• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I read the rest, how is Death Kwon-Do existence erasure? They do kinda just disappear but is it previously stated they get wiped from existence, because that could very much be vaporization, and it's more reasonable to think so.
This was not mentioned because they were usually in fight when they used Death Kwon-Do. But as we see here, the extinction process is happening gradually, A light surrounds them, then they disappear without leaving anything behind.

Last edited:
I mean yeah, but without any statements that's literally just what vaporization is, I see no reason for it to be existence erasure without anymore statements.
So yes, but in fact, when you look at the other places where it fights, it doesn't progress as I presented, there is a situation of direct extinction and the process is happening gradually here, this has a greater evidential value, I still think so, so what do you think about the other issues mentioned?

So yes, but in fact, when you look at the other places where it fights, it doesn't progress as I presented, there is a situation of direct extinction and the process is happening gradually here, this has a greater evidential value, I still think so, so what do you think about the other issues mentioned?
Well, I mean, that's the thing. Vaporization can still do that, whether it's over time or instant. Existence Erasure is more than just attacking a person, and then they disappear, it accounts for stuff like someone's soul, body, mind, basically everything ceasing to exist entirely.
With how it stands and their being no extra statements, I don't think that Death Kwon-Do has existence erasure, just really potent attacks.

Well, I mean, that's the thing. Vaporization can still do that, whether it's over time or instant. Existence Erasure is more than just attacking a person, and then they disappear, it accounts for stuff like someone's soul, body, mind, basically everything ceasing to exist entirely.
With how it stands and their being no extra statements, I don't think that Death Kwon-Do has existence erasure, just really potent attacks.
I mean, but the attack situations and the events within them are important. I used this as an example because I wanted to show that in this video it's different from the other ones, if you look at the previous video, there are attacks that suddenly disappear or nothing happens. I wanted to emphasize that this one is different from the previous one, because it's gradual and the main purpose of existence erasure is to leave nothing behind. That's happening here, it's just missing statements.

I mean, but the attack situations and the events within them are important. I used this as an example because I wanted to show that in this video it's different from the other ones, if you look at the previous video, there are attacks that suddenly disappear or nothing happens. I wanted to emphasize that this one is different from the previous one, because it's gradual and the main purpose of existence erasure is to leave nothing behind. That's happening here, it's just missing statements.
That’s the thing, you NEED statements for EE. I would hope no staff look at this and agree with that if it just has not statements.

Even if it’s gradual and another is instant it’s as I mentioned, vaporization can still do that.

That’s the thing, you NEED statements for EE. I would hope no staff look at this and agree with that if it just has not statements.

Even if it’s gradual and another is instant it’s as I mentioned, vaporization can still do that.
Well then I can still change it to deconstruction. So what are your views on the others, there is currently 1 staff approval and if you accept it, I think I can apply it, including deconstruction.

Well then I can still change it to deconstruction. So what are your views on the others, there is currently 1 staff approval and if you accept it, I think I can apply it, including deconstruction.
That'll work for now. I'll look at the other stuff, but I'm a bit wary about acausality since what's being described is a bit different to what acausality gives you.

That'll work for now. I'll look at the other stuff, but I'm a bit wary about acausality since what's being described is a bit different to what acausality gives you.
Like this, the punches have the power to reset the universe and all the timelines, the moment the fist takes place, the deletion process takes place, we see mordecai and rigby erased, but the series throws us into the first episode, rigby and mordecai say that they remember everything and say that we have experienced this before. They are not affected by this process. here

Mordecai/Rigby/Benson

•Existence Erasure:Death Kwon-Do can erase existence.
•Resistance to Existence Erasure:Resistance to the Death Kwon-Do chain that could wipe out the existence.
Is that truly known as existence erasure, or did you get to the conclusion because the attack made characters disappear? If the latter is the case, then it could be deconstruction instead. If the former is the case, then please provide evidence that the characters were actually erased from existence.
It looked like Mordecai remembered what happened due to touching the time capsule box. Is that a supernatural aspect of the box? Otherwise, the addition of acausality looks good to me.

