• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Discussion Thread 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we don't know the limits of Pandora's ability and child Emilia was said to be stronger, albeit clearly referring to Emilia using her hidden power.

We have to see her show up again before we know what's going on with her, besides being the witch cults de-facto leader and orchestrating stuff

I mean death of the author is a thing.

Reinhard would speed blitz and one shot Ainz in a fight based on their feats.
Technically speaking this would just mean Ainz is that fast if it were taken truthfully, but in any case this definitely isn't relevant for Vs. Battles Wiki, and it'd never get used in the profiles. Besides which, as you said, death of the author, albeit I have mixed thoughts on that fallacy itself.

Not to mention, it's not like Tappei and Overlord's author had a discussion about it to decide which one of the two would win. If ONE suddenly said Saitama would win or lose to Goku, that would barely mean anything. And there's no reason to think Tappei has some in depth knowledge about Ainz's power, to begin with. It's just somewhat surprising to see Tappei say that Reinhard would lose to someone, that's all I really can take out of that.

Although, tbf, excluding a speed blitz, Ainz actually could beat Reinhard with some hax, so it's not like the claim is that absurd.

Oh there's a follow up Tweet.

"Source: An interview between Tappei and Ashina that came with the new Isekai Quartet movie. The latter statement in the trivia was said by Ashina. Furthermore, the bit about Reinhard and Ainz was agreed by all the writers involved in Isekai Quartet."

So essentially, Overlord's author believes that no one in Isekai Quartet could beat Overlord's cast (not sure if he means all of them or individual characters). And everyone (of the 4 writers) agrees that Reinhard loses to Ainz.

Another thing it's only said Reinhard can't beat Ainz, not that Ainz can beat Reinhard.

Reinhard offensive hax is lacking compared to his defensive, there is a lot of stuff about him being the strongest, but there are still a few ppl he can't beat.

To say nobody can beat the overlord cast, idk why Tappei would let that slide lol, the re zero cast in quartet aren't that op, but if we are talking about the whole re zero verse, idk how any random person from overlord could beat like Reid with his concept cutting.

If it's a full power Ainz Ooal Gown w/prep he has acess to a lot of World Item broken hax. I'd say he can reliably win against a Reinhard that's in his usual in character behaviour. Specially with the Wish spell.

Also, the Overlord novel has some "struck with lightning speed" "cut her in a flash" stuff that was deemed outlier/flowery speech that could put their speed in equal grounds.

Even Alec hoshin Will appeared in isekai quartet lol
nlq1Jhu.jpeg

Flugel shows up with a beer belly a badly kept beard and a bag of mayonese flavoured chips while wearing a big bang theory shirt and saying "what did i miss?"

... Y'know, I just had a thought about Hoshin. Like he is canon to the verse, right? Even if Tappei made the questionable choice of introducing him in a movie... So if he showcases decent feats in the movie, would it be enough to add him to the Re:Zero page?

I haven't been active in Isekai Quartet for a while. Just wondering, has Ferris shown up yet in Isekai Quartet? Wondering because I'm big a fan of Ferris. Almost my favorite character in the show for particular reasons, if you know what I mean.

Already said this is an extremely weird case, probably would require it's own thread to decide what to do if any notable feats happen.

Anyway

6jdz06.jpg
Considering how the SCP verse is treated on the wiki, I don't think it's too much of a stretch that a semi-non-canon movie (as-in non-canon but obviously still written by the author) can be included as evidence. But it really depends on what he actually does in the movie, and most likely if anything he does contradicts anything in the main verse. Although that's doubtful, as, of course, Tappei is writing it himself.

One of the multiple things I admire about Tappei is how interactive he is with other Re:Zero related projects, as well as his own community. The legend even sent fan mail to a react channel. An AMERICAN react channel at that, if I recall correctly. One of my favorite writers.

Oh there's a follow up Tweet.

"Source: An interview between Tappei and Ashina that came with the new Isekai Quartet movie. The latter statement in the trivia was said by Ashina. Furthermore, the bit about Reinhard and Ainz was agreed by all the writers involved in Isekai Quartet."

