• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So overall, most of this looks fine, I agree with Deconstruction and Supernatural Luck additions. I'm not sure about Acasualty for other guy who seemed to only remember by touching the box but the rest getting it is fine. The resistance to space-time I'm unsure on though but if majority think it's fine then sure. The speed thing is a neutral thing in my opinion, he looked like he was mopping the floor with them but then he got rolled on with furniture and couldn't see to do much so I really can't say.

So overall, most of this looks fine, I agree with Deconstruction and Supernatural Luck additions. I'm not sure about Acasualty for other guy who seemed to only remember by touching the box but the rest getting it is fine. The resistance to space-time I'm unsure on though but if majority think it's fine then sure. The speed thing is a neutral thing in my opinion, he looked like he was mopping the floor with them but then he got rolled on with furniture and couldn't see to do much so I really can't say.
Thank you for your interest. In fact, the box only recorded certain memories, not the moments of war, but mordecai remembered everything, including the erasure, it just needed some time like rigby.
You're right about the speed, the hammer made them miserable, but here everyone manages to dodge the hammer's attack.
Team then manages to attack the hammar. Later, mordecai and skips react to the hammer's attack and protect themselves from its attack. Their speed should be comparable to the hammer in this regard.

Thank you for your interest. In fact, the box only recorded certain memories, not the moments of war, but mordecai remembered everything, including the erasure, it just needed some time like rigby.
You're right about the speed, the hammer made them miserable, but here everyone manages to dodge the hammer's attack.
Team then manages to attack the hammar. Later, mordecai and skips react to the hammer's attack and protect themselves from its attack. Their speed should be comparable to the hammer in this regard.
Fair enough. I'm okay with them unless someone else provides any valid argument.

Fair enough. I'm okay with them unless someone else provides any valid argument.
I did provide one. The Hammer wasn't able to punch the God of Basketball until the latter was in pain from being sneak attacked, which could mean that his perception was too distracted. The revision also argues that the character who sneak attacked the God of Basketball must've intercepted the God of Basketball's MFTL speed, but the punch he was about the do was extremely telegraphed and inefficient, so I disagree with that justification.

I did provide one. The Hammer wasn't able to punch the God of Basketball until the latter was in pain from being sneak attacked, which could mean that his perception was too distracted. The revision also argues that the character who sneak attacked the God of Basketball must've intercepted the God of Basketball's MFTL speed, but the punch he was about the do was extremely telegraphed and inefficient, so I disagree with that justification.
I didn't see your comment, I'll look for it.

The argument you provide is nonsense I think you are looking at the reaction thing very wrong, after all, an attack comes from the other side, normally he should react to it, if he is faster than him, then it becomes necessary for him to react, but no, this is not how it works in equal values, the comment you add is characterized as an empty argument that does not make much sense and causes unnecessary prolongation, we can discuss this until the morning, be sure I will not be convinced.

I glanced over James comment, I'll reply when I get back home.
Oh yes, we discussed this and after a while the topic turned super fast, anyway, let me put it this way, I gave more than one reason and he only focused on this issue, he ignored my other argument, I will explain it to you anyway. Here, the man without rules advances in the same attack as the god of basketball, so it doesn't matter how much he attacks from behind, because he goes the same as the attack, that is, he exceeds his react. On top of that it's god of basketball moving at the same pace as the park team, if you look at 5 seconds ago, you'll know what I'm saying. And he was only shot in the leg anyway, so he was in the line of sight of the hammer, but he still couldn't react, anyway, what the guy with no rules did was a clear speedblitz.. This lawless man has fight mordecai and rigby before. So there is no problem in terms of scale, I can discuss this until the morning.

The argument you provide is nonsense I think you are looking at the reaction thing very wrong, after all, an attack comes from the other side, normally he should react to it, if he is faster than him, then it becomes necessary for him to react, but no, this is not how it works in equal values, the comment you add is characterized as an empty argument that does not make much sense and causes unnecessary prolongation, we can discuss this until the morning, be sure I will not be convinced.
Yes, I tried to explain this days ago, LordGriffin1000 will make his decision.

