• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surviving a bite is sort of a healing feat as the teeth do indeed pierce their skin after all. Unless we're talking about the strength of their bones.

The problem is piercing damage currently is just listed without a rating, which is kinda unfair to animals who have stronger bites than punches which is why I propose listing the rating out for these animals.

Surviving a bite is sort of a healing feat as the teeth do indeed pierce their skin after all.
In the case of Hyenas?, I disagree.

The Hyenas are one of the toughest animals as I say, they can survive various attacks from others large animals.
The problem is piercing damage currently is just listed without a rating, which is kinda unfair to animals who have stronger bites than punches which is why I propose listing the rating out for these animals.
Yeah, but in the case of the Hyenas, is their only way to defend themselves, since they have non-rectable claws.

I'm going to pass some feats of the Spotted Hyena and their size.

Dimensions

• The spotted hyena is the largest extant member of the Hyaenidae. Adults measure 95–165.8 cm (37–65 in) in body length, and have a shoulder height of 70–91.5 cm (28–36 in). Adult male spotted hyenas in the Serengeti weigh 40.5–55.0 kg (89–121 lb), while females weigh 44.5–63.9 kg (98–141 lb). Spotted hyenas in Zambia tend to be heavier, with males weighing on average 67.6 kg (149 lb), and females 69.2 kg (153 lb). Exceptionally large weights of 81.7 kg (180 lb) and 90 kg (198 lb) are known. It has been estimated that adult members of the now extinct Eurasian populations weighed 102 kg (225 lb).

Impressive Survival Feats

Impressive Predationor Fighting Feats
Hyena-Leopard Conflicts Feats
Conclusion
I feel like the Spotted Hyena has some impressive feats compared to other 10-A Animals (like cheetahs and wolfs), and they are one of the toughest enemies of leopards, and these two can kill each other. And even counting that, the Female Hyena is much bigger than the Young Adult Male Hyena that fatally wounded the Young Adult Male Leopard one. so I think that they tier needs to be like this:

Last edited:
In the case of Hyenas?, I disagree.

The Hyenas are one of the toughest animals as I say, they can survive various attacks from others large animals.

Yeah, but in the case of the Hyenas, is their only way to defend themselves, since they have non-rectable claws.

I'm going to pass some feats of the Spotted Hyena and their size.

Dimensions

• The spotted hyena is the largest extant member of the Hyaenidae. Adults measure 95–165.8 cm (37–65 in) in body length, and have a shoulder height of 70–91.5 cm (28–36 in). Adult male spotted hyenas in the Serengeti weigh 40.5–55.0 kg (89–121 lb), while females weigh 44.5–63.9 kg (98–141 lb). Spotted hyenas in Zambia tend to be heavier, with males weighing on average 67.6 kg (149 lb), and females 69.2 kg (153 lb). Exceptionally large weights of 81.7 kg (180 lb) and 90 kg (198 lb) are known. It has been estimated that adult members of the now extinct Eurasian populations weighed 102 kg (225 lb).

Impressive Survival Feats

Impressive Predationor Fighting Feats
Hyena-Leopard Conflicts Feats
Conclusion
I feel like the Spotted Hyena has some impressive feats compared to other 10-A Animals (like cheetahs and wolfs), and they are one of the toughest enemies of leopards, and these two can kill each other. And even counting that, the Female Hyena is much bigger than the Young Adult Male Hyena that fatally wounded the Young Adult Male Leopard one. so I think that they tier needs to be like this:
Where does the 10-A+ come from?

Where does the 10-A+ come from?
Well, male spotted hyenas are much smaller than females one due to sexual size dimorphism, so they have less bite force, less weight advantage against leopards and etc. There also exists many cases where leopards killed male hyenas, but the female hyenas are much larger/stronger than that, so I'm fine with females one being solid 9-C.

