• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Discussion Thread 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Re:Zero will become cliche power fantasy harem anime in Arc 25 so Tappei can cancel it when the majority of the fanbase stops reading because he's tired of the cringe fans.

It keeps getting worse for Subaru.

He has no allies, not as strong physically nor mentally as usual, so he can't even rely on his wits, and the loops are still short.

Normal Subaru is too much of a Chad, so Tappei has to go to these lengths to continue torturing him

I don't like the direction of Arc 7 from the summaries I've heard of it. Seems weird.

I can't make any sort of judgment till I see where it all leads to.

Briefly I can say this about the major development of Subaru throughout the major arcs.

Arc 3-He admits his faults and starts working to better himself

Arc 4-Learns to value his life and rely on others.

Arc 5-Gains confidence in himself, fully becomes a hero

Arc 6-Its like he started all over again, but different, he learns to accept himself

Arc 7-??? So far he has been deprived of everything that has kept him grounded, and is being forced into a corner, his whole reason for keeping to go on, being Rem's hero has already been undermined. It's like this leading to Subaru eventually becoming a whole new character, which could be bad for the story, but idk where it's going.

I feel like death and suffering has been way too much this arc. He died like what now, 70 times this arc? Kinda annoying that we can't have a chapter or two with Subsru without him dying these days

Can we get some more world-building and charactezation instead?
Not caught up so I can't comment too much on the current arc, but on that second note, yeah that's actually my main criticism among the few I have for Re:Zero, the world-building. Tappei is definitely a very good writer, I'd probably even say a genius one, but to be honest, he's not particularly amazing in regards to that. His main strong-suit is definitely character writing, not sure how that's been going lately, though.

I'mma be real honest here, his face before he dies looks too similar to the faces of protagonists who found out they've been ntrd.

And honestly, in regards to the latest arc, I think Tappei is doing all of this stuff so that he can give Baru a power up either with the Sloth Authority or Lye/Rai's Gluttony Authority (if he has it and Louis doesn't have it) or with something else entirely; IMO, there is no possible way for Baru to escape the current shit he is in with gladiator island without a sudden power-up or an asspull of some kind.

Yea deaths have been excessive.

If it's all for a power up, complete insanity how much shit Subaru has to go through to get stonger.

I recall one-time Tappei saying in a tweet that Subaru will die a similar number of times in every arc.

So_That_Was_a_Fucking_Lie.jpg

Would have to recheck how many times he died in arc 6, off the top of my head it was at least like 20 just in like one part, and more before that.

Forgot how many times Olbart killed Subaru in arc 7, but it should have been a lot.

Anyway plans change, who knows maybe Tappei will add another arc or 2 and not just give us 11 or 12.

Last edited:
New Chapter is out, and this is very interesting.

The od is the soul and the body is the container for it, change the soul, change the body.

Subaru is literally as he was as a 10 year old, weak physically and mentally, but in this weakness he has regained what he had as a child,optimism? Maybe, he isn't a teenager who has experience self doubt, failure etc, he just had endless determination to achieve what he wants.

And it's through the deaths, he is being tempered into becoming a genius, if he retains this when he gets back to normal, this is a whole new ballgame for Subaru as I was thinking, it's like he is the pride if version where he will try everything to succeed, but he isn't a psycho, and is still the same Subaru, except now he is unstoppable.

Infinite revives + unstoppable Willpower + genius intellect.....

Ah, so this was Subaru's powerup, huh? Starting to smell like Undertale in here. Kek. Hoping he won't burn a capital to the ground unlike his similar-minded Pride IF Self, but regardless... I am much excited to see what Childburu can do.

I am full in fanboy mode right now, like this is genius.

Idk how Tappei keeps developing Subaru even more, dude is already my novel favorite character.

Other series has characters develop by getting sudden power ups, but with Subaru it's all mental.

Going into another world doesn't fix his problems, being a selfish asshole who thinks of themselves as the protag didn't gonna fix all his problems, in order for things to get better, he had to change himself.

Self sacrifice at the cost of his own humanity also didn't lead to the correct future, he had to to value himself, and rely on others.

Subaru hates himself, thinks himself lesser than others, but his own perception isn't all there is, to others he is a hero.