The resistance to space-time manipulation is implied by the acausality, so it would be redundant to include. I suppose the resistance to existence erasure could be true, but it also might just be that Rigby has acausality and he remembered what occurred after the universe was destroyed and reset, meaning he could've actually not resisted the existence erasure.
That looks true. Make sure to clarify that the luck comes from the fortune paper slips rather than the nature of the characters. In other words, this would be available through having the fortune paper slips as equipment.

Hammer/Benson/Skips/Hi Five Ghost

•Mftl Speed:They fought on an equal footing with the hammer who could fight god of basketball.

(For the most part, Benson kept up with the park team and fought on equal terms. That's why it's scale.)

(Acausality type1 is still the same base but updated with more video details.)
  1. It looked like the Hammer was able to solo all of them until they started exploiting his weakness to furniture. The characters were able to somewhat stay out of trouble, but at the same time, the Hammer's mobility and attacks might have different speeds. An example is how the Hammer had to charge up for an energy attack, giving the characters time to evade it.
  2. The Hammer didn't visibly land a hit on the God of Basketball until the latter was sneak attacked from behind, which gave the Hammer the opportunity to attack. Is there other information to support the scaling? I get the impression that there might be, considering that the God of Basketball didn't look a lot faster than the other characters. Perhaps that just means he wasn't using super speed at the time though. When the God of Basketball was winding up a punch before being sneak attack, it didn't look like it was meant to be a fast attack.
  3. Considering how Mordecai, Rigby and Muscle Man get their MFTL speed from obtaining flashy basketball powers that the God of Basketball also has, the proposed scaling can be reasonably seen as inconsistent, because the characters you plan on upgrading here are comparable to Mordecai, Rigby and Muscle Man when they lack flashy basketball powers. The God of Basketball also wasn't shining when he was fighting the Hammer.
Existence Erasure is more than just attacking a person, and then they disappear, it accounts for stuff like someone's soul, body, mind, basically everything ceasing to exist entirely.
The minimum for existence erasure is that it destroys absolutely everything physically, more than vaporization does. Destruction of the soul and destruction of the mind are extra things for more potent forms of existence erasure. (Otherwise, you and I share the same sentiment about this revision proposal.)

Is that truly known as existence erasure, or did you get to the conclusion because the attack made characters disappear? If the latter is the case, then it could be deconstruction instead. If the former is the case, then please provide evidence that the characters were actually erased from existence.
Yes, we agreed that this is deconstruction, I will edit it here.
It looked like Mordecai remembered what happened due to touching the time capsule box. Is that a supernatural aspect of the box? Otherwise, the addition of acausality looks good to me.

The resistance to space-time manipulation is implied by the acausality, so it would be redundant to include. I suppose the resistance to existence erasure could be true, but it also might just be that Rigby has acausality and he remembered what occurred after the universe was destroyed and reset, meaning he could've actually not resisted the existence erasure.
We see that he remembers the moment he touched the box, but there is an incident like this, the box only saved certain memories, that is, it did not record the anti pops and pops event, and mordecai still remembered everything, we already saw that they were deleted in the deletion process, but neither of them was affected and said that they remembered again.

That looks true. Make sure to clarify that the luck comes from the fortune paper slips rather than the nature of the characters. In other words, this would be available through having the fortune paper slips as equipment.
Yes, regular show profiles are often treated as composites, this will be reflected in them as equipment.
It looked like the Hammer was able to solo all of them until they started exploiting his weakness to furniture. The characters were able to somewhat stay out of trouble, but at the same time, the Hammer's mobility and attacks might have different speeds. An example is how the Hammer had to charge up for an energy attack, giving the characters time to evade it.
As it is known from here, they run away from attacks, that is, they can react. And no, it's not the energy that the hammer collects, the hammer has never done an energy attack on the god of basketball.

You said that they managed to stay out of trouble, now you are confirming that you are saying it, I never tried to increase the attack power of the park crew, I just said that they could fight it.
, you only have to prove that he cannot use them if his leg is incapacitated, otherwise he was not hit anywhere in his body and it is clear from the video that the hammer did not attack his leg. We can only say that his leg is weakened by getting down on his knees, the hammer is attacking him from his point of view, yet he cannot react to the hammer.

That's why I've already explained these things, I'll say it for the last time.

1 - Just because he was shot in the foot doesn't mean he can't use the other parts.

