• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Discussion Thread 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk, Regulus has never faced anyone like that. But again if its like this person's time can't be stopped cause they don't exist in time or something, i don't see what that has to do with Regulus, cause again he isn't stopping the person's time but his own. If the idea is this person is completely beyond the effects of time, i guess Regulus hax wouldn't work on it?
I'm talking about Regulus being untethered from the timeline as only his point of time is stopped, would that affect the person with time stop resistance? and the SCP?

That SCP has some conceptual powers so i assume, it will work just fine.
Really? didn't know so, are you talking about the Authority or the SCP working fine.

And again as i said i don't see how regular time stop resistance does anything, Regulus ability is so unique. Regulus doesn't just walk up to people and stop their time, he attacks you with stuff which has had their time stopped, thus they ignore durability.

Idk about SCP, nor care, i just saw that description there mention conceptual.

And again as i said i don't see how regular time stop resistance does anything, Regulus ability is so unique. Regulus doesn't just walk up to people and stop their time, he attacks you with stuff which has had their time stopped, thus they ignore durability.

Idk about SCP, nor care, i just saw that description there mention conceptual.
Hmm, so someone like SCP-096 would defeat Regulus if given the chance then, okay, good answer.

Arc 7 is pretty much almost done.

Recent summaries pique my interest, that being Child/Nerfed Cecilus stomping Mezoria, now this dragon showing up causes clouds to cover the sky, and also looking at the machine translations, is powerful enough to destroy half a city.

Cecilus brought the feats by the looks of it, if Child/Nerfed Cecilius is Low 7-B, adult form fully scaling to Reinhard is blatant, though idk if he was using his best swords here.

That determines if he is just plain those stats or the swords amp him, cause again in the Ex Novel he got stomped by a nerfed Reinhard, but thought he could do better with his best swords.

Anyway in like 2025 or something it will be a topic to discuss when the LN gets there, speaking of LN probably will start that reread of the first 8 volumes + sides and ex novels in the next month or so, probably will result in a few CRT's.

Last edited:
We also have Olbart vs Roswaal and Garfiel in the recent chapters, which could give us some stuff for Olbart. He was capable of overwhelming Garf before Roswaal came along but I'm not really sure how he's gonna stand a chance against Roswaal, assuming Ros actually tries.

Would be interesting to see if we can get adult Ceclius in a fight before the end of the arc, but that doesn't look likely. I still don't think he scales near Reinhard though, even in his adult form.

Last edited:
I like where this is going, one of the complaints about 7 was that it felt like a side quest, but this whole angle of Observers really raises questions, not to mention the 4 coming calamities.

Star Gazers being puppets for the observers and also being able to just continue making star gazers, showing them the future, and then even going as far as the gazers themselves, making that future come about, what are these observers plotting? And who are they?

It's interesting how Stride was a gazer, yet rejected it, and absolutely hated the observers, and joined the witch cult, and the archbishops of the cults are all named after stars, clearly some connection there somehow.

As for Vincent, i think his character has become more humanized/understandable, he was always preparing for the coming disaster, and intended on dying, basically a man on a time limit willing to do whatever it took, for the Empire to continue on after he left.

The observers plot line is really cool. I'm glad Tappei decided to include it in Arc 7 since it ties into Stride and before it was only mentioned in Battle Ballad and not outside that.

It seems to be implied that Od Laguna, Volcanica, and Satella are all connected to the observers in some way, as Stride wanted to reject Od laguna and Volcanica as part of his rejecting the observers scheme. I'm guessing Echidna has something to do with the observers too. Not too sure about Flugel given all the Subaru = Flugel hints, but his name is related to the stars.

Last edited:
Volcanica was called an Observer by Stride i think, a while back, or maybe it was someone else? But i clearly remember him being called one.

Volcanica was called an Observer by Stride i think, a while back, or maybe it was someone else? But i clearly remember him being called one.
I believe both Volcanica and Od laguna were considered to be observers by Stride in Battle Ballad, yes. Then there's also Subaru talking about Satella "observing" him after Cecilus mentioned about the observers. But Satella being an observer would be weird though since she has an authority, wouldn't it?

