• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Discussion Thread 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
We both know Tappei love to wank the f*ck out of Reinhard mindlessly sometime, Tappei is talking shit

If Rei-chan one shot her so does cecilius and cecilius is > base Reinhard cuz he forced him to pull his sword and Rei-chan won't pull it unless he truly needs to

That or freaking OP Granpa is Roswaal level and can change the fuckig map of the world with his sword

Probably him wanking reinhard especially after this:

"Q: I'd like you so speak about her feeling when Reinhard was born!

A: She was joyful like normal, but at the same time she could tell at a glance that "A child that could destroy the world has been born", so she prayed that "Please, let this child have healthy, peaceful days.". Two years later, her son's bride became unable to wake from sleep."

A child that can destroy the world, sounding like some child of prohecy type stuff lol. Reinhard might as well be jesus in this series, he can already walk on water lol.

We need the theresia and wilhelm stuff to be translated to know more, like the one with stride, archbishop of pride, and where wilhelm fights a huge ass dragon which is like building sized.

He just said her strike is the nuke not equivalent or comparable to, we should probably just ignore the statement.

Surely Rei-chan is Jesus of this series, I am just waiting for them to reveal that he's actually the son of god ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Theresia is weaker than Puck and Roswaal. The latter two can kill the White Whale on their own, and via power-scaling from Daphne can potentially even one-shot (they are below Satella and Sekhmet, and above the rest).

You know i actually wouldn't be surprised if reinhard was indeed the son of god, the world already loves him which is why he has hundreds of blessings, and he can already make the world his bitch seeing as he can solo og laguna who gives him his blessings, just how bs is that.

Yet he's doing nothing because of plot

Reinhard is Tappei's self insert ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Subaru's wouldn't have had to go through so much suffering if he could apply reinhard to his problems, better yet just imagine if the series was based around reinhard:

>Reinhard is born and it is prohesized he will be the child that can destroy the world

>At 5 years old he beats his father who has been training his whole life in a sword fight

>By 19 he has already plateaued in strength and can't get any stronger, and is the strongest in the world.

This would work a lot better as a comedy/slice of life type show cause as a legit story it wouldn't be a story, a comedy show about reinhard being op and wishing for blessings to solve even the smallest problems like not mistaking salt with sugar.

As a non manga reader I have a genuine question: where do you guys think the story is heading? I get it revolves around Subaru dying so he kind of has to be weak but do you Think by the end of series he'll be God Tier or just die without coming back?

Well the manga is still behind the anime, the translated light novels are behind the anime too.

The only possible way subaru ever gets op is if he is flugel who helped sealed satella, and due to some time shennagians or reincarnation or whatever flugel became subaru.

Besides from that i don't see him ever getting strong, originally subaru thought he could do everything with his own power, that worked well for 2 arcs, then arc 3 happened where he was literally shown how weak he is over and over again, so now he relies on the people around him.

Basically subaru is a tactician he uses the knowledge gained from rbd and his knowledge from earth (mostly about stars as they play a big role in the series), and then he gets the people around him to help him solve his problems.

As for where the story is headed, 11 arcs are planned for the series, arc 6 is about wait can't say that, do you know what happens to rem? It's major spoilers, arc 6 involves her.

Arc 7 will have aldebaran and priscilla.

Arc 8 i think has felt so probably deals with stuff related to the royal selection.

Arc 9 i have no idea what it's about, it might be the long awaited war between lugnica and vollachia.

Arc 10 i think is when all the witches are supposed to reappear.

Also there is still the plot points of hector and echidna, and also more importantly pandora who is honestly more of the main villain than satella.

Arc 11 is the ending which honestly i don't see being a happy ending, one of several things can happen imo: subaru dies in order to save satella and or the world, subaru kills satella just like she wants him to and gets sent back to his world leaving emilia and everyone behind, subaru stays in the re zero world but his parents are still worried sick their son is still missing as tappei has brought this up before. Either way a bittersweet ending at best imo.

The whiches suppose to reappear at the 11th arc, not the 10th. And arn't we forgetting 1 important character? Like...ahem...RICARDO?!?!?! >A<

weird I could swear he said they will reappear in the 10th arc and the 11th arc will be the final one, is there source to this info?

Ask the admins, mostly Angelo. But I wouldn't care for this much, all I care is...WHEN RICARDO IS GOONA HAVE A HUGE SCREENTIME AND HIS BIRTHDAY?!?!?! I know he plays a role in the 5th arc, but his screentime is the same as the 3rd arc!! ;A;

Stride, archbishop of pride, brother of the emperor of vollachia.

If i remember correctly he placed a curse on thearesia when she was pregnant or something like that, it may not have been stride either, but i remember he was doing some shady stuff.

Info about stride:

"Stride Volakia : With Kurgan along as a bodyguard, a roughly thirty-year-old man with clever, strangely well-kept features. Glittering deep-purple hair. It seems that after Bertol guesses his identity as the 'Wolf of the Empire', he proposes a duel. He is sickly, and unable to handle heavy exercise. As one who plots against Lugunica despite knowing the power of the dragon's protection, nicknamed "Destruction Wish". Calls himself Blood of the Light Sword. Able to bring along Kurgan, the empire's strongest, as a bodyguard. Due his surname, he's rumored to be from the royal family. However, the Volakian nobility claims that he doesn't exist, which is most likely because of propaganda."

