• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rayman General Discussion Thread

Okay so "at least City level to Multi-Continent level, possibly Dwarf Star level" for Rabbids

Rayman punks them and to him they're more like annoyances, especially when compared to the robot pirates or the hoodlums, so they're weaker, but still somewhat comparable to him. Up to a certain point Rabbids stopped being part of Rayman's canon with one of the Rabbids sequels so the Rayman Origins feat probably shouldn't apply to them.

Either that or we start separating the Raymans, since R2 Rayman scales to a Small City level feat, R3 Rayman scales to the Rabbids and Origins/Legends Rayman scales to the Moody Clouds and constellation feats (up to you guys)

Last edited:
Okay so "at least City level to Multi-Continent level, possibly Dwarf Star level" for Rabbids

Rayman punks them and to him they're more like annoyances, especially when compared to the robot pirates or the hoodlums, so they're weaker, but still somewhat comparable to him. Up to a certain point Rabbids stopped being part of Rayman's canon with one of the Rabbids sequels so the Rayman Origins feat probably shouldn't apply to them.

Either that or we start separating the Raymans, since R2 Rayman scales to a Small City level feat, R3 Rayman scales to the Rabbids and Origins/Legends Rayman scales to the Moody Clouds and constellation feats (up to you guys)
That feel when Rayman's plunger gun is possibly Dwarf Star level

"at least City level to Multi-Continent level, possibly Dwarf Star level" sounds good to me. I'm still a bit iffy about separating the game version of Rayman into different canons, since Ubisoft really has made very few statements on canon as far as I can see. Unless you just mean separating the the versions of Rayman to make the pages more organized.

It's not that Ubisoft hasn't made many statements on canonicity, it's that the canon is wonky as heck.

Like there will be implications that characters are from this or that or their personalities will change, but then they'll alter things and it will be made more confusing if the game in question is a sequel or a whole reboot or completely unrelated or what.

We can either treat each game's cast separately or keep it together since not much thought went into the series' canon as a whole, I'm fine with either.

"at least City level to Multi-Continent level, possibly Dwarf Star level" sounds good to me.
This can probably be applied already, then

We have no other calcs left, I don't think

It's not that Ubisoft hasn't made many statements on canonicity, it's that the canon is wonky as heck.

Like there will be implications that characters are from this or that or their personalities will change, but then they'll alter things and it will be made more confusing if the game in question is a sequel or a whole reboot or completely unrelated or what.

We can either treat each game's cast separately or keep it together since not much thought went into the series' canon as a whole, I'm fine with either.
I'm fine with whatever everyone wants to do as well. Another option is we could subdivide Rayman's profile according to what he can do in different games (similar to Sora's profile for example). But again, whatever everyone wants to do.

On a minor note, do you think we should change the names for André's and Rabbids' profiles? I was thinking André (Rayman), and White Rabbid might be more fitting (or maybe just simply Rabbid idk)

I'm fine with "André (Rayman)", but the Rabbids page's title can remain as it is, they're known mainly as Rabbids (in English at least) and the page represents all of them.

Also, since there were considerations of a Rayman TV profile, I guess one could be made for this comic as well.

Last edited:
(notices an animated Rayman profile on Dark-Carioca's sandbox and lack of abilities besides Flight)
Maybe that whole hand thing such as doing tricks (rabbit ears behind Razorbeard's head) and rescuing Flips in the first two episodes would count as Body Control?

Last edited:
lol I see someone's been keeping track of my edits

Yeah I'm working on at least two other Rayman profiles, one for the failed TV series and another for the four-page comic. Vastly weaker than OG Rayman for sure, but there's nothing wrong with adding a little more diversity. And hey, it stops these weird entries in the franchise from being so obscure.

I'll add Body Control

Also, found the stream with the official height for Rayman = 1.6 m, so slightly taller than Mario's life-size statue but a good deal taller than his Odyssey height and Sonic's canon height, to compare with other gaming mascots.

Last edited:
Great job on the profile.

The irony is it might be easier to find versus matchups for those iterations of Rayman than the original.

Probably. A shame the two other Raymen aren't more distinct, but maybe with any luck in the future we can find another obsucre incarnation, or a new game is made in a new continuity or something, reboots and reimaginings being quite common these days and whatnot (unless we make a profile for something like Rayman Mini).

