• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ok so we're back at it again with Rakudai revisions, this time again it is a decently big one. So due to being many character who could use a full rework, it would be too much to do them all in one CRT, so this time around the only character who will be receiving an overhaul to his profile is Ikki Kurogane. So here you can find the draft for his profile, well do not look at the stats as they are not complete nor do I intend to complete them, not really needed. But the powers and abilities, summary, notable attack and techniques, weaknesses, intelligence feats section etc are not placeholders, they are what will be on the profiles. While there aren't many aditions in the literal sense, the profile is a lot more complete and understandable than the first, however the most important additions and changes will be discussed here. But before we go onto Ikki we first have to discuss the speed and AP Ratings.

AP

First Key/Selection battles arc
The best feat to scale from here would be Shizuku's Low 7-C feat of vaporizing ice. The ranking system really helps with this as a side help along other possible scaling feats. So the scaling here would be.

Stella Vermillio (Scales considerably higher than Shizuku, in terms of magic capacity she's a god tier, even Edelweiss the strongest character in the series said that she has less magic capacity than Stella)

Ikki Kurogane (By scaling from Stella, but considerably lower), with his Ittou Forms scaling from multipliers of whatever is accepted down below.

Then the rest of the people who can scale from Ikki.

Second Key/SSSAF arc
From the infamous Ouma calc which took way longer than needed, the AP rating would be 7-A for those who scale to Ouma, and not many people will really scale above that. Only very special cases will go above that, but I could do the scaling here or you can leave it to me, idm either way. To 7-A scale:

Ouma Kurogane, Base Ikki Kurogane, Stella Vermillio (very losely, because she scales from Ikki instead of Ouma), these are from the students. Obviously besides these guys there are the god tiers like Nene Saikyou, Kurono Shinguuji, Edelweiss, likely Wallenstei (likely this guy because he is really stupid strong with his friction hax, but he should be at least as strong as ouma),

Speed
So currently the best speed feat would be scaling from Touka Toudou's Raikiri. And the reason that is so, is because she can swing and move "at the speed of lightning". This was previously assumed to be "downward stroke" for lowballing reasons, however the show very VERY strongly implies the speed is actually the "return stroke".

Raikiri's speed

No, not disappeared. Before anyone could see it, she pierced the enemy line―she plunged toward the hub that she had discovered.

Shippu Jinrai.

Stimulating her muscles with the power of lightning, it was Touka's Noble art that increased her performance to its limit. That speed, it was undoubtedly like lightning. The stone dolls couldn't react to the abrupt change in situation at all. Simply put, wooden puppets certainly could only be caught flat-footed―

"―Raikiri!"

Within that instant, everything was decided.

With the speed of a flash, a blade of plasma was unsheathed, and the hub was bisected with a single stroke.

She spread her stance, and sent a flash of lightning into the scabbard that held Narukami. She prepared her trump card. To throw out the blow that brought down every opponent without exception. That posture of readiness to draw a sword, Touka intercepted Ikki who was approaching with coiling wind around him. She was the same as her opponent, risking everything on one slash!

The two knights put their entire bodies into it, and followed through with their slashes! The flash of lightning from the attack released by steel. The mutual strike that crossed the shortest distance―Raikiri was just slightly faster!

The flash of lighting from colliding steel. That air that was blasted away. The collision gave birth to lightning and thunder that could be witnessed hundreds of miles away, carrying away all color and sound―The flash of lighting from colliding steel. That air that was blasted away. The collision gave birth to lightning and thunder that could be witnessed hundreds of miles away, carrying away all color and sound―

Touka's blade would strike out with the sharpness of the legendary sword technique Swallow Counter, then return with unnatural speed, leaving a trail like a flash of lightning.

(For context, Raikiri is a sword draw from Touka Toudo, which uses her power of electricity to release a slash at lightning speed, however by lightning speed they greatly imply return stroke as they mention the speed of a "flash of lightning" which would be the return stroke as that's what causes the flash of lightning).
So this is the key to all speed feats from Rakudai. Due to the nature of Ikki's Ittou forms it is really easy to give all characters speed ratings based on which form of Ikki they scaled to then do the math with the multipliers and stuff. Ikki scales to his Ittou Shura form for his first key due to the fact that he was just slightly slower than Raikiri, and scales in his base form in his 2nd key from being stated by narration that he could simply dodge Raikiri in close quarters.