The argument provide you is nonsense […] the comment you add is characterized as an empty argument that does not make much sense and causes unnecessary prolongation, we can discuss this until the morning, be sure I will not be convinced.
This tells me "your idea is wastefully shallow" with over-emphasis. (Misleading vividness fallacy.)
[…] I think you are looking at the reaction thing very wrong, after all, an attack comes from the other side, normally he should react to it, if he is faster than him, then it becomes necessary for him to react, but no, this is not how it works in equal values, […]
This doesn't address my point. Whatever side the attack came from doesn't matter if the character being attacked was too hurt to fight back, and he got hurt because he was doing a slow wind up punch without realizing that there was another attacker behind him.
Oh yes, we discussed this and after a while the topic turned super fast, anyway, let me put it this way, I gave more than one reason and he only focused on this issue, he ignored my other argument, I will explain it to you anyway. […]
I phrased everything carefully to make it clear that I wasn't ignoring your ideas, so it's a lie to accuse me of ignoring things at this point. Perhaps it's disbelief that someone can disagree with you? I don't know… Anyway, of course, right now, I don't want to be redundant by writing about why I disagree with your reasoning again, so that's why I didn't answer the rest of what you wrote in the quoted message. (This is denoted by the ellipsis in brackets.) Please let the staff member do his job.

I phrased everything carefully to make it clear that I wasn't ignoring your ideas, so it's a lie to accuse me of ignoring things at this point. Perhaps it's disbelief that someone can disagree with you? I don't know… Anyway, of course, right now, I don't want to be redundant by writing about why I disagree with your reasoning again, so that's why I didn't answer the rest of what you wrote in the quoted message. (This is denoted by the ellipsis in brackets.) Please let the staff member do his job.
No, you literally ignored my additional evidence and continued on with this issue, I am of course advocating this issue, but backup evidence makes things easier
This doesn't address my point. Whatever side the attack came from doesn't matter if the character being attacked was too hurt to fight back, and he got hurt because he was doing a slow wind up punch without realizing that there was another attacker behind him
If there is a huge speed difference between them, they can't attack in any way because the other side can't even feel your attack, and anyway, LordGriffin1000 will make his decision, this is my last post for now.

No, you literally ignored my additional evidence and continued on with this issue, I am of course advocating this issue, but backup evidence makes things easier

If there is a huge speed difference between them, they can't attack in any way because the other side can't even feel your attack, and anyway, LordGriffin1000 will make his decision, this is my last post for now.
I'll just see what LordGriffin1000 has to write about this too, since like I wrote, I don't want to have this discussion with you if you're going to insist that I'm ignoring your points every time you reply.

This tells me "your idea is wastefully shallow" with over-emphasis. (Misleading vividness fallacy.)

This doesn't address my point. Whatever side the attack came from doesn't matter if the character being attacked was too hurt to fight back, and he got hurt because he was doing a slow wind up punch without realizing that there was another attacker behind him.

I don't know how it will make sense to give me fallacy, but anyway, you contradict yourself with what you say, there is largely no wound and fatigue does not appear, and there is more, the attack from behind is something that should be noticed because the body's reaction speed must keep up with it, otherwise it already means the same speed for it. I can give obvious examples, for example swampfire vs kevin swampfire swampfire suddenly passes behind kevin and kevin realizes this and cannot react despite this and the speed of these two is equal, and the point I want to explain is that this speed should be equal or the man who hit him could not react to his attack because he was faster.

So, I think I get get what James is saying regarding the scene (They can correct me if I'm wrong). It's like if you are in a fight with someone and get hit in the back and fall down, you aren't always quick to get back up and the pain can slow you down. The argument is that since the basketball guy was blindsided, it's unknown of he's ready for the punch.

Now, an argument can be made that we don't know by how much his speed was dropped or if it's 100% that, we don't know. However, this can cause an issue with scaling. The best I can see is a possible/likely speed rating since it's not like he's stated to have dropped a massive chunk in his reaction time and even half his speed would still be high. I can call more staff if you guys want but I think there is still a chance for speed scaling, just not 100%.

I'll just see what LordGriffin1000 has to write about this too, since like I wrote, I don't want to have this discussion with you if you're going to insist that I'm ignoring your points every time you reply.
Dude, as a result of your ignoring, of course we have to say that you ignored it, otherwise you cannot say anything to my argument. If there is an answer to your argument, then we will discuss it until the morning, you have no chance of escaping.

So, I think I get get what James is saying regarding the scene (They can correct me if I'm wrong). It's like if you are in a fight with someone and get hit in the back and fall down, you aren't always quick to get back up and the pain can slow you down. The argument is that since the basketball guy was blindsided, it's unknown of he's ready for the punch.

Now, an argument can be made that we don't know by how much his speed was dropped or if it's 100% that, we don't know. However, this can cause an issue with scaling. The best I can see is a possible/likely speed rating since it's not like he's stated to have dropped a massive chunk in his reaction time and even half his speed would still be high. I can call more staff if you guys want but I think there is still a chance for speed scaling, just not 100%.
I don't know if more personnel are needed, but there is something like this, he couldn't even react to the man who hit him from behind, so that man's attack speed becomes MFTL and that man makes a swap blow with Mordecai and Rigby, thus R+C speed becomes MFTL.