2-She just kneels down and doesn't even scream, let alone squirm. (This happens when Hammer hits her.)

3-So? Hammer is already there to fight him, and that doesn't change the fact that he can attack the god of basketball.

So there is no problem with the scale.

So I don't know how many times I have to repeat this, the god of basketball is only injured in his leg, so he can use other parts of it. If there is no problem, please do not say that he weakened, in general the hammer attacked him from his field of view, that is, he could have reacted, but he failed.
God of basketball mordecai's It only has haxes. Playing better basketball, aura and flight. So the speed of battle is constant. Thank you for joining me.
Those who have the power of god of basketball will only have the rights I have mentioned here. On the other hand, he is advancing and fighting at the same speed as the god of basketball, park team. On the other hand, there is no problem with the speed scale.

Yes, we agreed that this is deconstruction, I will edit it here.

We see that he remembers the moment he touched the box, but there is an incident like this, the box only saved certain memories, that is, it did not record the anti pops and pops event, and mordecai still remembered everything, we already saw that they were deleted in the deletion process, but neither of them was affected and said that they remembered again.

Yes, regular show profiles are often treated as composites, this will be reflected in them as equipment.
Alright, good job. 👍
As it is known from here, they run away from attacks, that is, they can react. And no, it's not the energy that the hammer collects, the hammer has never done an energy attack on the god of basketball.

You said that they managed to stay out of trouble, now you are confirming that you are saying it, I never tried to increase the attack power of the park crew, I just said that they could fight it.
That slam attack was telegraphed. This telegraphed nature of some of the attacks is what I'm referring to, in the same way as I was referring to the charged up energy attack. Before the Hammer put force into some attacks, he visibly looked like he was about to attack, which gave time for the other characters to avoid danger even if they weren't as fast. When the Hammer was doing attacks that weren't telegraphed, none of the other characters could dodge even when they were on guard.
So I don't know how many times I have to repeat this, the god of basketball is only injured in his leg, so he can use other parts of it. If there is no problem, please do not say that he weakened, in general the hammer attacked him from his field of view, that is, he could have reacted, but he failed.
Getting stealthily hit in the leg by a metal pipe is still shocking and hurts really bad. You're assuming that the God of Basketball had the ideal mental state to have been able to endure what happened and be ready to dodge something in front of him. Even though he's a master at playing basketball, it's still just mastery of a sport. In basketball games, there are no lethal weapons from behind to worry about, so it's easy to imagine that the God of Basketball was too surprised and in pain by the stealth attack to dodge the Hammer's punch. It would be more reliable to reach the conclusion that the God of Basketball lacks fighting skill, seeing as how he thought that it was a good idea to do that conspicuous wind up punch against the Hammer. In a fight, a person doing obvious attacks like that will only get them hit, which is exactly what happened in this case.
Those who have the power of god of basketball will only have the rights I have mentioned here. On the other hand, he is advancing and fighting at the same speed as the god of basketball, park team. On the other hand, there is no problem with the speed scale.
What evidence is there that the basketball powers specifically don't include the super speed that was used in combination with the basketball skills, aura, and flight, to demonstrate how out of this world one must be to compete against the God of Basketball in a sport competition?

That slam attack was telegraphed. This telegraphed nature of some of the attacks is what I'm referring to, in the same way as I was referring to the charged up energy attack. Before the Hammer put force into some attacks, he visibly looked like he was about to attack, which gave time for the other characters to avoid danger even if they weren't as fast. When the Hammer was doing attacks that weren't telegraphed, none of the other characters could dodge even when they were on guard.
But he fought god of basketball normally.
Getting stealthily hit in the leg by a metal pipe is still shocking and hurts really bad. You're assuming that the God of Basketball had the ideal mental state to have been able to endure what happened and be ready to dodge something in front of him. Even though he's a master at playing basketball, it's still just mastery of a sport. In basketball games, there are no lethal weapons from behind to worry about, so it's easy to imagine that the God of Basketball was too surprised and in pain by the stealth attack to dodge the Hammer's punch. It would be more reliable to reach the conclusion that the God of Basketball lacks fighting skill, seeing as how he thought that it was a good idea to do that conspicuous wind up punch against the Hammer. In a fight, a person doing obvious attacks like that will only get them hit, which is exactly what happened in this case.
It still doesn't disprove what we said, according to what you said, the speed difference is huge, he can't use his leg because it's weaker than his leg, but on the other hand he can move his head and please don't attribute this to his battle experience, he doesn't need to be super strong or battle experienced to do this, and the fact that he was in that battle and attacked confidently removes this inexperience, which is still valid as I said before. What you are doing right now is an "appeal to probability" where you are making an "appeal to probability" based on your gut feeling and what you think is true, even though I have given you the evidence. And you ignored my bonus evidence. That's fine because what I said is still valid.
What evidence is there that the basketball powers specifically don't include the super speed that was used in combination with the basketball skills, aura, and flight, to demonstrate how out of this world one must be to compete against the God of Basketball in a sport competition?
Right now, you're just trying to get us into a dead end. Mordecai rigby and muscle man got their current speed not because they were flying, but because they were fighting at the time, this doesn't affect anyone's combat speed and as i said, god of basketball powers only give you hax.