Would Rayman being literally bounced like a ball in the comic translate into any abilities?

Rayman Mini seems like its still pretty close to the Origins/Legends games from what I've seen. I am not aware of any other incarnations of Rayman otherwise (unless you count Tonic Trouble :p).

Last edited:
Getting bounced by a ball would count as Elasticity at least, don't know what else.

The alien from Tonic Trouble getting a profile would be interesting. There's also Soul Hunters and Brawlhalla, and while those are crossovers the latter has a plot behind it.

Dodging something generally doesn't make you as fast as the thing you're dodging, only partially as fast.

Does anyone have a source for Rayman's canonicity to Brawlhalla and viceversa? Or is it in a text somewhere in the game?

Does anyone have a source for Rayman's canonicity to Brawlhalla and viceversa? Or is it in a text somewhere in the game?
A few things.

He's a character with his own storyline, which none of the other crossover characters have. It seems to have been continued with the previous storyline.

Rayman​

Champion of the Glade of Dreams​

“Long ago the Primordial Forest, deep and mysterious, witnessed the birth of a man… a vegetable… no, no, no: a thingamajig. Conjured from the magnificent moonbeams of the second summer solstice, woven together by us, the nymphs, destined to preserve the equilibrium of the sacred universe, the one we call: Rayman!”” – Betilla the Fairy, Origins

“Have you seen the new guy? Things are getting weird around here.”
“You’re an actual cat.”
“That’s fair.”
– Asuri and Jhala

The Glade of Dreams is once again under threat from the nefarious Mr. Dark, and once again, Polokus, the Bubble Dreamer, has called upon Rayman to save the day. From Polokus, Rayman learned that the only way to defeat Mr. Dark was to find the lost Horn of Lums.

Setting forth on his quest, Rayman ventured deep, deep into the forest. One day, after long travel and many adventures, Rayman emerged into a wide clearing. High on a hill he saw the huge golden hall and heard the roar of a vast crowd. Entering, Rayman was met by the sight of the Grand Tournament of Valhalla in full swing. Among the throng of cheering spectators, Rayman saw the god Odin wearing a “Sentinel #1” baseball cap and a Sir Roland jersey (it was 2v2s-day). Next to Odin sat the Tournament’s glorious pile of prizes. Sitting on top of the pile was the Horn of Lums.

Without hesitation, Rayman entered the tournament. That he would be battling the greatest warriors of every time and place bothered him not at all, and he quickly showed himself to be one of the best. But even for Rayman, victory will not come easy.

Rayman is fighting hard to win the Horn and complete his quest, but he also loves the wild ruckus of Valhalla, and feels right at home among the bizarre cast of legendary warriors. He is especially good friends with Kaya and has a truly amazing handshake with Kor that only they can do.
1600px-Rayman_Lore_Brawlhalla.jpg

He has talked in other characters' lore.
“A hundred lost souls in an empty suit of armor? It’s getting weirder around here.”
“Your hands don’t attach to your body.”
“True.”
– Rayman and Asuri at lunch

He's lore is referenced in the official Brawlhalla Launch Trailer.
Among the throng of cheering spectators, Rayman saw the god Odin wearing a “Sentinel #1” baseball cap and a Sir Roland jersey (it was 2v2s-day). Next to Odin sat the Tournament’s glorious pile of prizes. Sitting on top of the pile was the Horn of Lums.
And in the launch trailer, Sentinel and Sir Roland were on the same team against Teros and Ember.

And he was only added after Ubisoft (Rayman's company) acquired BMG (Brawlhalla's Developers)

So yeah he seems canon

A few things.

He's a character with his own storyline, which none of the other crossover characters have. It seems to have been continued with the previous storyline.

1600px-Rayman_Lore_Brawlhalla.jpg

He has talked in other characters' lore.

He's lore is referenced in the official Brawlhalla Launch Trailer.

And in the launch trailer, Sentinel and Sir Roland were on the same team against Teros and Ember.

And he was only added after Ubisoft (Rayman's company) acquired BMG (Brawlhalla's Developers)

So yeah he seems canon

Excellent, thank you very much

Okay, Brawlhalla Rayman has been added

All that's left is Comic Rayman whose calc needs to be evaluated

Back