Last edited:

Also, this guy attacks him when he is going to attack god of basketball, it doesn't change anything if he attacks from behind because he moves at the same speed as his attack and he attacks without attacking, if there was a speed difference between them, god of basketball would have already attacked, but he couldn't do it because he and that guy had equal speeds, that guy threw a speedblitz. And this guy repeatedly fought with mordecai and rigby. Mordecai and rigby have fought and fight many times on par with the park team and have been in battle, so there should be no problem with speed.

Also, this guy attacks him when he is going to attack god of basketball, it doesn't change anything if he attacks from behind because he moves at the same speed as his attack and he attacks without attacking, if there was a speed difference between them, god of basketball would have already attacked, but he couldn't do it because he and that guy had equal speeds, that guy threw a speedblitz. And this guy repeatedly fought with mordecai and rigby. Mordecai and rigby have fought and fight many times on par with the park team and have been in battle, so there should be no problem with speed.
l Agree

Dude, as a result of your ignoring, of course we have to say that you ignored it, otherwise you cannot say anything to my argument. If there is an answer to your argument, then we will discuss it until the morning, you have no chance of escaping.

I don't know if more personnel are needed, but there is something like this, he couldn't even react to the man who hit him from behind, so that man's attack speed becomes MFTL and that man makes a swap blow with Mordecai and Rigby, thus R+C speed becomes MFTL.
If the quote before my "↓" is referring to the point after it, then that just means you both aren't using the word "ignoring" properly. I can only assume that it's manipulative, given that you're both actively doing it and supporting each other. Below are quotes from me where I addressed the exact point in this thread. Some had addressed multiple points at the same time, so I added the "[…]" omission of irrelevant words, but anyway, all the information below is meant to be answers to the point that you're falsely accusing me of ignoring. Read them.
[…] It would be more reliable to reach the conclusion that the God of Basketball lacks fighting skill, seeing as how he thought that it was a good idea to do that conspicuous wind up punch against the Hammer. In a fight, a person doing obvious attacks like that will only get them hit, which is exactly what happened in this case.
I didn't ignore your bonus point. I described that the God of Basketball's wind up attack lacked efficiency. No one tries to perform an extremely obvious punch like that in a serious fight and gets away with it. That was the animation's way of demonstrating the God of Basketball's lack of proficiency in fights, which aligns with what I described of the God of Basketball lacking the skill to dodge the Hammer's punch after being sneak attacked. My explanations were meant to address multiple points that you presented.
What makes you think that I'm acting on probabilities any more than you are? Your idea and my idea are opposites, relying on whether or not the God of Basketball was properly using his super speed, which is a factor that is either probably the case or probably not the case based on observation that one may be confident about. […] I noticed that it might've been implied that he didn't throw his punch in a way that would suggest impressive combat, so I was skeptical about your conclusion and I decided to analyze the context, which led me to a different conclusion than yours. Characters aren't mere stat sheets, where one having evidence of physically interacting with another is an automatic full physical scale regardless of other details, small or not, and where anyone who thinks that the evidence could be insufficient is merely someone "acting on probabilities". That would misrepresent how stories are meant to be told.
[…] The character who did the sneak attack didn't need to be as fast as the God of Basketball for events to play out the way they did, because the conspicuous wind up attack that the God of Basketball tried to do was visibly inefficient and slow. This is in contrast to the two punches that the God of Basketball did before that, which the Hammer failed to dodge, due to being too slow. All I'm doing is observing what's on-screen, not appealing to probabilities.
[…] The revision also argues that the character who sneak attacked the God of Basketball must've intercepted the God of Basketball's MFTL speed, but the punch he was about the do was extremely telegraphed and inefficient, so I disagree with that justification.
It's almost impossible to make it any more obvious that I'm not ignoring your "bonus"/"backup" point. I'm even referring to it using the exact words you're using, in quotation marks. Alas, I'm the one with "invincible ignorance"? No way.

If the quote before my "↓" is referring to the point after it, then that just means you both aren't using the word "ignoring" properly. I can only assume that it's manipulative, given that you're both actively doing it and supporting each other. Below are quotes from me where I addressed the exact point in this thread. Some had addressed multiple points at the same time, so I added the "[…]" omission of irrelevant words, but anyway, all the information below is meant to be answers to the point that you're falsely accusing me of ignoring. Read them.