But he fought god of basketball normally.

It still doesn't disprove what we said, according to what you said, the speed difference is huge, he can't use his leg because it's weaker than his leg, but on the other hand he can move his head and please don't attribute this to his battle experience, he doesn't need to be super strong or battle experienced to do this, and the fact that he was in that battle and attacked confidently removes this inexperience, which is still valid as I said before. What you are doing right now is an "appeal to probability" where you are making an "appeal to probability" based on your gut feeling and what you think is true, even though I have given you the evidence. And you ignored my bonus evidence. That's fine because what I said is still valid.
The bottom line is that a character being stunned from an unexpected attack is an opening for a different character to attack, so scaling the latter character's speed to that of the former is questionable, and may or may not be correct depending on the context. This idea isn't supposed to be so difficult to understand, I'm just explaining it in a lot of detail because you disagree with it for some reason. Like, of course the God of Basketball theoretically could've moved his head to avoid the Hammer's punch despite having been sneak attacked, but not all characters engage in combat in the best theoretically possible way. This isn't just my gut feeling, it's an observation about the available information regarding how the characters fight. The fact that the God of Basketball didn't even seem to attempt to dodge after being sneak attacked likely means that the sneak attack hurt that badly and/or he was that surprised by how he got sneak attacked. It's less reliable to conclude that the Hammer can outspeed the God of Basketball, when moments earlier, the Hammer failed to land punches on the God of Basketball when the latter wasn't distracted.

I didn't ignore your bonus point. I described that the God of Basketball's wind up attack lacked efficiency. No one tries to perform an extremely obvious punch like that in a serious fight and gets away with it. That was the animation's way of demonstrating the God of Basketball's lack of proficiency in fights, which aligns with what I described of the God of Basketball lacking the skill to dodge the Hammer's punch after being sneak attacked. My explanations were meant to address multiple points that you presented.
Right now, you're just trying to get us into a dead end. Mordecai rigby and muscle man got their current speed not because they were flying, but because they were fighting at the time, this doesn't affect anyone's combat speed and as i said, god of basketball powers only give you hax.
I'm not bringing you to a dead end. I asked you a question about why you reached the conclusion that the basketball powers are only hax. So why is that, when the super speed was also portrayed as an important special ability along with the hax? The only elaboration you provided in what I quoted here is that the characters were acting while flying, which is something I was already aware of and is something that doesn't answer my question. If you reached a dead end, it's not my fault. You can still try again anyway. I'm not here to provide intensity.

The bottom line is that a character being stunned from an unexpected attack is an opening for a different character to attack, so scaling the latter character's speed to that of the former is questionable, and may or may not be correct depending on the context. This idea isn't supposed to be so difficult to understand, I'm just explaining it in a lot of detail because you disagree with it for some reason. Like, of course the God of Basketball theoretically could've moved his head to avoid the Hammer's punch despite having been sneak attacked, but not all characters engage in combat in the best theoretically possible way. This isn't just my gut feeling, it's an observation about the available information regarding how the characters fight. The fact that the God of Basketball didn't even seem to attempt to dodge after being sneak attacked likely means that the sneak attack hurt that badly and/or he was that surprised by how he got sneak attacked. It's less reliable to conclude that the Hammer can outspeed the God of Basketball, when moments earlier, the Hammer failed to land punches on the God of Basketball when the latter wasn't distracted.

