• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm... guys, I think I found the Ostrich's kick psi, it's 2000 psi & they can one-shot lions (Ar). So their kicks are comparable to a giraffe's kick but due to smaller size & the predators they usually encounter, they're staying at 9-C or 9-C+. They do use their KE to knock a person onto the ground (Ar) but ostriches are heavier & taller than humans usually. (Kick feat (Ar))
I feel like the 9-C+ is too much. If they can kill a Lion with a kick it wouldn't be that easy. Also, they are mauled by leopards and cheetahs too, so I doubt that they are too durable.

Thank you very much for the help. It is very appreciated.

Btw: Were you or H3110l12345I20 the one who created the biting strength blog post? If so, you should preferably get almost identical wiki and forum usernames. If you prefer to keep your forum username, you can update your wiki username to something identical or very similar (such as Shizuka12345, for example), after which I change your forum username accordingly.

Thank you very much for the help. It is very appreciated.

Btw: Were you or H3110l12345I20 the one who created the biting strength blog post? If so, you should preferably get almost identical wiki and forum usernames. If you prefer to keep your forum username, you can update your wiki username to something identical or very similar (such as Shizuka12345, for example), after which I change your forum username accordingly.
Yeah, it's me.
I changed it to DarlingAurora, I prefer that name for here -w-

I'm going to make a argument for Athletic level+ Big Wolves (Northwestern).

They are much bigger than common species of gray wolves.
main-qimg-dbab7534fe0bb42b718a325788fc4862-lq

While other species of gray wolfs, on average, European wolves weigh 38.5 kg (85 lb), North American wolves 36 kg (79 lb), and Indian and Arabian wolves 25 kg (55 lb). Larger species of wolves are capable of killing young adults cougars I think.. (I'm going to search the source but I have this scan)

Also, in their profile says this:

• Although it varies, a normal wolf's bite force is usually 400 PSI but can go up to over 1000 PSI in large wolves, and can potentially reach 1500 psi. Usually able to easily kill large livestock and large dogs, and have been able to kill young elk by themselves. Able to easily break bone, dent metal, and crush skulls
That difference is more than the double on the bite force, so I think that the large species are much stronger.. so I suggest something like the old wolf page, but changing the Street level+ to Athletic level+.

Is there a calculation as a basis for the + sign?
I thought that we can put in that + due to the size & bite force difference with the average wolves (they are already 10-A), also due to large wolves killing young-adults cougar btw.

Also, I did a calc that put the large wolves bite force in the 178.81553 Joules range (I already put this on the evaluations thread), and is pretty close to the + sign which is 200 joules, so idk.

Through, I can calc the maximum gap for the wolf jaw, but I'm going to take some time for that.

Last edited:
We only scale attack potency from energy output, not bite force pressure as far as I am aware, and we need specific calculated energy values in order to use + signs.

See here:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Attack_Potency#"+"_symbol
Wait, we don't scale some of the animals tiers due to their weight and size too (check anomalocaris)? Or due to some impressive feats?

There a difference of like 11.5 Kg with European Wolves and Northwestern Wolves, I think that's enough to mark some difference but idk..

Wait, we don't scale some of the animals tiers due to their weight and size too (check anomalocaris)? Or due to some impressive feats?

There a difference of like 11.5 Kg with European Wolves and Northwestern Wolves, I think that's enough to mark some difference but idk..
I think what Ant means is that you don't really just slap a plus sign on tiers for scaling (unless the character scaled to is really close to the boundary) without a calc.

I think what Ant means is that you don't really just slap a plus sign on tiers for scaling (unless the character scaled to is really close to the boundary) without a calc.
Yeah, but large wolves still are much bigger and heavy than the other species of gray wolf, they hunts much bigger animals, and can kill 4 years old cougars, this can work more than justification too.

Also, these many-feets jumps are from large wolves too (something that was in discussion before and yield like 9-C). The bite-energy of northwestern wolves are close to the 200 joules yield too.

That is correct, yes.
Yeah, but large wolves still are much bigger and heavy than the other species of gray wolf, they hunts much bigger animals, and can kill 4 years old cougars, this can work more than justification too.

Also, these many-feets jumps are from large wolves too (something that was in discussion before and yield like 9-C). The bite-energy of northwestern wolves are close to the 200 joules yield too.
Well, if there is a good calculated basis for large wolves being above 200 Joules in regular single attacks, Athlete level+ is probably fine.

Yes, but what is the energy value that you use as a base before multiplying it?
Well, the current wolf profile is 10-A with the justification that they are bigger than most of canines, they are heavy and has a good bite force, also due to their hunts. Through, the current wolf profile doesn't have any justification for their energy value.

My argument is the difference in size of the Eurasian Gray Wolf and the Northwestern Gray Wolf, which is big.
wolf_sizes_by_kydnt-dc5em2a.png

Also, as I say before I think that the Female Cougar are also Athlete level+ since they are smaller than males, and avoid fights with Wolf.. literally some Gray Wolfs can kill young-adults female cougars too.

Well, the current wolf profile is 10-A with the justification that they are bigger than most of canines, they are heavy and has a good bite force, also due to their hunts. Through, the current wolf profile doesn't have any justification for their energy value.

My argument is the difference in size of the Eurasian Gray Wolf and the Northwestern Gray Wolf, which is big.
wolf_sizes_by_kydnt-dc5em2a.png

Also, as I say before I think that the Female Cougar are also Athlete level+ since they are smaller than males, and avoid fights with Wolf.. literally some Gray Wolfs can kill young-adults female cougars too.
Do we have CRTs for all wolves and cougars involving weights too?

Because some wolves totally grow human size from the picture provided.

Big animals are pretty much done barring minor changes, but someone brought up a bunch of small animals that had inflated stats earlier that hasn't really been dealt with.
Thank you for the information.

I would greatly appreciate help with cleaning up the remaining real world animal pages then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back