• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here my suggestions:
That's all. 🤍
I finished things up to the croc with the acception of the things that need calcs.

Quick question, @DarlingAurora. our cat boi here regularly solos water buffalos & gaurs because of it's usual tactic of biting the neck. They're stealth masters too. with these sources on the buffalo, gaur & grizzly, a grizzly is outweighed by the former & latter.

I have no doubts on the evidence from your end, but what is the russian source referring to when it said bear? Cattle are in weight range of the tiger's big prey & tigers can smash cattle skulls.

The aforementioned animals are usually stronger & are 9-B, it's even stated that the aforementioned buffalo & gaur's body could be fatal to the Tiger & that no other animal usually solos animals that large than itself. So is the Grizzly Bear downgrade still valid? I want your input.

Also for everyone here, I've had my beluga whale sandbox for a while & there's this Alaskan native account of belugas using their KE to rock boats. Belugas usually try to flee so do we count this feat as valid?

Well, I'm pretty sure that it can be reffered to Sloth Bears too, there exists many encounters with the Tigers and these animals through, I'm not sure.

The aforementioned animals are usually stronger & are 9-B, it's even stated that the aforementioned buffalo & gaur's body could be fatal to the Tiger & that no other animal usually solos animals that large than itself. So is the Grizzly Bear downgrade still valid? I want your input.
The buffalo & gaur body can be fatal since they use their horns to attack too, but eurasian brown bears only weighs 190 Kg (for reference, Sloth Bears weighs 102 Kg), but the largest brown bears can weigh as much as 600 Kg, so I'm pretty sure that the downgrade is still valid-
Also, while poison is a factor from Komodo dragons, their usual tactics from other sources doesn't mention poison in those specific section. & it's stated that Water Buffalos dying of sepsis is from the infectious waters they haven't adapted to.
Well, they still bite, which causes the poison effect against their prey. The original video says that the Komodo Dragon poisoned the Water Buffalo, not sure through.

Last edited:
Also, Wild Boars are probably between 9-C to 9-C+..

Boars much smaller than the Ussuri ones can kill young leopards, large ones can easily kill leopards and are a hard prey for tigers & leopards.
But yeah, some of these were various but still are a hard enemy for leopards, so 9-C is pretty fine for them.

Now, Indian Boars are these that attack leopard, weighs:
While Ussuri ones weighs:
This is heavy as hell, so I think that 9-C+ for Ussuri Boars and 9-C for smallers are pretty much fine.

Last edited:
Gigantopithecus: Any source for the statement that they can kill tigers and leopards and hence their 9-B rating? I'm not the most knowledgeable on this era of prehistoric animals but most people on online debate forums seem to think modern bears and big cats can defeat this giant ape.
I agree with all of this.

There nothing that supports the "killing prehistoric tigers" of Gigantophitecus, and even with that it isn't be 9-B.
Also, the weigh of the Gigantophitecus was debunked to just 200-300 Kg, so 9-C+ is better than just 9-B, and.. just hit the downgrade in it.
Haast's eagle: I have doubts on it being 9-C given how it's not very heavy and its claws play an important role in its hunting.
Well, for this we can just downgrade it to 10-B, right? Even if they are so small, they are three times the weight of Golden Eagle (10-C+) and preyed on 230 Kg Moas, but only killed it due to blood loss.
Moa: 9-B kinetic energy but definitely not 9-B physical durability. Any ideas on it?
Yeah, just downgrade it to 9-C, just for being much bigger than Ostriches.

Sorry for being a day past the deadline, but it took wwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy more than an hour to complete the edits. For the edits/profile suggestions that relied to much on calcs I skipped since their calcs weren't evaluated.

Here's the list of profiles I've edited:

I'll be bumping my own calcs in a couple of days at least, have your calcs been evaluated by calc group members @DarlingAurora?

Sorry for being a day past the deadline, but it took wwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy more than an hour to complete the edits. For the edits/profile suggestions that relied to much on calcs I skipped since their calcs weren't evaluated.

Here's the list of profiles I've edited:

I'll be bumping my own calcs in a couple of days at least, have your calcs been evaluated by calc group members @DarlingAurora?
Also, a little fix but Jaguars are larger than Cougars by a bit too

Done:
Moving on to my calcs though.

Well, I'm pretty sure that it can be reffered to Sloth Bears too, there exists many encounters with the Tigers and these animals through, I'm not sure.

The buffalo & gaur body can be fatal since they use their horns to attack too, but eurasian brown bears only weighs 190 Kg (for reference, Sloth Bears weighs 102 Kg), but the largest brown bears can weigh as much as 600 Kg, so I'm pretty sure that the downgrade is still valid-

Well, they still bite, which causes the poison effect against their prey. The original video says that the Komodo Dragon poisoned the Water Buffalo, not sure through.
In this link, it says the dirty water is a factor. The reason why the description says that is by ordinary human perception & prior knowledge.