"Stride Volakia : The empire's response for the kingdom's inquiries was "There is no royal individual who goes by the name Stride, and the location of Eight Arms is unknown." Wilhelm is recognized as an amusing opponent. He (Wilhelm) seems to believe that an attack that strikes others with blades is not an attack. The son of the Emperor of Volakia was like a fruit this time. He (Stride) was weak by birth, which was a disadvantage in the ceremony of inheritance rights and gaining the title of being the Emperor of Volakia, which requires one to kill all his brothers and sisters. Kurgan drove Stride away before he lost his life. After growing up under Kurgan, they approached the throne (the reason is unknown, though), but he (Stride) was poisoned by his father, the Emperor, because of his body being one which could not have children due to an extremely high fever, and killed the 76th Emperor, his own father himself. Stride self-proclaims that he has the seen the truth by being on the boundary of life and death, and believes that there is an outside entity called viewer in this world. The empire which discarded him (Stride) due to his incompetence, the kingdom which was protected by a dragon, a type of viewer, and viewer itself, he put his everything forward to curse and destroy these and the stage of the world. It seems that he (Stride) had shown Roswaal to call the Black Dragon with the promise with Sphinx that seemed to have broken the coalition. He later became the Witch Cult's Sin Archbishop of Pride. Even though he received his gospel by Petelgeuse, he has no faith in the witches. The working of his (Stride) Authority not explicitly stated, it is unknown if it had an effect on his behavior and personal belongings in his work. Wilhelm is convinced that Stride has taken over the Black dragon following the fight against it. It seems that he (Wilhelm) was rejoicing that he was able to oppose Grimm as a person, who, in the past, was waiting for the Divine Dragon to intervene. He dies along with his wife Melinda, he gets eaten by Valgren."

This is all from the wilhelm stories, you can see summaries about the characters who appeared in it here. This is why we need the wilhelm stories translated, a lot of important stuff goes down.

@Pegasus

Uhh Rem ends up in a coma or something right?

Huh, honestly I don't remember much from the anime but from what I thought I remembered Satella was in love with Subaru or something (or it could be as you said she just wants him to kill her) So my interpretation of the grand finale is he'd actually be OP and kick someone's ass in a final clash (likely to avenge the death of someone or something of the sort)

One more question: Isn't Satella the source of the Witchs powers? So anything they can do she can do right? How is Pandora then more so the main antagonist? I don't mind any spoilers but if this is a spoiler free zone then feel free to message me on my wall :D

Rem is all about Subaru's love, Also everyone loves Subaru this turn into harem show later on "inb4 salty dude comes and attack me later for this"

No each witch each has her own ability, we assumed in the past that Satella can use all their power because she absorbed them this is just assumption

> How is Pandora then more so the main antagonist

Pandora is mastermind behind most of what happens in the story, Satella is just victim for the most part who want nothing else than Subaru to kill her

Ahh I see. So there's no actually confirmation on that. Alrighty then.

Damn. In b4 Satella gives Subaru all her power via... uh... sacred ceremony ;)

@Aizen What happens to rem is cut from the anime, but yea, arc 6 is all about finding a way to wake her up, but i highly suspect that even if she wakes up she will not have her memories, so technically we won't be getting rem back, just another way for tappei to torture subaru, just like how arc 6 subaru has lost his memories is being killed and suspects emilia and co are responsible.

Satella loves subaru but the thing is, satella and the witch of envy aren't the same person, in other words split personalities, due to being incompatible with the witch of envy witch genes she developed the witch of envy personality, satella before that was loved by all the other witches and wasn't a complete psycho. Satella wants subaru to kill her, info about the witches and what not gets revealed in arc 4.

Satella was said to have consumed all the other witches, so presumably she also gained their abilities she does indeed have sehkmet's authority but we don't know if she has all the other's abilities she likely does but it's not confirmed yet.

Think of the witch of envy like this, a single minded psychotic mass murderer, when it comes to subaru the witch of envy just see's him as her possession, and she doesn't care about subaru's feelings, satella on the other hand see's him as a person.

Anyway the witch is scary because she is op and crazy, however pandora is more terrifying, cause she is calm and pretends to be your friend, while ultimately she kills you anyway, and she schemes, she is responsible for a whole bunch of shit like the death of emilia's parents and aunt, betelguese being crazy, thearesia ending up dead etc, and she is basically the leader of the witch cult, and can freaking warp reality

Subaru will become the most OP thing in Re:Zero you just wait

Don't listen to Pgeasus's lies and misleading, he's just Reinhard fanboy (ÒâÄÓ▓áþøèÓ▓á)ÒâÄÕ¢íÔö╗ÔöüÔö╗

Pandora being a loli was massive let down for me tho

RIP hopes and dreams (Ó▓Ñ´╣ÅÓ▓Ñ)

Subaru will become op when the world stops torturing him, while blessing reinhard as a god.

