agree FN is often wanked to ridiculous extent, its position in the verse should at least make it above traveling through other planes of reality, a casual action.

It's one thing to travel to another plane, it is another to travel to the plane that originated all of it and is not only the source, but also in the outside of everything else.

But I digress, there are like 10 reasons why Asuka takes this and if you still want to believe FN will be untouchable after all the evidence for it and against Reimu (who, like I said before, lacks actual evidence whatsoever to assume that she would be unaffected), go ahead.

I could write like a million replies here and you still would not believe that, for once in Reimu's life, FN is actually getting countered. Because really, a strong hax doesn't mean a hax that literally nothing out there can top/counter, which is pretty much how FN is being treated here despite having nothing to support it.

I'm voting Asuka for reasons above and the same >> BFRs to Backyard, calls it a day. The end.

He doesn't even really need the time stop that much now that I think about it, but might come in handy too.

Well, one point: Reimu could get access to a similar realm of infomation, containing record of the object in which to decide the future by way of intuition, mean she float along and feel it's like so. That's not involving FN yet, and she could gain access to that easily.

@Andy A lot of speculation but not providing actual proof. The same thing in many Touhou threads I go when they can't win with that they have actually shown (which really, is already enough to make the character strong and haxxed) or there's even the possibility of them losing. Then the speculation comes along.

This is hardly - if ever - accepted for any verse out there, I don't see why Touhou should receive special treatment.

Back