• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Tier Rating-Specific Categories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.

This is just an announcement regarding that this project seems to have been finished now thanks to the combined efforts of Elizhaa, Amelia, and especially Promestein, who went above and beyond in this regard.

Massive thanks to all of them for helping out so much. You are all awesome.

Thank you.jpg
Thank you.png

@Damage3245

Would you or somebody else here be willing to write up a draft text modification for our standard format page?

The header image for that page obviously also needs to be updated accordingly, so I would greatly appreciate help from our Image Helper group in that regard.

@Colonel_Krukov @Zaratthustra @ZackMoon1234 @Dark-Carioca @MistaClean @MonkeyOfLife

My mistake. I just checked, and it seems like it doesn't need to have a part of it updated from '''7-A''' to {{7-A}}, for example.

The instructions in the page still need to be updated though. After that I can create an announcement thread regarding the subject.

Don't need to change much I believe
Tier: Current Tier of the character (in bold).
The brackets here should instead say "with the individual tier ratings itself enclosed within curly brackets "{{ }}""
For character profiles, always insert the category "Characters", as well as one with the name of the related franchise here.

You should also always add the tier or tiers for each character. These go from "Tier 11" to "Tier 0", and also include "Unknown Tier".

For example, the most important categories in Son Goku's page are "Characters", "Dragon Ball", and "Tier 2".
Also this needs to be re-edited to not mention tier categories, given the template auto-adds them regardless. So:
For character profiles, always insert the category "Characters", as well as one with the name of the related franchise here.

For example, the most important categories in Son Goku's page are "Characters" and "Dragon Ball".

Tier categories may not need be added as the templates used in the "Tier" section will automatically add the respective categories

I have updated the page:

Is this acceptable, or is there anything else that I need to adjust there?

Okay. Thank you for helping out.

Are we finished here then, or is there anything left to do here?

Wait, there are two issues left at least:

Is it a good idea if I use my own (inherited) Kav-Bot account to remove all now redundant manually added tier categories from our wiki pages,as the templates will maintain them anyway?

Also, I will need to update our wiki navigation bar and tiering system explanation page with links to all of the sub-tier categories.

The highest sub-tier categories also need to have their explanation texts updated, given the recent updates to our tiering system page.

Wait, there are two issues left at least:

Is it a good idea if I use my own (inherited) Kav-Bot account to remove all now redundant manually added tier categories from our wiki pages,as the templates will maintain them anyway?
I think best not to, in case there happen to be some archaic files with wonk bolding in the tier section. Bot may not have picked it up and we just isolated it even more to fix.
Also, I will need to update our wiki navigation bar and tiering system explanation page with links to all of the sub-tier categories.
Kk

The highest sub-tier categories also need to have their explanation texts updated, given the recent updates to our tiering system page.
Yeah, also just noticed Tier 0 doesn't have a writeup altogether.

I have now updated our tiering system explanation page accordingly, and also tried to improve on its structure a bit in the process:

Is the way that I tried to fix the double-mention of the 1-A/Outerverse level section acceptable, @DontTalkDT , @KingPin0422 , and @Ultima_Reality ?

I have now also updated the explanation sections in all of our tier categories.

I have now updated our wiki navigation bar as well. Please tell me here if anybody notices any mistakes there or in my previously linked edits, so they can be corrected.

I think best not to, in case there happen to be some archaic files with wonk bolding in the tier section. Bot may not have picked it up and we just isolated it even more to fix.
Hmm. I am uncertain in either direction, as it turns the wiki rather unstructured and incoherent otherwise. The old-form tier categories also seem redundant to keep around.

Can't the remaining pages be handled by Elizhaa using Promestein's version of the mass edit script on the entire "Characters" category instead, for example?
Yeah, also just noticed Tier 0 doesn't have a writeup altogether.
I handled it earlier.

Hmm. I am uncertain in either direction, as it turns the wiki rather unstructured and incoherent otherwise. The old-form tier categories also seem redundant to keep around.

Can't the remaining pages be handled by Elizhaa using Promestein's version of the mass edit script on the entire "Characters" category instead, for example?

I haven't checked Prom's modified code yet, I'll ask her about it.
I handled it earlier.
kk

I have now updated our tiering system explanation page accordingly, and also tried to improve on its structure a bit in the process:

Is the way that I tried to fix the double-mention of the 1-A/Outerverse level section acceptable, @DontTalkDT , @KingPin0422 , and @Ultima_Reality ?
This is the initial tier for characters who functionally transcend the rest of the Tiering System, and stand outside of any extensions of infinite hierarchies and sizes, to varying degrees and magnitudes. In more straightforward terms, this category could be said to be occupied by characters whose size and/or level of power cannot be reached by merely stacking bigger infinities on top of each other.
This is like, not really true of Low 1-A at all, I feel? Low 1-A is quite literally just the next infinite cardinal number after High 1-B layer-wise, so it absolutely does not "stand outside of any extensions of infinite hierarchies and sizes." I would change Low 1-A's description back to how it was before, and then rewrite High 1-A's description a bit to accommodate this instead.