Don't like that pandora is a loli either, she should have looked similar to priscilla, maybe once pandora gets that thing she wants in elior forest and gains a power up she will transform? We can only hope.

@Pegasus

Hold up we ain't getting the main waifu back? WHAT THE F*** Ty for the explanation. How many arcs did the anime cover?

@Zero

I'd still smash

And yea WOOO team op Subaru ftw!

@Aizen It's just my theory, the whole point of arc 6 is to go the sage tower in order to find a way to wake up rem but see if that happens besides from just revenge, there isn't really a huge motive for subaru to hunt down the archbishops of gluttony anymore, before he needed to cause they had rem's memories, so i theorize while rem will indeed wake up in arc 6, she will have no memories, and subaru has to defeat the bishops to get them back.

Anime covers arc 1 to 3, it didn't finish arc 3 though, still had to go through rem and crusch being ambushed by ley and regulus, with rem ending up being comatose, crusch arm being cut off by regulus, and losing her memories, and subaru finding out about rem and immediately killing himself, so yea some crazy stuff was left.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, re zero is filled with dark themes, not in an edgy way though, more in a this is messed up and hard to watch but i still want to continue watching way.

Seriously i can point you to the a couple what if stories, in the ayamasu if subaru goes evil joins the witch cult, becomes friends with elsa and meli and kills all the other archbishops, and burned the kingdom to the ground cause he loved emilia and wanted her to be the ruler so he pretty much eliminated her competition, he made himself the villain so emilia could kill him, the guy who burned the country to the ground, thus making her the one who saved the kingdom.

And then you have the echidna if were subaru forms a contract with echidna and abuses rbd to high hell, dies multiple times to beat elsa, tries hundreds of times to send felt away to another country so emilia's faction can get reinhard, and hundreds of times reinhard catches on to his plot and kills him. Emilia is completely broken and dependent on subaru, and subaru kills himself just cause someone he cares for wanted to know what the weather would be like today, so he has elsa kill him everytime he wants to use rbd.

I can go into details about messed up stuff from the main series too if you want, like emilia's backstory, or the true identity of roswaal.

@Pegasus

Go for it. Tell me all the messed up stuff. Not who Roswaal really is though if it's THAT big of a thing. Like if it's a huge WTF moment I'd rather hold on that. But any messed up disturbing shit go for it.

Also, imagine Subaru having to kill Satella but struggling because she looks like Emilia. I feel like that's gonna be huge in the end

1st, you do realize you're spoiling the plot for the anime-only watchers. And 2nd, is no one here talks about Ricardo?! I'm feeling dead on the inside...

@Aizen Well who roswaal is, is massive so i guess i won't say that, but everything else i will say is pretty massive too so don't know what i should tell you, emilia's backstory? Beatrice's backstory? Ram and roswaal's twisted relationship? Felix's backstory?

Guess i will go on the safe side and tell you what happened after betelguese died. After he died, the archbishop of wrath sirius romi-conti who is obsessed with betelguese burned down an entire village and while people were burning alive, was crying because the man she loved, betelguese was killed, so she decided that they should become one, and she ate betelguese's remains. In between that regulus archbishop of greed called her and said he was sad betelguese died, but sirius was saying how he didn't feel more said, regulus got pissed and said if she was in front of him he would kill her, and instead kills one of his wives, yea this dude has a harem of like 78 women and he kills them off on wins, he has had over 300 ppl in his harem over the years but only 78 are alive.

I guess i could also tell you about the time emilia went batshit insane, after failing the trials (an important thing in arc 4), basically emilia saw her past over and over, and because it was too traumatice, she was mind broken, subaru went to the place where she was taking the trials but subaru was basically already on the brink of death, the great rabbit (one of the 3 great mabeast) had already ate a couple of his fingers and what not so he basically wanted to see emilia before he died, so he sees emilia who is clearly abnormal atm, she says nothing about subaru's grotesque appearance, gives him a lap pillow and confesses that she loves him, and while subaru and her and being eaten alive by the great rabbit, she kisses subaru ignoring the fact that she is being eaten alive.

@Howling I always put that this thread will definetly contain spoilers when i make the threads, but zero didn't do that here, so anime onlys read this thread at their own risk really.

You are honestly the biggest ricardo fanboy i have come across, he isn't really that popular with other ppl cause he hasn't had that much screen time, i am surprised he even has such a big fan.

No, you see roswaal took rem and ram in after the oni village was destroyed, ram acted older than her age ie drinking with the adults and she is pretty smart. You can read the ram and rem backstory here to see what i am going to talk about and it's touch on in arc 4 too.

Essentially ram as a 8 year old fell in love with roswaal, and even went as far as trying to kiss him, of course roswaal rejected her but she loves him and doesn't mind if he uses her, she knows he is just using her to fulfil his goals but she doesn't care. And she knows he knew the oni village was going to attacked by the witch cult but did nothing, but instead of hating him she loves him.

Even roswaal thought she was also just using him, but he found out she loved him. But yea basically their relationship is toxic as hell, easily the worst relationship in re zero, everyone thinks it's unhealthy, even after ram found out about roswaal's plans which lets just say weren't anything good, she still loves the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back