Last edited:
We don't really know what an observer is, Stride disliked them, and hated Laguna cause it was receiving Volcanica, an observers blessing.

Are they a uniform group, or are there factions in them?

I mean Stride is a Star Gazer, but he didn't follow along with what a Star Gazer is suppose to do.

Lets say Observers are playing 4-D chess, in other words, they are watching events and even influencing them, making the world their chessboard, and everyone in it their pawns, Satella could be playing on the board too, which is why she is an observer, but she isn't playing the same game. You could think of Subaru as a very powerful pawn, cause you couldn't predict how he would move due to return by death.

Subarus existence should definetly be problematic for the observers, given how he could alter fate, rejecting what the observers are trying to do. Could be one of the reasons Satella summoned subaru in the first place. I'm wondering if there are 2 fractions, as you said, that kind of oppose each other or fell into disagreement or something.

Its also possible that the entirely of the past, present, and future as already been decided by the observers, like a script, and the events are supposed to play out exactly like that, but people like Subaru who have the power to oppose the observers are capable of altering that script and rejecting the predetermined fate. It would explain how things like the gospel and star gazers could see the future. Although people like Stride use those abilities to oppose the observers, essentially using their power against themselves.

Reminder that although subaru can alter a lot of things, some of the pre determined events such as the great disaster would still arrive. Only the end result can be changed

Apparently arc 7 is done, pretty much in he middle of things, so next arc is a continuation, like a arc 7 part 2, but probably just called arc 8.

Considering Tappei was saying years ago that we wouldn't go to other countries, from what i remember, maybe plans changed, and now there are gonna be more than 11 arcs in total?

I have started the reread of the earlier volumes, once i get through with Eternity Sword, then Slime i will read the latest vol and do revisions, the reread of early volumes and side stories, will be a long term project, Re Zero profile should be among my best, considering it's my fav LN, but it's absolutely missing stuff since i wasn't keeping track of stuff from the side/short stories.

Just based on the reread, there is already stuff to add.

I think Tappei said that he's still panning for 11 arcs in the recent QA that happened about a year ago, although maybe he changed his mind in the past year. Arcs 5-8 kind of feel like 1 big saga at this point, since the events happened so closely together. Kind of like arcs 1-4.

I'm wondering if there's gonna be a timeskip after this, or after arc 9, to put us closer to the RS.

76fafe16997e869d4a1b7bca0724dab8.gif

Even if it's announced, question then becomes which studio is doing it, cause White Fox had a lot of staff leave, they apparently hired new staff, but who really knows the quality they can put out now.

And if it's another studio, will they be willing to skip the op and ed for more content, albeit that won't be necessary next season, and that might be more of a committee decision than studio, the anime has plenty of skipped content as is typical of LN adaptations, but a new studio could make that worse.

But all we can do is hope for the best, though what i would ideally want to happen is Re Zero getting it's own studio dedicated to it like Mushoku Tensei, which will put out not just the main content, but adaptions of the ex novels, side stories, and even the if stories maybe, they need to milk Re Zero dry, which will be very hard to do, cause Tappei keeps adding side content, and there is already a lot.

There is a trove of money to be made, and Kadokawa so far is ignoring it, despite Re Zero making them millions.

Even if it's announced, question then becomes which studio is doing it, cause White Fox had a lot of staff leave, they apparently hired new staff, but who really knows the quality they can put out now.

And if it's another studio, will they be willing to skip the op and ed for more content, albeit that won't be necessary next season, and that might be more of a committee decision than studio, the anime has plenty of skipped content as is typical of LN adaptations, but a new studio could make that worse.

But all we can do is hope for the best, though what i would ideally want to happen is Re Zero getting it's own studio dedicated to it like Mushoku Tensei, which will put out not just the main content, but adaptions of the ex novels, side stories, and even the if stories maybe, they need to milk Re Zero dry, which will be very hard to do, cause Tappei keeps adding side content, and there is already a lot.

There is a trove of money to be made, and Kadokawa so far is ignoring it, despite Re Zero making them millions.
What if Studio deen animates it?

Looking at their work they did Konosuba and Fate, but then i noticed Nanasu no Taizai, which... Yea i still remember the power point animation from that.