This is the initial tier for characters who functionally transcend the rest of the Tiering System, and stand outside of any extensions of infinite hierarchies and sizes. In more straightforward terms, this category could be said to be occupied by characters whose level of power cannot be reached by merely stacking bigger infinities on top of each other, as it exceeds what the logical framework defining 1-A and below can allow. Practically speaking, this would be something completely unreachable to any 1-A hierarchies, even those with an infinite or uncountably infinite number of layers.

A concrete example of this tier would be an inaccessible cardinal, which in simple terms is a number so large that it cannot be reached ("accessed") by smaller numbers, and as such has to be "assumed" to exist in order to be made sense of or defined in a formal context (Unlike the standard aleph numbers, which can be straightforwardly put together using the building blocks of set theory). Even just the amount of infinite cardinals between the first inaccessible cardinal and aleph-2 (Which defines 1-A) is greater than cardinals such as aleph-0, aleph-1, aleph-2, aleph-3, etc., and even many aleph numbers whose index is an infinite ordinal. More information on the concept is available on this page.

Thank you for helping out. So should I simply move your version of the initial text column for the current Low 1-A to High 1-A instead then?

Also, are KingPin's suggestions fine with you, @DontTalkDT and @Ultima_Reality ? I would appreciate a quick reply, as we are in a bit of a hurry here.

@KingPin0422

I made a quick restoration fix to avoid misunderstandings while we are waiting for input:

Last edited:
The structure of the Tiering System page is not at all ideal in this manner though.

What are we revising here and why?
I assume this isn't directly about the initial purpose of this thread and I sadly can't quite follow the debate.

We're only supposed to be working on adding tier-specific categories, not overhauling how Tier 1 works, that has its own CRT to be handled at.

I'm still confused why reorganistion includes changes to wording, but I will just look over the information, I guess.
This is like, not really true of Low 1-A at all, I feel? Low 1-A is quite literally just the next infinite cardinal number after High 1-B layer-wise, so it absolutely does not "stand outside of any extensions of infinite hierarchies and sizes." I would change Low 1-A's description back to how it was before, and then rewrite High 1-A's description a bit to accommodate this instead.
as it exceeds what the logical framework defining 1-A and below can allow
Isn't that technically not quite true? ZFC allows for inaccessible cardinals, but just can't prove that they exist, no? Perhaps "be proven to contain" would be more accurate than "allow"? Is this off-topic? I guess it might be...

I agree that Low 1-A doesn't "stand outside of any extensions of infinite hierarchies and sizes" in any case. So I'm fine with KingPin's suggestion.

I'm still confused why reorganistion includes changes to wording, but I will just look over the information, I guess.

Isn't that technically not quite true? ZFC allows for inaccessible cardinals, but just can't prove that they exist, no? Perhaps "be proven to contain" would be more accurate than "allow"? Is this off-topic? I guess it might be...

I agree that Low 1-A doesn't "stand outside of any extensions of infinite hierarchies and sizes" in any case. So I'm fine with KingPin's suggestion.
Guys, this isn't the thread to do that. This is for adding categories for Tiers.

Guys, this isn't the thread to do that. This is for adding categories for Tiers.
We are already done with that part. Currently we are doing the final cleanup work, due to myself having to update the organisation of our tiering system page based on this. See the links that I provided earlier.

The previous structure for the tiering system page was messy, so I tried to fix it in conjunction. Please see the links that I provided earlier for easy overviews of exactly what I did. Thank you.

What you did seems ok.
As mentioned above I have some concerns regarding content but from the looks of it that was already part of Ultima's version, so I will bring it up in the explanation thread instead.

@KLOL506

Here is an easy overview of all the edits that I did in our tiering system page combined:

We are already done with that part. Currently we are doing the final cleanup work, due to myself having to update the organisation of our tiering system page based on this. See the links that I provided earlier.
Ah, sorry, didn't know you guys had shifted to a different topic. In that case, I think I'll take my leave now, I am ill-suited to handle Tier 1 know-hows.

Well, we just switched that part of the discussion to another, more appropriate, thread.

If it is fine, I would prefer to use my own Bot account to remove all of the now redundant manually added tier categories, given that it would make it much easier in the long run to make sure that all of our profile pages do not contain tier categories that are mismatched with their tier sections.

@AKM sama @Promestein @DontTalkDT @DarkDragonMedeus @Damage3245 @Mr._Bambu

Is this acceptable for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back