Also, I have some doubt with the 9-B of the American Alligator too.
  • They can kill humans, dogs, deer and wild boar, they have also been seen able to prey on Burmese Python and even American Black Bears, they’re capable of damaging canoes and kayaks
They prey these in ambushes I think, but even counting that, the American Alligator only weighs like 160 Kg in average and 560 Kg at max, which is pretty small for a "large" crocodrile. Also, apparently even Florida Panthers easily scrashes and hunts on 2.7 meters american alligators (which is like the weight of a female adult, but still impressive) so I have doubt about their 9-B rating, 9-C+ fits better in these cases due to their lightweight and weak bite force compared to others large crocs like nile or saltwater ones.

So something like this: 9-C (females) to 9-C+ (males)
On that same blog, I wrote:
"Can swallow prey up to the size of a goat & kill wild boar, pigs, horses, goats, deer, & water buffalo."
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...r, pigs, horses, goats, deer, & water buffalo.

Along with their standard tactics. They seem to use their septic bite effectively, their tails can knock down prey bigger than itself.

On that same blog, I wrote:
"Can swallow prey up to the size of a goat & kill wild boar, pigs, horses, goats, deer, & water buffalo."
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:H3110l12345I20/Komodo_Dragon_(H3110l12345I20)#:~:text=Can swallow prey up to the size of a goat & kill wild boar, pigs, horses, goats, deer, & water buffalo.

Along with their standard tactics. They seem to use their septic bite effectively, their tails can knock down prey bigger than itself.
Sure, but they still use more of their venom to attack water buffalos in their leg with the venom, so compared to the Cuban Crocodriles they aren't that impressive through, so I still suggest that just Street level is a better rating for them.

Doubts with Orangutan Rating
Orangutan are weak af.
main-qimg-ff11c560afe496964a32c3773c17a762-lq

They are much smaller than Eastern Gorillas, and they weigh much lesser.
Also, this source says this:
In reality, they can be as slow as five times stronger or high as seven times stronger. Also, I don't think that they are in the realm of powerful predators like leopards or much bigger apes like Gorillas (even western ones doubles the weight of the Orangutan), but they are bigger than Chimps too (the monke that are like 40-60 Kg), but not by that much through.

Idk why, but I think that the 10-A+ fits perfectly for this species, in the middle between chimps and gorillas.
Dire Wolf Rating
This is simple. I'm thinking to change the rating of the Dire Wolf.
  • At least Athlete level (On average, they were as big as the largest modern day Gray Wolves), possibly Wall level physically (Hunted the same prey as the Smilodon and likely clashed with the cat. Its kinetic energy should be in this range). Higher via piercing damage (The bite force of a Dire Wolf is estimated to be 30 percent higher than a Gray Wolf’s, meaning that they likely had a bite force of 1,333 psi, maybe even up to 5,000 psi for larger individuals)
Well.. "likely clashed with the cat", it's just a possibility and the wolf would've completed mauled by the Smilodon due to their size & bite difference. They probably fighted the feline in groups. Through, I can suggest 9-C for them due to their size difference with the Gray Wolf. Also, here I did a Street level calc for them.

Here is a question:

Why Wolves falling from 3 meters is not considered to be part of the profile? I recall the Gray Wolf profile mentioning one survived being crushed by a car. Which could easily be Street level Durability.
I don't think that they are Street level in durability, wolves literally dies from a bite of cougar, also they probably survive three meters fall due to surface area / drag resistance.

Also, you have that Wolf tanking car hit feat?

I think we should set some standards on what's usable for the AP and durability of real life profiles. Maybe a note on official pages and verse pages looking something like this (just a rough draft). Might be a little bit too vague, but this is the approximate idea.

Due to the fact that our Tier List systems are an oversimplification of real life physics, not all calculations for Real World profiles should be used for their ratings.

Attack Potency: The Attack Potency of a Real World animal should be the work done in a single typical physical attack of the animal, such as a paw swipe or a headbutt. The type of attack used should be decided on a case-by-case basis depending on the characteristics of the animal. The kinetic energy of an animal should be listed separately if it is not a common form of attack. Piercing damage such as bites and scratches are also listed separately from the animal's Attack Potency as their potency comes from their small surface area, which our Tier List system does not consider.

