• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chimpanzee vs Cheetah REMATCH

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Okay, so uhh... Here's the deal. The Cheetah won due to a whole buncha nonsense about size and such in this thread: https://vsbattles.com/threads/grace-chimp-vs-cheetah.146374/

Thing is, the real world proved once again that, NO, that's not how that works. According to this paper, a chimpanzee has killed a freaking LEOPARD by snapping its neck with its jaw: https://novapublishers.com/wp-conte...YlWCdqHkhrrTOoQm2k3-cvhjWJI928JySbbm3sJa2mjFU

Bear in mind, a leopard has the same average weight figures as a cheetah, but they're typically stronger than cheetahs by a long shot, being able to drag prey of up to 125 kg up a tree and being able to take down prey up to 900 kg. Cheetahs get killed by leopards and lions, and it's amazing how often cheetahs get bodied. If a chimpanzee can kill a leopard, which can kill cheetahs, what does that have to say about the chimpanzee?

This isn't mentioning that since the creation of the thread, the chimpanzee more or less got buffed while the cheetah more or less got nerfed based on their profiles on the wiki alone.

The conditions for this match will be the same as the last thread: SBA and the chimpanzee weighs the same as the Cheetah (they have equal average weights anyway)

Here are their profiles:

Chimpanzee's Profile
Cheetah's Profile

Who takes this?

Murder Ape: 0
Frail Cat: 0
Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
Thing is, the real world proved once again that, NO, that's not how that works. According to this paper, a chimpanzee has killed a freaking LEOPARD by snapping its neck with its jaw: https://novapublishers.com/wp-conte...YlWCdqHkhrrTOoQm2k3-cvhjWJI928JySbbm3sJa2mjFU
Nothing says the chimpanzee did it alone. They're pack animals. They sometimes travel alone but I don't think that should be the default assumption. In fact the document refers to chimpanzees hunting leopards in packs multiple times. It also mentions leopards preying on chimpanzees rarely, and leopards are solitary so I would definitely say that a leopard on average definitely beats a chimpanzee.
The conditions for this match will be the same as the last thread: SBA, chimpanzee weighs the same as the Cheetah (they have equal average weights anyway), and the chimp has the first grapple.
???? Insane starting conditions lmao, might as well put the chimp in plate armor and blindfold the cheetah lmao.

Yeah fair but like, I just don't think that's allowed. It's like if I made "Wolverine vs Spider-Man but Spider-Man is tied up with unbreakable Uru chains and is currently having a massive headache preventing him from using his Spider-Sense effectively"

Nothing says the chimpanzee did it alone. They're pack animals. They sometimes travel alone but I don't think that should be the default assumption. In fact the document refers to chimpanzees hunting leopards in packs multiple times. It also mentions leopards preying on chimpanzees rarely, and leopards are solitary so I would definitely say that a leopard on average definitely beats a chimpanzee.

???? Insane starting conditions lmao, might as well put the chimp in plate armor and blindfold the cheetah lmao.
Well they're the exact same conditions as last time and the cheetah won.

Yeah fair but like, I just don't think that's allowed. It's like if I made "Wolverine vs Spider-Man but Spider-Man is tied up with unbreakable Uru chains and is currently having a massive headache preventing him from using his Spider-Sense effectively"
Yeah, fair. I can see your logic with intentional stomp conditions like what I got here. Kinda makes me wonder how the cheetah won last time if it started off hanging on to dear trying to escape a murder ape.

Yeah, fair. I can see your logic with intentional stomp conditions like what I got here. Kinda makes me wonder how the cheetah won last time if it started off hanging on to dear trying to escape a murder ape.
To be fair, I was fairly ignorant at the time, but @Lonkitt gave me a head up on the fact that thread starters aren't allowed to do that. My bad.

The thread I made is unfair and not really allowed even acknowledging the difference between being chained up and landing the first hit/grapple on the opponent. I was planning to redo the thread, but eh, here we are.

According to this paper, a chimpanzee has killed a freaking LEOPARD by snapping its neck with its jaw
Well, I can always redo stuff in my thread and remove the stomp I unintentionally brought to the thread.

I see some heart in your motives here. Cheetahs are light, and virtually, Chimps are savage. The Chimp's just going to bite through the Cheetah's neck and it's over. Am I correct?

The Chimp technically has a higher durablity and strength per site standards, so we shouldn't worry about the chimp having to deal with a stronger and more durable opponent, but to make stuff fair, can we remove the "Chimp gets first grapple" part? I don't want to end up like Pizzabox, angering even more staff and members by ignorance.

The monke is savage anyways. And plus, that could allow the Cheetah to get agile. They can perform backflips. They're remarked to be very agile; their accelerations can increase their speed by 6.7 mph in a stride & can move around tight turns at an average speed of 31 mph (50 km/h). Their muscle power output during their accelerations is the highest of any land animal, & 4 times greater than Usain Bolt’s muscles.

To be fair, I was fairly ignorant at the time, but @Lonkitt gave me a head up on the fact that thread starters aren't allowed to do that. My bad.

The thread I made is unfair and not really allowed even acknowledging the difference between being chained up and landing the first hit/grapple on the opponent. I was planning to redo the thread, but eh, here we are.

Well, I can always redo stuff in my thread and remove the stomp I unintentionally brought to the thread.
You know a thread is suspicious when even the original creator is aware of how screwy the terms are. But yeah, I'll remove that part. Even ArmorChompy brought up how ridiculous of a stomp it is.

Back