• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Seeing threads this idea comes to mind hahah.

Yhwach vs Reimu Hakurei

-Speed =
-Both in-character
-Soul King Absorbed Yhwach is being used

Who Wins?

Sir Gideon Ofnir, The AAALLLLLLLLLLLLL KNOWIIIIING:
wp4563335.png

Flyyyy me to the mooon. Let me playyyy among the sstarrsss:
Hakurei.Reimu.full.3596455.jpg

Messi messi messi messi, ankara messi, ankara messi (incon): 7

Last edited:
ya know? Why people keep on pitting Yhwach with 3-A people DESPITE his 3-A rating comes from environmental destruction only at his profile page?

Soul Crush G-
Oh, wait, we actually got the spirit stuff applied, neat.

Wouldn't this just be an incon, then? Yhwach constantly uses the fate hax that Almighty gives him at least according to other vs threads about him, but Reimu also has passive fate hax, so...

why has nobody mentioned fantasy nature yet smh

Anyways it seems as though Yhwach has some kind of precognitive power null that you could argue would work on fantasy nature, but based on its description, it wouldn't really nullify the power itself, just prevent it from harming or killing Yhwach (which is irrelevant since fantasy nature is not an offensive technique). And while Reimu can oneshot with her basic attacks, I don't really see anything that'd let her get past type 4 immortality. So, it's an incon.

why has nobody mentioned fantasy nature yet smh

Anyways it seems as though Yhwach has some kind of precognitive power null that you could argue would work on fantasy nature, but based on its description, it wouldn't really nullify the power itself, just prevent it from harming or killing Yhwach (which is irrelevant since fantasy nature is not an offensive technique). And while Reimu can oneshot with her basic attacks, I don't really see anything that'd let her get past type 4 immortality. So, it's an incon.
Yhwach doesn't appear in other precognitive visions of the future. He cannot be seeing in the future, this an ability he gained by absorbing the Soul King who used it against his precognitive ability to see all futures at the same time as a grains of sand.

It's instant activation, but not passive. She has to go with the flow first then it activate, not to mention Marisa has already weakened Fantasy Nature by giving it a name.

Do we even have a source for Reimu needing to "go with the flow" for fantasy nature to activate? Really feels like another case of the 2hu wiki just making shit up and people taking it at face value.

Gonna be honest

I'm not ******* using an ability description lifted straight from another wiki as an argument. We've been down this path before, we all know the 2hu wiki is unreliable (Kasen's teleportation, fairy type 8 immortality, and Keiki's soul manipulation being the primary examples), and we need new descriptions. But until then, we shouldn't exactly rely on the wiki either.

Actually if something is bad and inaccurate, we shouldn't use it. Just going "oh well shit sucks nothing we can do about it" is ****** lazy.

Reimu doesn't enter some weird flow state when she's about to activate Fantasy Nature. Marisa explained how she possibly activates it in GoM, but she's still unsure if that's how she really activates it:
霊夢の究極奥義らしいが、霊夢は目を閉じていて弾幕は敵を目掛けて自動的に射出されるだけだそうだ。
It's her ultimate secret technique, apparently, but it looks like she just closes her eyes while the danmaku fires itself towards the enemy automatically.

Closing an eye isn't passive tho. And if that's the case then why doesn't Reimu just activate it vs Mokou when they aren't under spellcard rules? Almighty is (in a way) passive if I recall.

Same reason Sakuya didn't stop time indefinitely or Yukari didn't EE Mokou into oblivion, I imagine. Also, the eye closing thing isn't passive, but the ability to float and its relevant applications (which includes fantasy nature) certainly are.

Flying is an action, it's not passive. She need to think about it then it immediately activate.
Same reason Sakuya didn't stop time indefinitely or Yukari didn't EE Mokou into oblivion, I imagine.
Because they're aren't passive, if FN are passive then there's no way of stopping it (It's an always active type of ability, but you need to activate (unleash) it first).

The point is that even in scenarios where characters are supposedly going "all out", they aren't exactly using their most powerful hax every time. Reimu can indeed restrict her fantasy nature whenever she wishes, given Marisa's prior naming of the technique and Reimu's own power modification. As lazy of an answer as it may seem, the reason is simply that giving Reimu constant fantasy nature in IN's extra stage would make it impossible to lose, and there wouldn't be a game at all.

Did you even read the scans provided? The ability to float extends well beyond just flying, its other effects are clearly passive.

The point is that even in scenarios where characters are supposedly going "all out", they aren't exactly using their most powerful hax every time. Reimu can indeed restrict her fantasy nature whenever she wishes, given Marisa's prior naming of the technique and Reimu's own power modification.
It's not passive if you can restrict it, because passive activate unconsciously, FN is kinda like Rimuru's Demon Lord Aura.
Did you even read the scans provided? The ability to float extends well beyond just flying, its other effects are clearly passive.
Did you not read what I said? I did not deny that others are passive, but it's activation clearly isn't passive.

Actually- how does Yhwach's type 4 immortality work? That's for some reason the only thing that lacks explanations or scans.

It's not passive if you can restrict it, because passive activate unconsciously, FN is kinda like Rimuru's Demon Lord Aura.
Uhhhhhh...

You do realize passives can still be restricted, right? Like aura suppression is a thing? In fact, we have a thread open right now that'd give youkai the ability to restrict their own passive aura at will. This isn't exactly a new concept.

Did you not read what I said? I did not deny that others are passive, but it's activation clearly isn't passive.
Ah yes, because clearly you have to manually activate an ability that has been present since birth and is literally described as a mental state. Nothing about any depiction of her ability to float would imply that it's done manually; She's always unbound by gravity, and she always is unaffected by threats of power or stature.

Actually- how does Yhwach's type 4 immortality work? That's for some reason the only thing that lacks explanations or scans.
Yeah we should get a Bleach expert in here, seems like type 4 is the main hurdle Reimu would have to overcome here.

Tbh, erasing one's concept should stop Yhwach from resurrecting anyway.
Where does Reimu get conceptual erasure from, again? Like yeah she has concept manip, but when does she ever erase a concept?

Here's the actual scan for Yhwach's type 4.

Its own his profile but it's in his "Notable Attacks/Techniques" section rather than the P&A's section.

sKVs2ZI.png

Back