Idk, Mappa would be good, but they seemingly are taking every new thing that's coming out: Chainsaw Man, Jujitsu, and a bunch of other upcoming stuff.

A-1's adaptation of 86 was perfect, but i remember them having a history of skipping content.

I really don't know what studio would work for Re Zero besides White Fox, some people would jump and say Ufotable, that would give great animation, but i don't think that would happen.

If White Fox can't handle it on their own, hopefully they collaborate with other studios, but anyway that's all assuming season 3 is even coming.

The best studio to animate Re Zero would undoubtedly be Studio Bind.

The studio that was basically created from White Fox members and other animators to animate Mushoku Tensei.

Not sure if you've seen Mushoku Tensei, but it's another god-tier Isekai with an spectacular anime adaptation that goes above and beyond what I could've ever expected.

Seriously, Studio Bind's adaptation of Mushoku Tensei is honestly leagues better than what White Fox did with Re Zero (and that was already pretty good for an adaptation.)

Also, White Fox had apparently been on a hiring spree in recent times, so I am sure they have a lot of new young staff to work on stuff still.

I'm not sure if studio bind wants to pick up another anime though, it seems like there focused on MT. That would be great though considering the amount of effort they put into MT.

I'm still on hopium for Ufotable.

I'm not sure if studio bind wants to pick up another anime though, it seems like there focused on MT. That would be great though considering the amount of effort they put into MT.

I'm still on hopium for Ufotable.
Studio Bind has done stuff other than MT

Oh, they have? I thought they were mainly focusing on MT. I guess in that case they could maybe pick it up, depending on how many big projects their willing to juggle.
onimai is their latest project if i am not wrong. Also the reason i have hopium that Ufotable might animate ReZero is because they have done a colab with white fox before and that this is a battle orientated season so them doing it is guranteed to make them a ton of money especially considering how massive ReZeros IP already is. There is also the plus point that while DS doesnt have the best plot, ReZero does and that is surely gonna sky rocket the sales

Ufotable working on S3 alongside White Fox is the definition of Too Good to be True xD

So currently on vol 5 of the reread, Rem's stamina is kinda busted. First off, random witch cultist, albeit said to be special, can knock over trees, and crush skulls, it supports current lifting strength scaling, cause the person took Rem by surprise and i don't see how a random cultist would be above someone like Garfiel.

So that cultist, got dealt a fatal wound, and still manages to land an attack on Rem afterwards, so cultist, are just built different, they are so insane, they can push past death, as we did know already, but getting to Rem.

She got her arm burnt, bones broken, internal organs crushed, carried on search for Subaru for an hour in that condition, then fights off like half a dozen cultist, gets all her limbs twisted, and then her body literally breaks from Petelguese.

And then dozens of hours later is still not only alive, she crawls over to Subaru, and freezes him using magic, this is absurdly impressive.

So currently on vol 5 of the reread, Rem's stamina is kinda busted. First off, random witch cultist, albeit said to be special, can knock over trees, and crush skulls, it supports current lifting strength scaling, cause the person took Rem by surprise and i don't see how a random cultist would be above someone like Garfiel.

So that cultist, got dealt a fatal wound, and still manages to land an attack on Rem afterwards, so cultist, are just built different, they are so insane, they can push past death, as we did know already, but getting to Rem.

She got her arm burnt, bones broken, internal organs crushed, carried on search for Subaru for an hour in that condition, then fights off like half a dozen cultist, gets all her limbs twisted, and then her body literally breaks from Petelguese.

And then dozens of hours later is still not only alive, she crawls over to Subaru, and freezes him using magic, this is absurdly impressive.
Yeah, even in the anime, the Rem stamina is pretty clear (Though I don't recall it taking "hours" for her to crawl over to Subaru)

She's a damn durable person.

So main cast is gonna be at Anime Japan, they can't be bringing everyone to announce a pachinko machine or another figure.

Hopium time?

Yeah, I feel like there has to be at least a 70% chance it's an anime announcement...

It has to be something big.

Now I'm just hoping the studio is good at this point.

Says tweet is unavailable. Is that the tweet from Ice confirming S3????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back