I didn't ignore your bonus point. I described that the God of Basketball's wind up attack lacked efficiency. No one tries to perform an extremely obvious punch like that in a serious fight and gets away with it. That was the animation's way of demonstrating the God of Basketball's lack of proficiency in fights, which aligns with what I described of the God of Basketball lacking the skill to dodge the Hammer's punch after being sneak attacked. My explanations were meant to address multiple points that you presented.
Look, you still insist on not understanding, it's not a question of who attacked whom, we already know that and I'm giving you arguments based on what we see with the naked eye, I already admit that the God of Basketball was injured, but as I said, it was an attack that paralyzed only a certain part of the whole body and you even stated whether the battle was serious or not, So what do you expect me to say, again you are acting on probabilities, if it was as you say, he would not have been there to fight, but you continue to create new possibilities and you present as answers what we all know and see, but my arguments are based on visible evidence. I specifically showed the bonus argument because my aim was not necessarily to win against you on this issue, it was just to get you to accept the speed, but you are acting on a single basis and I have answered all of them and I am still defending what I said.
I'm not bringing you to a dead end. I asked you a question about why you reached the conclusion that the basketball powers are only hax. So why is that, when the super speed was also portrayed as an important special ability along with the hax? The only elaboration you provided in what I quoted here is that the characters were acting while flying, which is something I was already aware of and is something that doesn't answer my question. If you reached a dead end, it's not my fault. You can still try again anyway. I'm not here to provide intensity.
It's very simple because these are the things that we have seen basketball powers that give you better basketball playing, flight and aura. So that's what we've seen, the fact that they're fighting while flying is completely in line with their own speed, it's different from the flight speed, and it's already applying god of basketball combat speed in the scenes that I've thrown. I understand that the discussion will continue like this, it is best for the staff to come and read them and come to a decision, I still defend what I said.

Last edited:
Look, you still insist on not understanding, it's not a question of who attacked whom, we already know that and I'm giving you arguments based on what we see with the naked eye, I already admit that the God of Basketball was injured, but as I said, it was an attack that paralyzed only a certain part of the whole body and you even stated whether the battle was serious or not, So what do you expect me to say, again you are acting on probabilities, if it was as you say, he would not have been there to fight, but you continue to create new possibilities and you present as answers what we all know and see, but my arguments are based on visible evidence. I specifically showed the bonus argument because my aim was not necessarily to win against you on this issue, it was just to get you to accept the speed, but you are acting on a single basis and I have answered all of them and I am still defending what I said.
What makes you think that I'm acting on probabilities any more than you are? Your idea and my idea are opposites, relying on whether or not the God of Basketball was properly using his super speed, which is a factor that is either probably the case or probably not the case based on observation that one may be confident about. I noticed that the God of Basketball was under pressure that could've hindered his capabilities, and I noticed that it might've been implied that he didn't throw his punch in a way that would suggest impressive combat, so I was skeptical about your conclusion and I decided to analyze the context, which led me to a different conclusion than yours. Characters aren't mere stat sheets, where one having evidence of physically interacting with another is an automatic full physical scale regardless of other details, small or not, and where anyone who thinks that the evidence could be insufficient is merely someone "acting on probabilities". That would misrepresent how stories are meant to be told.
It's very simple because these are the things that we have seen basketball powers that give you better basketball playing, flight and aura. So that's what we've seen, the fact that they're fighting while flying is completely in line with their own speed, it's different from the flight speed, and it's already applying god of basketball combat speed in the scenes that I've thrown. I understand that the discussion will continue like this, it is best for the staff to come and read them and come to a decision, I still defend what I said.
Can you elaborate on how it's in line with their own speed? The only potential evidence I've seen of this is the scaling being discussed in the previous paragraph, which I find questionable as I've explained. If there is a different justification, then maybe that would be more convincing instead.