The effects of a Komodo bite are disputed between sepsis & venom as this segment claims, so I think we could keep that part of the Komodo Dragon profile unchanged but leave a note there about the dispute.
I'm still waiting :(
Cheer Up!

Also, do we have to put a note on the Spotted Hyena profile about it being a scavenger & having a prey weight limit, like this?:
'''Note:''' While it's feats are impressive, it's important to note that the Spotted Hyena usually takes on smaller prey like Antelopes, [[Zebra|Zebras]] [[Cattle]] & [[Goat|goats]]. There's also the fact in some places in Africa, they're scavengers.<ref name="a17">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotted_hyena#Behaviour ([https://ghostarchive.org/archive/hUz7d Ar])</ref>

Also, do we add this note into the iguana profile?:
'''Note:''' While the airgun is an impressive durability feat, small animals in real life have survived piercing damage from powerful weapons like [[Bow (Real World)|bows & arrows]].<ref name="a2">https://abc3340.com/news/local/pet-rabbit-survives-being-shot-with-arrow-in-alabama ([https://web.archive.org/web/2022101...bit-survives-being-shot-with-arrow-in-alabama Ar])</ref> [https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Real_World?so=search#:~:text=Note: Unlike,sheer raw power. Realistically], 10-C+ blunt force damage or higher on small animals like the iguana or rabbit would severely injure or kill the animal.
Btw, I forgot the Grizzly, but I'll do it tomorrow or in a week if I have the time.

I finished things up to the croc with the acception of the things that need calcs.

Quick question, @DarlingAurora. our cat boi here regularly solos water buffalos & gaurs because of it's usual tactic of biting the neck. They're stealth masters too. with these sources on the buffalo, gaur & grizzly, a grizzly is outweighed by the former & latter.

I have no doubts on the evidence from your end, but what is the russian source referring to when it said bear? Cattle are in weight range of the tiger's big prey & tigers can smash cattle skulls.

Also for everyone here, I've had my beluga whale sandbox for a while & there's this Alaskan native account of belugas using their KE to rock boats. Belugas usually try to flee so do we count this feat as valid?
^^^

In this link, it says the dirty water is a factor. The reason why the description says that is by ordinary human perception & prior knowledge.

The effects of a Komodo bite are disputed between sepsis & venom as this segment claims, so I think we could keep that part of the Komodo Dragon profile unchanged but leave a note there about the dispute.

Cheer Up!

Also, do we have to put a note on the Spotted Hyena profile about it being a scavenger & having a prey weight limit, like this?:
'''Note:''' While it's feats are impressive, it's important to note that the Spotted Hyena usually takes on smaller prey like Antelopes, [[Zebra|Zebras]] [[Cattle]] & [[Goat|goats]]. There's also the fact in some places in Africa, they're scavengers.<ref name="a17">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spotted_hyena#Behaviour ([https://ghostarchive.org/archive/hUz7d Ar])</ref>

Also, do we add this note into the iguana profile?:
'''Note:''' While the airgun is an impressive durability feat, small animals in real life have survived piercing damage from powerful weapons like [[Bow (Real World)|bows & arrows]].<ref name="a2">https://abc3340.com/news/local/pet-rabbit-survives-being-shot-with-arrow-in-alabama ([https://web.archive.org/web/2022101...bit-survives-being-shot-with-arrow-in-alabama Ar])</ref> [https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Real_World?so=search#:~:text=Note: Unlike,sheer raw power. Realistically], 10-C+ blunt force damage or higher on small animals like the iguana or rabbit would severely injure or kill the animal.
Btw, I forgot the Grizzly, but I'll do it tomorrow or in a week if I have the time.
Yeeh, all of these looks cool.

For the Komodo Dragon, it's 'kay but they are too small and are also weaker than Cuban Crocs so 9-C fits better.

Last edited:
I see...Thank you.
no problem
1440-zerosalute.png

Well, aren't Aardvark 10-A for being larger than Giant Anteaters? Also as their profile says, they can damage Hyenas. Simply reasons but strong ones.

And finally, I'm pretty sure that Domestic Pigs need to be updated to 10-A+.
If we look at weighs, Pigs are MUCH heavy than Wild Boars, and yeah.. I already know that Boars are more agressive and that, but only due to that I really doubt that pigs are like.. one-down tier due to just that.. so just I suggest the tier change due to their weight & size, nothing more than that. Also, Feral Pigs exists..

Last edited:

And for Sloth Bears, female ones can be easily damaged or even killed by Leopards. Also, in their profile says that females can damage Tigers, but it was only a young one due to their small size and female sloth bears only weighs 55-95 Kg (75 Kg on average), which is pretty small. Through, sloth bears have sharpest claws than black bears, that's why they can easily damage Tigers.

Conclusion
  • Jaguar: Street level to "Street level to Street level+"
  • Sloth Bear: Street level+ to "Street level to Street level+"
That's all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back