• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Real World: Honey Badgers are badass mother ******* running on rage

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter

Here's a Badger 3v1ing some Leopards and proceeding to win.

While it was injured, I think I saw it limping when it trotted away, but damn

Here's a Badger 5 or 6v1ing some young lions and a couple of Lionesses and proceeding to walk away with similar injuries as it did the 3 Leopards

So what am I going for? More durability.

These specimens of Honey Badgers weren't completely mauled even when hit not on the back, meaning that they can take 9-C hits to their belly and shit and not die, or even be bothered more than pissing it off more, so yeah, 9-C flat durability for Honey Badgers, I could probably find more but still.

TL;DR:

Jokes aside, it's more a factor of their odor deterring larger predators from biting them and loose skin that helps against claws and teeth than actual raw durability.

Personally more of a Wolverine fan but call me a hater.

I recall similar info to this, to how it would fit into the tiering system most of the said feats are piercing, in which actual 9-C blunt force damage would severely injure them.

I agree with Abstractions btw.

TL;DR:

Jokes aside, it's more a factor of their odor deterring larger predators from biting them and loose skin that helps against claws and teeth than actual raw durability.

Personally more of a Wolverine fan but call me a hater.

Eh, they were absolutely bitten on the leg at one point in the first vid, and I believe i saw a paw swipe hit it on the belly in the second vid, but, considering they're consistently pulling this shit in the wild it seems, I don't think we can say they aren't just plain stonewalls

Eh, they were absolutely bitten on the leg at one point in the first vid, and I believe i saw a paw swipe hit it on the belly in the second vid, but, considering they're consistently pulling this shit in the wild it seems, I don't think we can say they aren't just plain stonewalls
Were the Lions at full strength? Edit: When 9-C dura accepted? If yes then by who?

What is this?.. why are giving 9-C to a 12 kg animal..?
This is not a fictional verse, this is the real world.. there not "stone-wall" in RL..

Even if they physically survive leopards attack and paws, bites or more of piercing damage.. a dog survived long bite of leopard for seconds too, but it doesn't matter because real life physics work like that.

In the first video only was leopard cubs and a mother attacking the honey badger.. Also, wasn't it a cape leopard which are the size of a caracal?

The lionesses only bited on the thick skin of the honey badger and they only attacked the badger of curiosity, if they want then the lionesses would just rip off the badger head.. no way that a 150 kg lioness can't kill a 10 kg badger.. this is not a fictional world, again..

Now that I think about it, there's plenty of things we would think of that couldn't be imagined to be true but real life doesn't work like that.

If there's theoretical evidence or physical, credible, real evidence of that thing, we should be more open to the possiblity or even accept it's existence. Just because we can't comprehend something doesn't mean it's "not" true (edit).

I can list some facts that would be absurd to others, like gorillas ripping off heads & arms, planets raining diamonds, the CIA devilishly experimenting with LSD, etc.

Last edited:
Now that I think about it, there's plenty of things we would think of that couldn't be imagined to be true but real life doesn't work like that.

If there's theoretical evidence or physical, credible, real evidence of that thing, we should be more open to the possiblity or even accept it's existence. Just because we can't comprehend something doesn't mean it's true.

I can list some facts that would be absurd to others, like gorillas ripping off heads & arms, planets raining diamonds, the CIA devilishly experimenting with LSD, etc.
true

Btw, I made a little miscommunication edit. So are we going to add the videos to the official profile? I'll archive them in an archive site at least if the videos are added evidence.

Btw, I made a little miscommunication edit. So are we going to add the videos to the official profile? I'll archive them in an archive site at least if the videos are added evidence.
I can add the evidence, through I think that their back is more Athlete level than Street level :unsure:, I'm not sure if their back is 9-C at all since it tanks more piercing damage than blunt force like you say..

I can add the evidence, through I think that their back is more Athlete level than Street level :unsure:, I'm not sure if their back is 9-C at all since it tanks more piercing damage than blunt force like you say..
What about staff, knowledgeable member & supporter approval? Shouldn't we get at least, 1 or more of them to support this in case the vids get reverted?

What about staff, knowledgeable member & supporter approval? Shouldn't we get at least, 1 or more of them to support this in case the vids get reverted?
Mmh, what rating you suggest for the back? I mean, I didn't see any video where the back of the badger support high blunt force..

Mmh, what rating you suggest for the back? I mean, I didn't see any video where the back of the badger support high blunt force..
I mean, the Lions were probably not using their full paw swipe strength, so it should be comparable to a playful Tiger. 9-C seems like a convincing high-end while 10-A is a safe low end, your choice.

I mean, the Lions were probably not using their full paw swipe strength, so it should be comparable to a playful Tiger. 9-C seems like a convincing high-end while 10-A is a safe low end, your choice.
I feel like 10-A is better, like turtles shells, I feel that the thick back of badgers is similar to them.. 9-C seems to high since hyenas can bite through badgers I think

It's skin is very loose, allowing it to withstand piercing strikes much easier compared to say - a gorilla or a human being, who have tighter skin. It's less a flat durability issue and more a factor of them having an easier time with teeth and claws, it's just an evolutionary thing with mustelids.

They also drop a stink bomb almost akin to a skunk, which functions as a deterrent for the larger animals. It is actually exactly why you'd find in these videos that these much larger animals aren't completely keen on biting the honey badger, it's because of the smell.

These are the very real world explanations for this kind of phenomenon, they aren't super durable small animals, they just play to their strengths.

It's skin is very loose, allowing it to withstand piercing strikes much easier compared to say - a gorilla or a human being, who have tighter skin. It's less a flat durability issue and more a factor of them having an easier time with teeth and claws, it's just an evolutionary thing with mustelids.

They also drop a stink bomb almost akin to a skunk, which functions as a deterrent for the larger animals. It is actually exactly why you'd find in these videos that these much larger animals aren't completely keen on biting the honey badger, it's because of the smell.

These are the very real world explanations for this kind of phenomenon, they aren't super durable small animals, they just play to their strengths.
So shouldn't we put "Fragrance Manipulation (has a gland that drops a stink bomb, causing many predators to get deterred or not use their full strength)" in it's abilities? What is your opinion on the tier of the Honey Badger's white skin?

So shouldn't we put "Fragrance Manipulation (has a gland that drops a stink bomb, causing many predators to get deterred or not use their full strength)" in it's abilities? What is your opinion on the tier of the Honey Badger's white skin?
The Fragrance Manipulation makes sense, but there shouldn't be any tier change on the behalf of the skin, at most you could argue for a limited resistance to piercing attacks.

Whoa whoa whoa, never said I did feel like it, I feel like dying right now lol, two busy shifts at a haunted house does that to you!

Back