So essentially, Overlord's author believes that no one in Isekai Quartet could beat Overlord's cast (not sure if he means all of them or individual characters). And everyone (of the 4 writers) agrees that Reinhard loses to Ainz.
Power scalers in shamble:rolleyes:
Surprised that Tappei admit that Rein-chan lose to anyone tho.

usually he sucks him off like there's no tomorrow although even in story Rein-chan isn't as invincble as Tappei make him out to be on his tweets

So Reinhard can't beat Ainz wasn't meant to be about powerscaling, but about victory conditions, and this also only relates to Isekai Quartet.

Makes sense, as Reinhard is a hero, and while he is an immovable object, you don't have to face him physical, just destroy what he represents.

So Reinhard can't beat Ainz wasn't meant to be about powerscaling, but about victory conditions, and this also only relates to Isekai Quartet.

Makes sense, as Reinhard is a hero, and while he is an immovable object, you don't have to face him physical, just destroy what he represents.

Interesting but could you explain the bolded part of your comment?

Pride IF/Ayamasu, Reinhard is op, but he is still human, he has mental issues just like everyone else.

His whole identity revolves around being a hero, if you say murder everyone he is trying to protect, then you basically destroy him mentally.

Arc 5 is another example, where he is again an immovable object, however he fails to protect those he is trying to, so while he is alive and well, he still "lost" cause he failed to do his duty of protecting others.

Pride IF/Ayamasu, Reinhard is op, but he is still human, he has mental issues just like everyone else.

His whole identity revolves around being a hero, if you say murder everyone he is trying to protect, then you basically destroy him mentally.

Arc 5 is another example, where he is again an immovable object, however he fails to protect those he is trying to, so while he is alive and well, he still "lost" cause he failed to do his duty of protecting others.
I see

Cecilius is just a skilled swordsman, there is nothing haxy going on with him, based on what we know right now.

Like to take on Reinhard, he had to be nerfed of his blessings, his physical stats are God tier, but his hax is weak in comparison to the others.

You have Reinhard with his blessings, Reid who has reached the pinnacle of swordsmanship, cutting whatever he wants to from dimensions to concepts, and then you have the other God tiers with their various hax ie Satella which can separate space from space, ignoring durability, madness hax, etc.

Cecilius is just a skilled swordsman, there is nothing haxy going on with him, based on what we know right now.

Like to take on Reinhard, he had to be nerfed of his blessings, his physical stats are God tier, but his hax is weak in comparison to the others.

You have Reinhard with his blessings, Reid who has reached the pinnacle of swordsmanship, cutting whatever he wants to from dimensions to concepts, and then you have the other God tiers with their various hax ie Satella which can separate space from space, ignoring durability, madness hax, etc.
So Cecilius loses in this match eh...?

This is very helpful clarification. Glad about the follow up. Part of me did think it was kind of out of ordinary.

Perhaps most importantly for us, it stops any potentially annoying discussions from occurring in the future in regards to what still would've just been an unusable statement.

Welp, that was a nice clarification, I suppose. Hmm... On the very off-chance that the anime version of Arc 5/6/7/so on gives up visual feats that boost everyone's tiers one, would everyone get flatout upgrades to their tiers or would they get separate keys due to the one year timeskip - i.e, for example, Garfiel gets an Arc 4 Key and Arc 5-Beyond Key.

Welp, that was a nice clarification, I suppose. Hmm... On the very off-chance that the anime version of Arc 5/6/7/so on gives up visual feats that boost everyone's tiers one, would everyone get flatout upgrades to their tiers or would they get separate keys due to the one year timeskip - i.e, for example, Garfiel gets an Arc 4 Key and Arc 5-Beyond Key.
Subaru begins to perform consistent 6-A feats, Otto is High 6-A. Mid tiers are all 5-B. Peaks with Reinhard at universal+.

And they'd get new keys most likely. Definitely would if there was at least any direct implications of them getting stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back