• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Tier Rating-Specific Categories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, ran into an issue. For some reason, even with content mod rights, it won't let me edit admin-locked pages. I can unlock them manually and that fixes it, but would it be possible too have temporary admin status to be able to edit these pages?

Okay. Just please pay attention to if something seems to go wrong.

Okay. Thank you. Your help is appreciated.
All the issues are fixed, and Low 6-B will be applied from this point on (meaning we'll do a 2nd round to apply it whole)

Meanwhile can you lock the Sub-Tier categories added, and make them presentable?

Can somebody link to all of them please? I am tired and rather busy with other tasks today.

I suppose that somebody needs to copy and summarise explanation texts for them as well though, along with properly indexing them. Perhaps, DontTalkDT and Damage3245 would be willing to handle it?

@Damage3245 @DontTalkDT can you assist?

It would also be very appreciated if you copy-paste the descriptions from the following page to them:

That is good, yes. Thank you very much for helping out.

It may look a bit better to just state the name of the tier (Low Hypoverse level) in the beginning though, but it depends on what other people here think.

To clarify, which of these options should we use in the text layout?

Tier 11-C: Low Hypoverse level:

Low Hypoverse level:

Sidenote, but I can probably implement some code that sorts the categories in the category list by how they should be rather than the default system. I.E. now it currently lists it as them as Tier 0, 1, 10, 2, 3, rather than Tier 0, 1, 2, 3 or Tier 11, 10, 9, 8 depending on how it's desired.

Sidenote, but I can probably implement some code that sorts the categories in the category list by how they should be rather than the default system. I.E. now it currently lists it as them as Tier 0, 1, 10, 2, 3, rather than Tier 0, 1, 2, 3 or Tier 11, 10, 9, 8 depending on how it's desired.
That's fairly simple to add to the categories of those pages, if we want to rearrange how they're displayed.

I personally do not mind if you list them in ascending order instead.

Have templates for High 1-B and Low 1-A been created? They did not link properly above.

Also, Damage, will you have the time to continue fixing the new tier categories soon?

Okay. Thank you, but in the quoted post I was referring to that @Mariogoods mentioned that a template for High 4-C had not been created, and since the other categories I mentioned are also empty, and as such displayed in the same way in the link list above, I just wanted to make certain.

Okay. Thanks a lot for all of your help. It is extremely appreciated.

Okay. Thank you for the reply.

Also, it seems like Fandom has implemented a useful new feature that solves our problem:
View attachment 202
My suggestion on the navigation bar: in the fourth asterisk menu items (****), the tiers should be replaced with sub-tiers of the tiers corresponding to those indicated in the third asterisk menu items. That means «Tiers 11 to 10» would include the following categories inside: Tier 11-C, Tier 11-B, Tier 11-A, Tier 10-C, Tier 10-B, and Tier 10-A.

Unfortunately, the fifth asterisk menu items (*****) and above don't pop up in the navigation bar. I've checked that on my wiki. We have to express ourselves in the fourth asterisk limitations.

Also: I'd put Unknown and Variable inside the «Special Tiers» third asterisk item (below all the other items in Character Tiers) if they're important enough to be listed there.

These seems like good suggestions. I had something almost identical in mind already.

Started going through Tier 1, by the way. (EDIT: And am now done Tier 1.)

Because of the way AWB works it's likely a few pages with weird formatting will slip through, but they'll be cleaned up over time.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the help, Promestein. It is extremely appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back