• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rayman General Discussion Thread

I want to know what everyone thinks about this.

Let's say Rayman is fighting a villain that has energy absorption and they try to use it on Rayman. Would that affect him considering that he's a combination of Lums?

Last edited:
I want to know what everyone thinks about this.

Let's say Rayman is fighting a villain that has energy absorption and they try to use it on Rayman. Would that affect him considering that he's a combination of Lums?
It may be possible, though I’m not 100% sure. Also worth noting that many of Rayman’s powers were granted by Silver Lums made by fairies, according to Rayman 2. And those powers have been very easily removed as shown by Mr. Dark stealing them or the Heart of the World being destroyed.

Just to clarify, I'm asking if Rayman himself would get absorbed.
I’m gonna guess no. Rayman doesn‘t really show the same properties of Lums despite being made of them AFAIK. Otherwise, a villain like Andre for instance would be able to manipulate his body, since Andre’s whole thing was corrupting other Lums into Black Lums.

It looks more like a vortex ala Doctor Who but alright

Average distance between stars is 5 ly

Video runs at 30 fps, and it takes two frames for the "starry trails" to leave the screen.

2/30 = 0.0666666667 seconds

5 ly per 0.0666666667 s = 7.0953963e17 m/s (2.36676945e9 times lightspeed, Massively FTL+)
Kinda reminds me of warp drive/hyperdrive from Star Trek or Star Wars. If it does count, it could make for a good supporting feat (Our fastest speed calc being 9.47410e+9x SoL attack speed for the constellation feat).

Guys, I have a question about the Rayman respect thread on Reddit. Does he actually have resistance to mind manipulation? The link just shows the fight with the luchador.

That seems reasonable to me (especially given the attack speed we currently have). I do want to get other people's opinions on the Razorbeard spaceflight feat though, so maybe a revision thread should be made.
I'm referring to the fact that characters like Rayman, Globox, Razorbeart etc. can react to each other's attacks.

I'm personally mixed on the Razorbeard feat. I think it's legit, but I don't recall a time where Razorbeard has reacted to something while flying.

What about the feat of Rabbids dodging space debris? I think that would be a good reaction speed feat that everyone could scale to.
I agree that one is probably the better direct reaction feat. But even then, I don’t think the Razorbeard feat should be downplayed. So both should be talked about in a CRT.

Also, as a side note, I still think Power Absorption should be in optional equipment for Rayman. It’s only used in one mini game, and Rayman uses a missile like projectile in which we are given no indication that it’s a special type of power Rayman uses, which makes me lean towards non-standard equipment.

Last edited:
I agree that one is probably the better direct reaction feat. But even then, I don’t think the Razorbeard feat should be downplayed. So both should be talked about in a CRT.

Also, as a side note, I still think Power Absorption should be in optional equipment for Rayman. It’s only used in one mini game, and Rayman uses a missile like projectile in which we are given no indication that it’s a special type of power Rayman uses, which makes me lean towards non-standard equipment.
I'm not trying to downplay the Razorbeard feat at all. I'm just unsure if it should actually scale to their reaction speed. But I agree with you that both should be talked about in a CRT.

Rayman wasn't shown to have any specific equipment when using the projectile, so I don't really think it should be considered Optional Equipment. But if everyone else thinks it should be Optional Equipment, then I don't have a problem with it.

I do want to say though, we just got done with a rather big CRT that we have been working on for the past several months. So some of the supporters may be tired at the moment (speaking for myself at least :p ). So I apologize if new Rayman changes happen slowly. I will be happy to help out if you want to continue work on the verse; I just wanted to let you know.

Last edited:
I'd like to know something. I've heard claims that Rayman's television in RRR: TV Party contains a universe inside of it. Is there any evidence to back this up?

Last edited:
I'd like to know something. I've heard claims that Rayman's television in RRR: TV Party contains a universe inside of it. Is there any evidence to back this up.
Well, the tv dimension that the Rabbids were inside of was shown to have the Sun and other stars inside of it (as shown in the delirious divebombers minigame). I’m not sure if there is any other evidence within the game itself.

Last edited:
Well, the tv dimension that the Rabbids were inside of was shown to have the Sun and other stars inside of it (as shown in the delirious divebombers minigame). I’m not sure if there is any other evide within the game itself.
So if the Rabbids destroyed the tv, wouldn't that make them 4-A at the very least?

So if the Rabbids destroyed the tv, wouldn't that make them 4-A at the very least?
After thinking about it some more and checking the Rabbids’ profiles, I realized that I previously considered the Rabbids entering the tv a type of Immersion. Which basically means that the dimension isn’t literally contained inside the tv, but that Rabbids were transported to a fictional realm where they make their own tv shows. That may need to be fact checked but that’s my current explanation of what happened in that game.

After thinking about it some more and checking the Rabbids’ profiles, I realized that I previously considered the Rabbids entering the tv a type of Immersion. Which basically means that the dimension isn’t literally contained inside the tv, but that Rabbids were transported to a fictional realm where they make their own tv shows. That may need to be fact checked but that’s my current explanation of what happened in that game.
Wouldn't that still make them 4-A if they did create the show?

Wouldn't that still make them 4-A if they did create the show?
Here’s what it says in the marketing for the game:
“First they invaded your world and, now your TV. The Rabbids have taken over almost every channel you can imagine, from music to movies, from wrestling to reality TV - even TV ads. In Story Mode, players play through a week of television, with each day bringing new wacky challenges of skill and insane movements in a compilation of mini-games. With up to eight players in turn-based mode and four players simultaneously, get ready for some serious insanity as you and all your friends help the Rabbids destroy all our daily viewing and drive Rayman crazy in the process.”

So at least from that standpoint, they are invading existing tv shows it seems like.

Random but funny fact that I happened to notice: there are 3 different varieties of weaponized washing machines in the Rayman/Rabbids universe. There is the flying washing machine Space Mama uses in Rayman 1, there are the Lavomatrix Hoodlums from Rayman 3 that use modified washing machine suits, and also the Rabbids who use time traveling washing machines in Rabbids in Time and other games.

Last edited:
I posted the Razorbeard feat in a blog, so it can be evaluated.

Also, no promises on a profile creation since this was mostly done for practice, but using paint.net I tried to make a proper Super Ed Tonic Trouble render from an ad for the game.
x1RHaR9.png

Back