• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... my research on human durability feats & antifeats, along with many other acts has led me to these valuable sources that I deem notable & deserving to go into a CRT:

There's actually many cases of domestic pigs severely attacking or even killing other humans.

"...a 49-year-old male found dead in his farm's pigsty, where a sow and her piglets were present. At the postmortem examination, numerous, severe blunt force injuries were observed...where massive injuries involving soft tissues, bones, and regional vessels, tendons, and nerves were present. The death resulted from severe bleeding from massive upper extremities injuries due to a domestic pig attack. Domestic pigs are usually placid but they can become aggressive if disturbed and attack humans producing severe injuries due to trampling, kicking and biting." It's been said that they can cause severe injuries via tramples, kicks & bites on humans.

In 2006, a 650 lb pig pinned a welsh farmer to a tractor & bit him until the pig was scared off by a hose. One case involved a pig knocking woman over & mauling her. A sow managed to knock a farmer off his feet, enabling the other piggies to bite him.

There's plenty of piercing damage feats for domestic pigs, they can usually bite & gore with their tusks if they're male. Boars with sharp tusks are the more dangerous animal, being able to pierce the muscles & possibly even damaging the nerves & blood vessels. Sows can bite away skin & subcutaneous tissue. The most common injury site is the posterior aspect of the thigh due to the height of pigs & being unseen from behind & no, it's not because it's juicy. That would be weird. Farmers have noted pigs's immense strength being able to inflict serious injuries. One source claims that domestics & potbellies have been known to reach 200-300 psi (Archived)

In general, domestic pigs are usually calm, indifferent, & playful towards their owners. They can be aggressive if provoked.

Last edited:
Well the thing is real life physics don't work exactly the same as our simplified physics so we can't just like power scale then above humans or calculate using our fragmentation values.

Regardless though the paw swipe feats would be very useful since I did propose to separate physical attacks like paw swipes from biting/scratching and KE ages ago but never got to it, I suppose I'll try to get to the real world asap (lmao this sounds silly) when I wrap up a couple other CRTs I'm in right now.

Well the thing is real life physics don't work exactly the same as our simplified physics so we can't just like power scale then above humans or calculate using our fragmentation values.

Regardless though the paw swipe feats would be very useful since I did propose to separate physical attacks like paw swipes from biting/scratching and KE ages ago but never got to it, I suppose I'll try to get to the real world asap (lmao this sounds silly) when I wrap up a couple other CRTs I'm in right now.
The even worse part is that any of those videos we give the animals justification for just ******* poof into nonexistence effectively.

Thank you for helping out. It is very appreciated.

@Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

It is unfortunately likely largely up to you to get anything constructive done here.
Shoot

I haven't found any reliable evidence on grizzly bear decapitating Mooses, but I did find info on Moose anatomy & their pictures. I tried pushing the custom date range to 1980-2004 but there's still no luck. I'm starting to doubt "Dr. Jacob Macdonaldson's" own real life existence, as the earliest sources I could find in this copypasta is here (Archived) & here (Archived). Although I did find the origin of Jacob (Archived) & Macdonaldson (Archived). I also found a video on a complication on Grizzly Bears wrestling & paw swiping each other. That could be useful for calculations & evidence/feats. A researcher has found out that grizzly bears are 2.5-5 humans in strength, although has been stated to be a lot higher when enraged (Archived).
I found a link (Archived) on the issue of a Tiger vs a lion, saying that Lions would survive longer in a Tiger habitat. One states that the historical record implies that Tigers usually win against Lions, although not everytime due to many factors (Archived).

Alright so with a little bit of time I managed to dig up all the old threads in which I discussed this issue

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Antoniofer?threadId=4400000000001347845

The accepted template is ""X via regular attacks, Y via charging/ramming at full speed, and higher via piercing damage". For fish and stuff I guess it'll be a little more complicated, but that's the general template.

Most strong animals are likely to be 9-C for being significantly stronger than humans. Elephants might have an argument for staying at 9-B given the array of impressive feats on its profile, but I think it's reasonable to say that most large animals aren't really strong enough to smash a wall with their regular strikes.

KE will be listed as a separate statistic, while no tier will be given for bite force because it is impossible to translate pressure into something that makes sense scientifically on our system/ However, their bite force in pressure should be listed on the profile if available for informative purposes.

Durability is a little bit complicated as Antoniofer said in my discussion with him, because our durability system really isn't that suitable for real life. They are as strong as the material they are made out of, and unless the animal is capable of slamming full speed into an immovable wall and taking no damage at all (you can try yourself if you want to go to the hospital), there's no reason for their durability to scale to their full KE. At most maybe some animals that regularly ram into each other or things at full speed such as elephants or sharks might have an argument. Their durability should probably scale to their regular attacks as most animals fight each other in the wild.

So, the "piercing damage" part has already been applied to our profiles. The only thing left to do is to separate their regular attacks from KE, which is actually not that hard to apply compared to what I imagined, as common sense will say that most large animals are 9-C while weaker ones are Tier 10. I can't really think of any non-extinct animal other than maybe the elephant that would actually be wall busters.

The actual real life feats H3110l12345I20 found would provide nice supporting evidence to the ratings, although I don't think we can really calculate them like we do fictional feats since many things in our system is not really 100% scientifically accurate. Ideally we would find numbers on how strong animals punch, such as tigers casually striking at 1400 pounds.

I'll probably make a new sandbox asap that is more simplified and list out the proposed ratings. Most of them will be 9-C so this isn't as tedious as I initially imagined.

Should giraffes just be straight-up 9-B too? Their kicks are 2000 pounds per square inch and they have decapitated lions
Depends on the surface area & distance. Hmmm... I thought about it more, & it leans towards probably.
Giraffes can kill (Archived), or decapitate Lions (Archived). It's been stated that a kick from a Giraffe can break a Lion's back (Archived). Has been stated that a giraffe's kick can kill someone (Archived). I'm not sure about the quantification part since A, what you said about quantifying IRL feats, & B, the Giraffe's feats have shown that they can easily injure & possibly kill a human. They're 9-C to 9-B or having equal/superior force to what it would take to break a human spine or decapitate a human head based off of this. I can't imagine a full Giraffe kick to the human head, or spine & my meh assumptions above are based off that Lions & Giraffes are heavier, & longer than humans. So the part on the spine & decapitation on humans is likely mute.

Last edited:
The giraffe hoof is 31 cm x 23 cm and with 2000 psi that's 772 224.680002 Newtons
Damn, that surpasses the forces required to rip a head off & break a spine/neck of a human.
We do know how tall Giraffes are (An adult giraffe ranges between 16 and 20 feet in height... (Archived)), & the equation of N*m=J. A calculation blog seems do able as long as we know how the Giraffe kicks. Make sure you source where your info comes from although you probably knew that by now!

THE ****? They can do that?
Seems hard to believe feat wise, akin to bears decapitating mooses. Giraffes's hooves have a small surface area & lions have big necks. The Giraffes' kick can break Lion necks & spines, but the neck decap would require immense force to do that.

But then again, they can easily send people flying with their necks & charges. I wouldn't be too surprised if there was actual evidence of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back