What makes you think that I'm acting on probabilities any more than you are? Your idea and my idea are opposites, relying on whether or not the God of Basketball was properly using his super speed, which is a factor that is either probably the case or probably not the case based on observation that one may be confident about. I noticed that the God of Basketball was under pressure that could've hindered his capabilities, and I noticed that it might've been implied that he didn't throw his punch in a way that would suggest impressive combat, so I was skeptical about your conclusion and I decided to analyze the context, which led me to a different conclusion than yours. Characters aren't mere stat sheets, where one having evidence of physically interacting with another is an automatic full physical scale regardless of other details, small or not, and where anyone who thinks that the evidence could be insufficient is merely someone "acting on probabilities". That would misrepresent how stories are meant to be told.
What you are defending is now funny, you are even questioning whether you are serious in the war, which is not normally possible.
Can you elaborate on how it's in line with their own speed? The only potential evidence I've seen of this is the scaling being discussed in the previous paragraph, which I find questionable as I've explained. If there is a different justification, then maybe that would be more convincing instead.
What do you mean by super speed? If you are talking about flight speed, they get combat, react speed because they fight each other in flight, but you can fly with the power of god of basketball, it is never said that it affects your speed. Look at the profiles if you want. So if by super speed you mean flight speed, it has nothing to do with combat speed.

Also, if you don't understand that the entire park team fought the god of basketball equally, so there is no inconsistency, even though I provided bonus evidence, I have nothing to do.

Last edited:
What you are defending is now funny, you are even questioning whether you are serious in the war, which is not normally possible.
I'm placing value on the context of a supposed feat, as anyone should when trying to scale characters. There's nothing funny about it. I'm also not in a war, so I don't know what you mean by "you are even questioning whether you are serious in the war". If you're referring to whether or not the God of Basketball was serious in the fight that he was in, then no, I didn't question that, so you might've misunderstood my point.
What do you mean by super speed? If you are talking about flight speed, they get combat, react speed because they fight each other in flight, but you can fly with the power of god of basketball, it is never said that it affects your speed. Look at the profiles if you want. So if by super speed you mean flight speed, it has nothing to do with combat speed.

Also, if you don't understand that the entire park team fought the god of basketball equally, so there is no inconsistency, even though I provided bonus evidence, I have nothing to do.
Super speed is the ability to move fast to a supernatural extent. In the specific case of the basketball powers, this supernatural extent goes beyond the boundaries of light. This was used in combination with flight to allow the characters to play basketball in outer space. There seems to be a connection between the flight and the super speed. The super speed counts as both for combat and for flight, of course.

Have you shown footage of the park team fighting equally against the God of Basketball? Did you mean the time that they fought on the same side against enemies? If that's the case, we've already discussed it, and I aim to not repeat myself. It's not that I don't understand you, it's that I don't believe that a character's speed should be scaled to the super speed of another character when the latter character looked like they were using an inept wind up attack rather than an attack that implements decent force and effort.

Yes, we looked at the situation many times, I did the analysis, I admitted that he had a leg injury, but since he was attacking from his point of view, I did not ignore his perception and gave one more piece of evidence (bonus evidence.)

Super speed is the ability to move fast to a supernatural extent. In the specific case of the basketball powers, this supernatural extent goes beyond the boundaries of light. This was used in combination with flight to allow the characters to play basketball in outer space. There seems to be a connection between the flight and the super speed. The super speed counts as both for combat and for flight, of course.

Have you shown footage of the park team fighting equally against the God of Basketball? Did you mean the time that they fought on the same side against enemies? If that's the case, we've already discussed it, and I aim to not repeat myself. It's not that I don't understand you, it's that I don't believe that a character's speed should be scaled to the super speed of another character when the latter character looked like they were using an inept wind up attack rather than an attack that implements decent force and effort.
Look you're still saying super speed and it's really funny, get rid of super speed first of all flight speed and the haxes it brings, of course there's also survival, like surviving in space but like I said, because the characters were fighting in flight, they got combat speed because they were reacting to each other while flying and when they did that they automatically scaled to combat speed because they were in flight. Again like I said, there's no evidence that basketball powers will bring other things other than flying speed and other haxes. Look at the profile. Of course it provides your flying speed. But that doesn't change the fact that they fight at the same speed as the god of basketball.