Durability: The Durability of a Real World animal should be the Attack Potency of an attack they can withstand over the area of a typical attack of the species. For most animals, the Durability should be listed as equal to their typical physical attack, unless they are Glass Cannons or Stone Walls. Calculations of the force they withstood over a surface area far greater than the area of a typical attack such as surviving high falls or running at full speed should not be used as area is not taken into consideration in our Durability system.
Since a lot of people are sort of questioning the low ratings for some of the big animals, be reminded that these are my proposed standards for rating real life animals, it's not as simple as just scaling or calculating the AP feats like we do fictional characters, or else I'll be 9-C for jumping one metre and running at 5 m/s.

Well, here my suggestions:
That's all. 🤍

Last edited:
That's all. 🤍
Now looking at it again, you missed the Epicyon, that scales from Dire Wolf...

Dimensions

• Epicyon ("more than a dog") is a large, extinct, canid genus of the subfamily Borophaginae ("bone-crushing dogs"), native to North America. Epicyon existed for about 15 million years from the Hemingfordian age of the Early Miocene, to the Hemphillian of the Late Miocene.[2] Epicyon is the largest known canid of all time, with the type species reaching 2.4 m (7.9 ft) in length, 90 cm (35 in) in shoulder height and approximately 100–125 kg (220–276 lb) in body mass. The largest known humerus specimen belonged to an individual weighing up to 170 kg (370 lb).

Some Descriptions
  • Epicyon had a massive head and powerful jaws that were well adapted for bone-crushing
  • They have enlarged fourth premolars like some hyenas, giving its skull a lion-like shape rather than having a skull similar in shape to that of a wolf
Hunting Feats
Through there not exist many information of the Epicyon, in their profile says this:
Aepycamelus weighs as much as 1000 Kg, while the others don't surprass the 150 Kg range..

Conclusion
I'm think that they can be 9-C+, but there exists many of misinformation about the Epicyon, there don't exist too much studies about they, so I'm thinking that for now, they can be just "At least 9-C", being stronger than Dire Wolf, and due to their massive weight (hell, they weigh even more as the Lioness).. through, canines are much more weaker than felines, so I'm suggesting someting like that:
  • At least Street level (On average, they were bigger than the largest Dire Wolves, up to 125 Kg. Hunted animals such as the camel Aepycamelus, the pronghorn Cosoryx, horses such as Neohipparion and Nannippus, the peccary Prosthennops, and the rhinoceroses such as Teleoceras), Wall level kinetic energy (The largest ones could have a charge worth 16,647.07 joules), higher via piercing damage (Epicyon had a massive head and powerful jaws that were well adapted for bone-crushing and they have enlarged fourth premolars like some hyenas, giving its skull a lion-like shape rather than having a skull similar in shape to that of a wolf)

That's all. 🤍
Updated.

African Wild Dog vs Wolf (wolf won): Wolves are larger than African Wild Dogs, however the strength gap is small enough for it not to be a stomp. African Wild Dogs are indeed capable of taking down prey far larger than itself, but a wolf is a carnivore capable of defending itself as well. I'm not sure how the wild dog will be able to compete with the wolf though since they seem to be similar animals but the latter has all the advantages. Not a stomp, but I'm not sure if this is a fair fight.
I'm pretty sure that it isn't fair, since African Wild Dogs are much but much weaker than Wolfs, they are much smaller than wolfs and don't have the enough bite force to at least damage them, even a female wolf would destroy the AWD.. also, they hunt prey bigger than themselves in groups only, they aren't strength enough to match a lone wolf..

