• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait.. why the Anteater is 9-C? IMO, just put them in 10-A.. they doesn't have a source for they killing a Full Grown Adult Puma more than just some unreliable sources..
Even with this source, they would more likely lose to the physically stronger cougars & jaguars by being outweighed. Without claws is a bit tricky but 10-A is very agreeable, I did find a case of an Giant Anteater fighting a man with knife & without any other details, the animal easily injured the man's legs.

Wait, does that source of Anteater killing Jaguars & Cougars was accepted?

They are still weak physically and those felines can still kill the animal easy, and they probably kills female leopards, young or cubs, but is unlikely that they kills fully grown male cougars..

Through this is not about powerscaling, since the American Bears really overpowers and outweight Cougars in seconds.

Like, Leopards are also Street level because they easily kills juvenile gorillas, baboons and cheetahs, unless they justification are outdated. Through, considering the gap between Street level and Street level+ i'm not sure too, but the + is on the middle.
Well, after checking this again, I didn't changed my mind at all.
After I seeing the KE calc of H3110, even the lowest-end for Male American Black Bears are 9-C+.. so I don't think that the 9-C for Black Bears works at all.. also, in the case of the female bears we can just create another key for them, right?​

Aurora's latest suggestions seem to make sense to me. What about the rest of you?

Also, why the Female Nile Crocodrile is 9-C?

They are still heavy (145 kg in average) and large (3 meters in average).
If some wants some feats, then it's okay. In the same profile of the croc says this:

And in the same video:
  • When a mother elephant decides to take a drink from a river, she is unaware that there is danger lurking right below the surface. A huge 10 ft crocodile decides to latch its jaws onto the unsuspecting elephant's trunk. The young elephants watch helplessly as the crocodile attacks and the mother fights back.
The crocodrile that attacked the elephant was as large as a female one, so works as support.
Also, some of the prey of the nile crocodriles are from females one too, so idk if the 9-C works at all, since the male ones are 9-B and the same applies to saltwater crocs I think.

Their KE is close to 9-C+ too.

Also, why the Female Nile Crocodrile is 9-C?

They are still heavy (145 kg in average) and large (3 meters in average).
If some wants some feats, then it's okay. In the same profile of the croc says this:

And in the same video:
  • When a mother elephant decides to take a drink from a river, she is unaware that there is danger lurking right below the surface. A huge 10 ft crocodile decides to latch its jaws onto the unsuspecting elephant's trunk. The young elephants watch helplessly as the crocodile attacks and the mother fights back.
The crocodrile that attacked the elephant was as large as a female one, so works as support.
Also, some of the prey of the nile crocodriles are from females one too, so idk if the 9-C works at all, since the male ones are 9-B and the same applies to saltwater crocs I think.

Their KE is close to 9-C+ too.
That was earlier in this thread, Spino did the changes while I did the analysis.

I don't get the Spotted Hyenas justification, it claims that they can kill lions and buffalos, terrorize 9 people in a city and yet they're somehow 10-A
They kill lions and buffalos in groups with sharp teeth/claws.

Also in general we have decided to separate biting and KE from regular stats, so 10-A is for the physical strength of a hyena.

Also, I'm thinking on a slighty downgrade on American Black Bears and Grizzly Bears.

Argument
my argument is that the Tigers also attacks the skull of the bear, not only the neck. And in this source says that the Grizzly Bear was wounded and because that is why the knife of the hunter cutted the bear neck.
From the video description:
Even if they attacks in the neck, the Tiger can still overpower the bear, and can also damage their skin.
Through, there not exists many records of brown bears fights with tigers, but I find some in the case of lions.

And just these, I still think that the Black Bear needs to be 9-C+ since they have difficulted fights against these lions & tigers, and smaller or common grizzly bears needs to be 9-C+ and larger species being 9-B.

Also, I have some doubts on the Komodo Dragon 9-C rating.

• The Nile monitor, which is only a fraction the weight of the Komodo dragon, can potentially injure a Leopard with its whip tail
Yeah, the tail-whip of a Nile Monitor barely scrashes a Leopard, it don't even injure it.
  • even Lions are wary of the Nile monitor's whip tail.
I mean.. they just are wary due to the fast movement of the whip-tail, that doesn't justify nothing..
This still doesn't mean too much, like the Gorilla that is ten times stronger than humans, but still damaged or killed in confrontations against leopards.
  • Dr. Brady Barr, a world renowned herpetologist who has tremendous experience in tackling giant crocodiles and giant constrictor snakes, described Komodo dragons as being far stronger than crocodiles of similar weight
Well, Komodo Dragons are 70 Kg, counting that there exists crocodriles in that range of weight, but even these crocodriles like the Cuban crocodile that aren't that strong, and they are even 10 Kg bigger than Komodo Dragons. Also, due to that the Komodo Dragons are too small and that "stronger" is probably due to their bacteria-bite.

I think that H3 calculated some KE and feats of Komodo Dragon that doesn't surprass the 9-C range, so I think that they tier fits better without the +.

Also, I have some doubt with the 9-B of the American Alligator too.
  • They can kill humans, dogs, deer and wild boar, they have also been seen able to prey on Burmese Python and even American Black Bears, they’re capable of damaging canoes and kayaks
They prey these in ambushes I think, but even counting that, the American Alligator only weighs like 160 Kg in average and 560 Kg at max, which is pretty small for a "large" crocodrile. Also, apparently even Florida Panthers easily scrashes and hunts on 2.7 meters american alligators (which is like the weight of a female adult, but still impressive) so I have doubt about their 9-B rating, 9-C+ fits better in these cases due to their lightweight and weak bite force compared to others large crocs like nile or saltwater ones.

So something like this: 9-C (females) to 9-C+ (males)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back