• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Tier Rating-Specific Categories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I will try to begin to handle this later today then.

I have now finished with removing all of the manually added now redundant tier categories via my Bot account.

However, I have prepared a page that should list the vast majority of the wiki pages that currently need to have tier templates added to them manually (including {{Unknown}} or {{Varies}} ). I would greatly appreciate volunteers for handling this task, as this entire project is finished afterwards.

I have now finished with removing all of the manually added now redundant tier categories via my Bot account.

However, I have prepared a page that should list the vast majority of the wiki pages that currently need to have tier templates added to them manually (including {{Unknown}} or {{Varies}} ). I would greatly appreciate volunteers for handling this task, as this entire project is finished afterwards.

@Elizhaa @Abstractions @Shadowbokunohero @Crazylatin77 @Jvando @Zaratthustra @ElixirBlue @Tllmbrg @Nehz_XZX

Would any of you be willing to help out please?

Sure, i'll do some later tonight. I'll do all from Manhua category till the end of the page. But regarding blogs I can't do anything as only admins can edit them beyond the one who owns them.

Thank you very much for helping out.

The blogs and sandboxes can be ignored.

Also, after you are done with each work interval, please remember to click the edit button for the page that I linked to above, and then save, so the information in it is automatically updated, and others do not have to inspect the same pages that you have handled.

Also, please remember that the "Variable Tier" category is added with the {{Varies}} template, NOT {{Variable Tier}}.

Okay. Please remember that many of the pages are repeated several times, as I used different main categories to find as many of them as possible.

Thank you. It is very appreciated. Please remember to click edit and then save for the sandbox page that I linked to earlier after each of your editing sessions is done, in order to update the remaining listed pages that need to be handled.

Last edited:
I managed to do around 60 profiles. Will do tomorrow some more. Updated the sandbox so the rest of the users will know what was edited.

@Mariogoods

Your help would also be appreciated with this.

Damage is correct.

Thank you for helping out. It is very appreciated.

You are always welcome to our content moderator group whenever you wish.

All characters from Board Game Characters and below categories should have been fixed, all that remains are the first 4 categories.

I handled some of the remaining pages. I think that only the "Weapons" category/section is left now.

I handled all of the remaining pages listed in my above-linked sandbox page, including some new large categories that I added for investigation at the end in order to be certain.

Thank you very much to everybody who helped out with that part of the project.

I am afraid that there is a final part left though, and it will require some work in order to fix.

As you all probably know, I previously used my Kav-Bot account to remove the now redundant manually/directly added tier categories from our wiki pages. This largely went fine, as all of the regular tier categories, including "Unknown", were reduced by a very limited number of pages before and after I used the Bot on them, due to properly having had tier templates added to them previously, with quite few exceptions, which is an acceptable temporary loss that can be gradually undone/corrected over time, possibly with help from the category intersection system that I used just previously in this thread.

However, when I ran through the final tier category with my Bot account, "Variable Tier" or {{Varies}} as the tier template that we use for it is called, the number of pages that use the category were much more drastically reduced. I think that they went from a bit more than 720 to around 440, and after our most recent work there are still just around 470 of them.

As such, I am afraid that I need volunteers to check through the last around 720 pages edited by my Kav-Bot account, and add the {{Varies}} tier template when necessary. I apologise for the inconvenience, and thank you in advance for any help. After this task has been done, we will finally be finished with this entire project.

Here is the relevant information in this regard:

@Elizhaa @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @Colonel_Krukov @Shadowbokunohero @Crazylatin77 @Jvando @Zaratthustra @ElixirBlue @Tllmbrg @Nehz_XZX

Would any of you be willing to help out with this task please?

The final page in the Kav-Bot list that needs to be checked through is "10,000 Punch Man".

Thank you very much for helping out.

It would be best if you divide the work by assigning specific pages, so you do not both check the same ones twice.

Yeah, I was about to suggest that.

I'll wait and see if some more people join and perhaps assign some pages to myself and others?

Yes, that seems good to me. Thank you for helping out.

Everybody please remember that if the pages write the "Varies" tier inaccurately (as "Variable" for example), it should be adjusted in all statistics sections where the error appears.

Sure. Who's currently volunteered?

Also, again, when you all adjust the pages, please use the {{Varies}} template, and replace "Variable" (and similar inaccuracies) with "Varies" instead.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. The pages are correctly tiered as "{{Varies}}", and when I go to edit the page, the option to remove the "variable tier" category isn't available.

Either I'm not understanding what I'm supposed to do, or I can't fix the issue

Well, you are supposed to check through your share of the following pages:

If you click the edit button to inspect their source codes for the pages, and they, for example, say '''Varies''' or '''Variable''' in their tier sections, you should change it to {{Varies}} instead, but if a tier section already says {{Varies}} or only says {{Low 2-C}}, for example, you can leave the page as it is. And if a page's tier section contains {{4-A}}, '''Varies''', and {{3-B}}, you only update '''Varies''' to {{Varies}}, and leave the rest of the page alone.

Is that a good enough explanation for you to understand what is intended?

Here is further information for some context:

I understand it now, I was thinking something else was the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back