Yes, we looked at the situation many times, I did the analysis, I admitted that he had a leg injury, but since he was attacking from his point of view, I did not ignore his perception and gave one more piece of evidence (bonus evidence.)
The God of Basketball's perception was evidently too focused on how he got sneak attacked to focus on dodging the punch that was in front of him. The case isn't that he attempted to dodge yet failed due to the Hammer being fast enough, the case is that the God of Basketball outright didn't even attempt to dodge due to being distracted by what had happened. The character who did the sneak attack didn't need to be as fast as the God of Basketball for events to play out the way they did, because the conspicuous wind up attack that the God of Basketball tried to do was visibly inefficient and slow. This is in contrast to the two punches that the God of Basketball did before that, which the Hammer failed to dodge, due to being too slow. All I'm doing is observing what's on-screen, not appealing to probabilities.
Look you're still saying super speed and it's really funny, get rid of super speed first of all flight speed and the haxes it brings, of course there's also survival, like surviving in space but like I said, because the characters were fighting in flight, they got combat speed because they were reacting to each other while flying and when they did that they automatically scaled to combat speed because they were in flight. Again like I said, there's no evidence that basketball powers will bring other things other than flying speed and other haxes. Look at the profile. Of course it provides your flying speed. But that doesn't change the fact that they fight at the same speed as the god of basketball.
As far as I'm aware, the evidence of the basketball powers amplifying combat speed is that the only time characters were shown to be able to act at faster than light speed was when they were using the basketball powers to play basketball in outer space, which was combat speed specifically used for that purpose. My point here relies on my previous paragraph being correct, and I think it is.

The God of Basketball's perception was evidently too focused on how he got sneak attacked to focus on dodging the punch that was in front of him. The case isn't that he attempted to dodge yet failed due to the Hammer being fast enough, the case is that the God of Basketball outright didn't even attempt to dodge due to being distracted by what had happened. The character who did the sneak attack didn't need to be as fast as the God of Basketball for events to play out the way they did, because the conspicuous wind up attack that the God of Basketball tried to do was visibly inefficient and slow. This is in contrast to the two punches that the God of Basketball did before that, which the Hammer failed to dodge, due to being too slow. All I'm doing is observing what's on-screen, not appealing to probabilities.
According to what you said, the god of basketball couldn't react because he was being sneak attacked and he was focused on the attack, now you've confirmed me by saying that, because if we go by your logic, the speed difference is so much, he should have seen the hammer's attack but he didn't, in which case the hammer overcame his perception because the attack had already happened and given the speed difference, it is impossible for the hammer to touch him and god of basketball didn't try to dodge the attack COME ON how much sense does this make I mean the attack has already happened the hammer prepared to hit him but you say there is a difference in speed so hammer could have reacted in any way while attacking him but he didn't try to do so I'm sorry but please learn to look objectively and don't come up with new theories you must have seen how serious everyone was during that battle and don't ignore the fact that hammer attacked him.
As far as I'm aware, the evidence of the basketball powers amplifying combat speed is that the only time characters were shown to be able to act at faster than light speed was when they were using the basketball powers to play basketball in outer space, which was combat speed specifically used for that purpose. My point here relies on my previous paragraph being correct, and I think it is.
They received it because they fought during the flight. See here God of basketball has an ray that we saw in flight and mordecai doesn't have it, but still mordecai was able to fight it, which shows that the ability's don't affect the speed of combat.

According to what you said, the god of basketball couldn't react because he was being sneak attacked and he was focused on the attack, now you've confirmed me by saying that, because if we go by your logic, the speed difference is so much, he should have seen the hammer's attack but he didn't, in which case the hammer overcame his perception because the attack had already happened and given the speed difference, it is impossible for the hammer to touch him and god of basketball didn't try to dodge the attack COME ON how much sense does this make I mean the attack has already happened the hammer prepared to hit him but you say there is a difference in speed so hammer could have reacted in any way while attacking him but he didn't try to do so I'm sorry but please learn to look objectively and don't come up with new theories you must have seen how serious everyone was during that battle and don't ignore the fact that hammer attacked him.
No amount of emphasis and accusing me of theorizing is going to change the simple concept that one character attacking another while the latter was in hit stun means that the former character didn't outspeed the latter, they took an opportunity that was given to them.
They received it because they fought during the flight. See here God of basketball has an ray that we saw in flight and mordecai doesn't have it, but still mordecai was able to fight it, which shows that the ability's don't affect the speed of combat.
This should've been your leading argument in the first place. It's possible that Mordecai was using his natural speed. However, if the basketball powers were already within him, it's also possible that the moment you linked was an awakening of sorts. I'm going to have to look further into what happened, beyond just the clip. I have unfortunately not watched Regular Show yet.

