• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Redux Time! Garou vs Natsu

And before someone brings up the skill advantage, that can be beaten by pure strength. Look at Garou's fights against the S Class. Against Watchdog Man, Garou was overwhelmed by his speed and strength. Natsu has the strength but speed is equal. Against Metal Bat, Garou managed to redirect Bat's blows but even then his hands were still shaking from the pain. Garou said out loud that if even one of those attacks landed, he would've been in trouble. And unlike Metal Bat who only has a bat to fight with, Natsu's DragonSlayer Techniques have giant aoe which is not something that can be redirected. If you want an example, I brought up chapter 529 where Natsu fires a LFDM Roar at Max point blank.

I wasn't scaling Garou's Durability to Orochi but to Bang.

Garou was overwhelmed because Watchdog Man was not only stronger and faster but had a fighting style that he wasn't familiar with so he couldn't predict his movements quite well and got wrecked.

Natsu doesn't have giant AoE either. He has it, but it's not something like a radius of dozens of meters each. That's more deep in the series, but at this point Natsu's feats are nowhere that big AoE-wise.

Even though Bang is currently 7-A? That would make his durability 7-A, no, for, as his justification states, "Took hits from a serious Bang while weakened"

Oh, wait. I remembered, that's his Half Monster version.

This is Peak Human.

It doesn't look as wide as you're implying it is tho. This is AoE. What you're probably saying is the range.

On top of that, Natsu can't go spamming fire since he'll lose magic power that he can't absorb back.

@Kobster that's weird. I don't know if Garou was awakening at that fight, but he had the eye and the hair red already.

That's just the impact area from where part of it hit the ground.

https://*********.com/Manga/Fairy-Tail/Fairy-Tail---259?id=307690#7

Calaca Vs said:
On top of that, Natsu can't go spamming fire since he'll lose magic power that he can't absorb back.
You could say that for any magic user. You could replace fire with martial arts and magic for stamina and then say that about Garou.

That's around 3 meters radius. Or probably less than that.

The difference is that Garou's stamina is immensely higher than Natsu's. Plus, he could just dodge the attacks and Natsu'd be the only one losing power while Garou's just dodging which takes less effort.

Bigger than a bat. My point is that he won't be able to be able to dodge all of Natsu's attacks.

So Natsu uses the AOE to hit him instead of small attacks that miss thus it isn't a waste.

Okay, I'll count your vote tho I still see it dubious

I've settled the starting distance to 100 meters.

It looks like this Garou is getting upgraded to Mountain level... apparently.

Well, it looks like I spoke too early. He's staying the same, luckily.

But the Mountain level match will come anyway

Back