• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the Alligator Snapping Turtle I don't think that they can be Athletic level in durability, since the normal snapping turtles are overpowered and killed by a River Otter, who is Average Human level. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the AST are stronger than the common ST, but they aren't that much durable so probably their durability is just Below Average Human level+ since some of these are big too (up to 80.8 cm). For they carcaas is fine the Athletic Human level since some turtles can withstand the pressure of a Alligator bite up to 15 minutes, one can argue that this is even higher too. And for their bite I did a calc here too, but I'm going to wait before to talk about this.

EDIT: It yields Below Average Human level+ too.

The Cassowary Street level doesn't make sense too, because we only scale they rating with their Kinetic Energy. We can scale they to just Below Average Human level+ because they defend against dingoes, domestic dogs and can overpower humans through the species only killed a 16 year-old boy with two kicks (one on the neck) and a 75 years old man, so I don't think that they are Average Human level.
Nvm, I find some things..

I'm thinking that the Cassowary is more like Athletic Human level, they are heavy and bigger and can easily damage humans and dogs too.

Last edited:
Well, what are the opinions in Cassowary tiering?

I think that they can be Athlete level too, through idk.

Also as I say before, I think that the Ostrich fits more for Athlete level than Street level, I don't find many justifications for they that can be Street level..

In the Moa profile, the only justification for their rating is the Kinetic Energy.. so I don't think that these are valid reasons..

So... Do we measure large animals attack potency now by how they attack as if how a normal human throws one punch or stomp with one leg or a bite?

So one reasonable thing to do is to determine how each animal attack and use the appropriate stomping or biting or tackling KE right?

Or you have already move past that point? Sorry but please update out status, thanks

So... Do we measure large animals attack potency now by how they attack as if how a normal human throws one punch or stomp with one leg or a bite?

So one reasonable thing to do is to determine how each animal attack and use the appropriate stomping or biting or tackling KE right?

Or you have already move past that point? Sorry but please update out status, thanks
I mean, if you ask me, common sense prevails & how the animal usually attacks are the tier defining things.

Very thanks.

Questions:
1. Do you have their jaw movement distance so that we can have their attack potency measured in joules instead of newtons? (Still very useful When it comes to piercing prowess)
2. Since they are bite forces, should such be regarded as striking strength and not lifting strength?

Very thanks.

Questions:
1. Do you have their jaw movement distance so that we can have their attack potency measured in joules instead of newtons? (Still very useful When it comes to piercing prowess)
Well, I made the references to calc some of the energy via the displacement.
But I can use the jaw movement distance?, I thought that it was just the displacement when an animal bites through something
2. Since they are bite forces, should such be regarded as striking strength and not lifting strength?
Yeah.

Since bite force is discussed again, it was brought up earlier that it would probably be more scientifically accurate to say that the animals "can harm stronger opponents via piercing damage/pressure" rather than "higher due to piercing damage". Although it'll take time to implement that on all their profiles.

In rare scenarios where the AP of the animal from the bite force is stronger than their other attacks it can probably be listed as an AP rating.

Since bite force is discussed again, it was brought up earlier that it would probably be more scientifically accurate to say that the animals "can harm stronger opponents via piercing damage/pressure" rather than "higher due to piercing damage". Although it'll take time to implement that on all their profiles.

In rare scenarios where the AP of the animal from the bite force is stronger than their other attacks it can probably be listed as an AP rating.
I think that seems like good ideas.

Thank you to Shizuka and others here for helping out.

I remember...

"Bears his size can break trees and flip over boulders weighing more than 350 pounds." - for ordinary brown bears and black bears.

Since we also have tree cutting AP yield as a common feat, we have lifting strength and attack potency for bears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back