No amount of emphasis and accusing me of theorizing is going to change the simple concept that one character attacking another while the latter was in hit stun means that the former character didn't outspeed the latter, they took an opportunity that was given to them.
Despite the fact that I have analyzed the whole moment and produced an argument accordingly, I have not adhered to a single basis and have presented backup evidence. "Invincible ignorance" It's not my fault that you did it.
This should've been your leading argument in the first place. It's possible that Mordecai was using his natural speed. However, if the basketball powers were already within him, it's also possible that the moment you linked was an awakening of sorts. I'm going to have to look further into what happened, beyond just the clip. I have unfortunately not watched Regular Show yet.
So this scene shows that the combat speed is not affected because it didn't have a beam(mordecai) , and the god of basketball didn't have a beam during the big battle, so the super speed base is gone.

I may be a little late to tell you, but Mordecai and Rigby, who had acquired Basketball Powers, played basketball with Muscle Man and Hi Five Ghost, who had not acquired these powers. So Muscle Man and Hi Five Ghost were able to keep up with Mordecai and Rigby, who had Basketball powers. This is again something that supports Mftl speed.

I may be a little late to tell you, but Mordecai and Rigby, who had acquired Basketball Powers, played basketball with Muscle Man and Hi Five Ghost, who had not acquired these powers. So Muscle Man and Hi Five Ghost were able to keep up with Mordecai and Rigby, who had Basketball powers. This is again something that supports Mftl speed.
Oh yes, you're right, that's a valid factor.

Despite the fact that I have analyzed the whole moment and produced an argument accordingly, I have not adhered to a single basis and have presented backup evidence. "Invincible ignorance" It's not my fault that you did it.
That's a fancy way of telling me "I already told you my points, my ideas are adaptable, and you're ignorant for disagreeing with my points", even though I gave my reasoning as well, in regards to both your idea about the God of Basketball's perception speed having been available and your ("bonus"/"backup") idea about the character who sneak attacked him perhaps being as fast as him to be able to do so, both ideas being ones where my contrary judgement forced you to (falsely) accuse me of failing to take some information into consideration, and both ideas being ones that I'm evidently still not ignoring as seen by how I reviewed your stance in this very sentence. Also, seeing as how I consider context as having an important role when analyzing a feat, it should be obvious that I value analyzing the whole of what's going on, rather than looking at limited details. If you're going to continue misrepresenting my input, then I'm no longer interested in continuing this discussion with you. 🙁
So this scene shows that the combat speed is not affected because it didn't have a beam(mordecai) , and the god of basketball didn't have a beam during the big battle, so the super speed base is gone.
Good.

That's a fancy way of telling me "I already told you my points, my ideas are adaptable, and you're ignorant for disagreeing with my points", even though I gave my reasoning as well, in regards to both your idea about the God of Basketball's perception speed having been available and your ("bonus"/"backup") idea about the character who sneak attacked him perhaps being as fast as him to be able to do so, both ideas being ones where my contrary judgement forced you to (falsely) accuse me of failing to take some information into consideration, and both ideas being ones that I'm evidently still not ignoring as seen by how I reviewed your stance in this very sentence. Also, seeing as how I consider context as having an important role when analyzing a feat, it should be obvious that I value analyzing the whole of what's going on, rather than looking at limited details. If you're going to continue misrepresenting my input, then I'm no longer interested in continuing this discussion with you. 🙁
I replied to what you said and now we are both away from the discussion and at an impasse, so let's end this here, now you have seen all the arguments, do you accept the speed?

I replied to what you said and now we are both away from the discussion and at an impasse, so let's end this here, now you have seen all the arguments, do you accept the speed?
I neither approve of nor disapprove of the conclusion about the MFTL speed. I just disapprove of the justification that you originally proposed. If there's contextual support to the idea that the characters can regularly move so fast, then that should be part of your leading and original justification for trying to rank the characters that way. Context isn't supposed to be something extra that's presented after a while; context is as important as feats and statements themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back