It's almost impossible to make it any more obvious that I'm not ignoring your "bonus"/"backup" point. I'm even referring to it using the exact words you're using, in quotation marks. Alas, I'm the one with "invincible ignorance"? No way.
These have been answered, that's it LOL

And if two people think the same thing about a subject, this of course means that we support each other.

These have been answered, that's it LOL

And if two people think the same thing about a subject, this of course means that we support each other.
The quotes by me have been answered with false accusations of me ignoring the very point that they address, making the discussion not proceed, but making the blame falsely pinned on me. These accusations are from both you and the other person, which is suspicious.

DUDE you didn't answer the relevant event, the fact that you said the event about success doesn't mean that you are answering this success. This doesn't refute anything against the fact that the man without rules can attack the basketball god, right now you are just trying to win the argument, I still haven't seen a debunk, if you move at the same speed as someone's attack you will be as fast as him. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH EXPERIENCE.

The quotes by me have been answered with false accusations of me ignoring the very point that they address, making the discussion not proceed, but making the blame falsely pinned on me. These accusations are from both you and the other person, which is suspicious.
If you're wrong, that's normal.

DUDE you didn't answer the relevant event, the fact that you said the event about success doesn't mean that you are answering this success. This doesn't refute anything against the fact that the man without rules can attack the basketball god, right now you are just trying to win the argument, I still haven't seen a debunk, if you move at the same speed as someone's attack you will be as fast as him. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH EXPERIENCE.
I think this guy won't understand words, we'd better wait for the staff.

Right now we are moving away from the main point of the discussion and there is no response to my last argument, could you please read my last argument and explain your decision

Successful or not, I did answer, so stop falsely accusing of not having answered.
If you're wrong, that's normal.
The point is that you're falsely accusing me of "ignoring". Being "wrong" and "ignoring" are two different things. We have yet to determine who's wrong because you're too busy trying to falsely accuse me of "ignoring", so the discussion doesn't advance.

I may be a little late to tell you, but Mordecai and Rigby, who had acquired Basketball Powers, played basketball with Muscle Man and Hi Five Ghost, who had not acquired these powers. So Muscle Man and Hi Five Ghost were able to keep up with Mordecai and Rigby, who had Basketball powers. This is again something that supports Mftl speed.
^
I think this will be effective here.

Successful or not, I did answer, so stop falsely accusing of not having answered.

The point is that you're falsely accusing me of "ignoring". Being "wrong" and "ignoring" are two different things. We have yet to determine who's wrong because you're too busy trying to falsely accuse me of "ignoring", so the discussion doesn't advance.
Our purpose in saying this is that you cannot present a proper argument and we have already refuted your argument. All you are doing now is pride. Please stop being proud and accept it.

Dude, if you want your attempts to justify yourself to stop, we'll discuss that later. BUT. I have now presented my argument that we are moving away from the main point of the discussion, there is still no answer and I am waiting for the LordGriffin1000 response, so please do not pollute the crt.

Dude, if you want your attempts to justify yourself to stop, we'll discuss that later. BUT. I have now presented my argument that we are moving away from the main point of the discussion, there is still no answer and I am waiting for the LordGriffin1000 response, so please do not pollute the crt.
What I'm writing about it still relevant. I have given you a legitimate response to your "bonus"/"backup" point, and you have yet to acknowledge it without falsely accusing me of ignoring your points, and despite this, you're telling me that I wasn't successful in answering giving my interpretation relative to yours, which isn't true. If you want to "discuss that later", it's because you're asserting that your idea is correct. In other words, it's truly you who has been ignoring my point.

What I'm writing about it still relevant. I have given you a legitimate response to your "bonus"/"backup" point, and you have yet to acknowledge it without falsely accusing me of ignoring your points, and despite this, you're telling me that I wasn't successful in answering giving my interpretation relative to yours, which isn't true. If you want to "discuss that later", it's because you're asserting that your idea is correct. In other words, it's truly you who has been ignoring my point.
dude, if you are trying to bring us down by making up terms of your own, know that this will not happen and I am waiting for an answer to your arguments, instead you are diverting the topic and I still do not understand what we are accusing you of, stop creating scenarios in your head and go back to real life, this is an advice.

Your only answer "The punch was indigestible and an attack from behind, vs" No, I've already answered them, above, if you move at the same speed as someone's attack, you're already at the same speed as them, on top of that, zaraus gave you an example, then you moved away from the arguments and looked to win the argument and I can argue until morning, I'm always here, don't worry, but your words don't concern me, what concerns me is LordGriffin's response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back