Subaru is relied on by others, and considered amazing despite not being op or strong as the others, he is a normal guy who loves his friends too much and that's why he keeps going.

Now we get to current Subaru, who completely believes in himself, the self doubt is gone, dying just makes him more angry because it gets in his way of achieving his goals, he isn't a psycho who sees others as pawns, but he still very much is trying to save everyone and will not stop, no matter how many times it takes, as he believes in himself, he is Kenichi's son, he doesn't have an inferiority complex about that anymore, but because he is is his son, Subaru is also awesome and thus should be able to achieve anything he wants to.

This is obviously gonna go the arc 6 route, where the old and new Subaru become one again, giving an improved Subaru going forward.

That's pretty cool actually! Just as I say Arc 7 seems kinda mid, a new chapter comes out that's actually providing a really cool concept.

I don't like the direction of Arc 7 from the summaries I've heard of it. Seems weird.
Honestly I like Arc 7 a lot, all of the new characters and serious threats. It's really tough for Subaru right now, but him figuring his way out of hell difficulty is kinda the point and also very cool to read.
The ruthlessness of Vollachia combined with the experience of being a child and powering through should make him an even better strategist yeah.
The deaths aren't too excessive for me yet, though we have jumped from around 20 Arcs 1-5 to like 26 in Arc 6 alone to a hella ton now in Arc 7.

Yea, earlier when he got the Shudrak's help, but in exchange lead to the slaugther of the Vollachian army, i thought it was interesting, because Subaru's whole thing since arc 4 has being about not allowing any causalities, so he was being tested.

And then on top of that, his whole reason for keeping to go on, being Rem's hero was undermined and he had a full blown mental breakdown, so as i said it was like everything he stood for was being challenged.

The ruthlessness of the empire has been basically been a foil to Subaru's entire character, and yet we get to this point, despite all the messed up stuff like being a kid and forced to fight for his life with unreliable allies, he now has somehow through sheer force of will become a child prodigy, who with each passing death just becomes more and more pissed off and motivated to achieve his goals.

So basically it's like a big F U to Vollachia's way of life, Subaru will remain pure to his way of life and keep going on, using sheer will and intellect.

The whole thing with new Rem's "You don't have to be a hero" was so interesting!
It's like she knocked out his foundation with a single armor-piercing bullet and doesn't even know it.

We're getting to see a lot of Al this arc too and its becoming more clear that he's a major plot point.

Eh the whole "Subaru needs to learn to be less idealistic" never made sense to me.

Subaru is a hero, he shows care and passion even for people who were must cruel to him and he will go out of his way to help everyone in his sight and he will never accept deaths and sacrifice as part of how the world goes. If Subaru behaved like a normal human, the story wouldn't have made it past arc 2.

Subaru has already gone through hell, it's the empire that will bend to Subaru's will not the other way around.
The whole thing with new Rem's "You don't have to be a hero" was so interesting!
Rem is just ignorant Subaru didn't choose the tragic hero life, tragic hero life chose him :rolleyes:

Last edited:
To be fair, it makes sense to be concerned when you see an ally that self-sacrificing who clearly doesn't care much about his own safety. Subaru is even more dynamic when you don't know about the whole time travel thing.

Just a transition chapter, not much to say.

I was meming above but i am inhaling the copium that we at least an ova announcement.

Just a transition chapter, not much to say.

I was meming above but i am inhaling the copium that we at least an ova announcement.
I wouldn't say copium. More like

maxresdefault.jpg

Tbh though I think an OVA announcement isn't unlikely. It's kinda shocking but it's already been over 2 years since Season 2 premiered, and OVA 1 came out not even 2 years after Season 1 ended, let alone after it premiered. And that was including the fact that they probably didn't realize Re:Zero would become so popular and high in demand. So an OVA announcement if they decide to do that again before the next Season is totally plausible. In fact, iirc there was a lot of bonus material between Arc's 4 and 5 right? It could be OVA's for that stuff.

I just want the anime to clarify that Echidna is supposed to look different at the end of Season 2 because so many people think it was an animation error lmao.

Honestly would like to see the Ex Novels adapted and then season 3, since it ties into season 3.

I would even take a directors cut of season 2 with added content, instead of another Rem figure.

But lets see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back