Human vs Gray Wolf Size Comparison
5f15c80ba7d51483a4d70de8_Dimensions-Animals-Canini-Gray-Wolf-Size-Comparison.svg

Human vs AWD Size Comparison

36e897c37bee871dc2f1402ef6e74e4c.jpg

Leopard vs Jaguar (jaguar won): Shouldn't be a stomp, but jaguars are pretty clearly stronger.
I'm pretty sure that a Jaguar would ragdoll-bite a Leopard.. I didn't see a Leopard capable of kill a caiman or crocodrile, while the caiman are a common prey of the Jaguar, even larger ones.. even counting that, the Leopard weighs 30-80 Kg (55 Kg in average), while the Jaguar weighs 56-140 Kg (Almost 100 Kgexactly 98 Kg in average), which is almost the double of the mass of the Leopard.. so I'm pretty sure that this is a stomp, the Leopard can't fight a feline with the double of their size, when also lioness easily dominates them, and they weighs as much like the Jaguar, or slightly more depending of the sub-species.
White Rhinoceras vs American Bison (rhino won): Rhino is larger and has a sharp horn. Might not be a stomp, but I'm not sure how the bison would even harm the rhino? A smaller rhino would probably be a fairer fight with the bison.
I disagree, this is stomp and a fairer match would've with a smaller rhino as you say, the Rhino size & weight advantage is too much.
Komodo Dragon vs Wolf (wolf won): I think this one is fine to keep. The thread acknowledged the dragon's superior strength, but wolves can win this fight through their superior skill/speed and can kill the dragon by a quick bite to the neck. The dragon's wincons would probably be to land a heavy hit with its tail or bite it with venom.
Also disagree. The Komodo Dragon weighs as much as the largest wolf sub-species, they can one-bite the Wolf and break their bone and can also poison them with the venom.. also, the Wolfs don't have that much experience in killing crocs or lizard, so I'm pretty sure that a Komodo Dragon would easily kill them, also due to their strength with the tail and others things, I see this as a stomp, unless is a Dire Wolf were this could've a little debatable.. (I still favor the Komodo Dragon through)
Bull vs Draft Horse (bull won): As said in the thread, a good ram by the bull will probably kill the horse as they can kill tigers and bears. Horse has a bit better manoeuvrability and can harm the bull with its kicks, so I guess it's not a stomp.
Well.. Draft Horses have strong kicks, yeah.. but only a hit from a ramming Bull would break all the Horse bones, also they have the weight advantage, the size and I doubt how the horse would've capable of kicking the bull since the bulls used their KE to attack, so I'm guessing that this is a completely stomp..
Yeah, no..
bear-size-comparison_1c2ff0ca-3ab9-4dc0-9e8e-a7b7c0cd58c7.jpg

I think that this is a stomp, a fairer mashup would've with the Kodiak one..

I agree with the rest, btw.

Last edited:
I'm skeptical of "at least" rating in real life profiles considering tiers themselves have ranges and supposedly there isn't the uncertainty in fiction that prevents us from giving a concrete rating in real life.

So unless it's a very poorly researched animal or one that's extinct I'm not sure about "likely", "at least", "at most" and those stuff.

I'll look at the response to the versus matches later.

Last edited:
I'm skeptical of "at least" rating in real life profiles considering tiers themselves have ranges and supposedly there isn't the uncertainty in fiction that prevents us from giving a concrete rating in real life.
So is 9-C+ better for Jaguars or something like that?, as I say, they are the third-largest feline and we need something that difference their size or strength with leopards & cougars, if not them just keep the 9-C but note that in their profile.

That's all. 🤍
Updated again.

Why Red Kangaroo are Street level?

I don't think this is 9-C at all.. also, apparently the source was removed too. Also, the 850 PSI don't have any calc to justify the power of their kicks.

Okay, but I don't think this works at all in the RL for get that high tier, when even Dingo can fight or predates them.. Athlete level fits better, Kangaroos aren't in the Leopard range or stronger than Orangutans.

Why Red Kangaroo are Street level?

I don't think this is 9-C at all.. also, apparently the source was removed too. Also, the 850 PSI don't have any calc to justify the power of their kicks.

Okay, but I don't think this works at all in the RL for get that high tier, when even Dingo can fight or predates them.. Athlete level fits better, Kangaroos aren't in the Leopard range or stronger than Orangutans.
Wait, I find this source that claims this:
  • Kangaroos are 6-8 times stronger than humans.
This is interesing, Kangaroos only weighs 72.5 Kg, I'm not sure if this is enough to qualify.. but it is true that Dingoes hunts them, even alone.. so idk what we can do here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back