Devices and possibly invulnerability
Ok so, Devices are blazer weapons which are a manifestation of their own soul and magic. But due to their nature they seem to be immune to being broken.

Device's invulnerability

Wallenstein passed through the net of slashes without trouble and held the long sword aloft,

― Hmph!

He brought it down, aiming at Or=Gaule.

However, the impregnable barrier where no bullet went through was deployed by the threads, by Or=Gaule's Device, surrounding him. Even when it was a hit that cut the mountains open, it was impossible for Wallenstein to cut the Device of the《Desperado》Or=Gaule who surpassed him in magical powers; that sword that came downward was prevented by the spiderweb.
This scene in particular very well explains that devices cannot be broken even if the AP gap is too large even if it is using a pseudo durability negating ability (like Wallenstei's friction manipulation). The series even goes as far as to mention "even if it was a hit that cut the mountains open it cannot cut through Or=Gaule's device cus he has more magical power". And the only case where a device was broken was when Stella Vermillio (who had 30x more magic power than normal blazers) fought some mid tier guy and broke his sword (stella had a MASSIVE magic power advantage), and the other case is Ikki fighting Touka. This case is a bit weirder as Touka is a B rank, while Ikki is an F rank. However Ikki broke her sword when using Ittou Rasetsu which makes him use all his magic in one attack, and from the perspective of a viewer it seems like his magic capacity increases. So when using Ittou Rasetsu his current magic usage FAR exceeds B-Rank.

So all in all, Devices are immune to attacks that use less magic than the user's limit of magic. And by immune in this case i mean cannot be broken. This is a mechanical invulnerability so you can decide up to what level this would be but, given that it is using magic and not durability to resist even attacks that negate durability, it seems pretty safe to assume the NLF button can be pressed here.

Conceptual Manipulation
Many characters in Rakudai have conceptual manipulation, however very limited versions of it. Stella Vermillio for example has the conceptual ability of "dragon" she conceptually inherits the trait of "dragon" from metabolism, to stats, body heat, Regenerationn and more. Other characters like Byakuya Jougasaki has the conceptual manipulation of "placement". His ability manipulates the concept of "position" so that he can change the position of everything he touches. Ayase Ayatsuji has the conceptual manipulation of "wound" she can leave wounds she can then open anytime, and due to the fact that her ability is "conceptual manipulation of wound" she can leave wounds in well...everything, including being able to leave wounds on space itself. Sara Bloodlily has conceptual manipulation of "image", except the definition of "image" in this case is a bit wide as it includes color, as not only can she apply ideas to anything she puts color on, like using Aqua blue for water, gray for steel, white or yellow for light etc, but she was stated to be able to "manipulate any concept she draws" as such she was able to draw a "target mark" and that made attacks that were aimed on her to attack the target instead. But you get the point, the "conceptual manipulation" is so heavily implied that it even has a system of its own being one of the 4 basic systems of Noble arts:

"Body Enhancement" (like Ittou Shura)

"Nature Interference" (like Ouma Kurogane's wind manipulation]]

"Conceptual Manipulation" (like the examples i gave above)

"Causality Manipulation" (Which is extremely rare, only having a few users like Amane Shinomiya, Utakata Misogi, Kurono Shinguuji and Edelweiss)

So the people who do have the Conceptual Manipulation are: Ayase Ayatsuji (Wound)

Byakuya Jougasaki (Placement or Space)

Nagi Arisui (Shadow)

Sara Bloodlily (Image)

Stella Vermillio (Dragon)

And that's it. Those are the guys who benefit from the conceptual manipulation as a nature of their abilities from the people who do have a profile. However there is one more person who does gain this bonus and that is Ikki Kurogane. I will talk about him below.

Oikage

Oikage's Slash Concept

Being one with his sword, believing in his sword, surpassing his limits to arrive here…

Even his own shadow could not keep up with this strike's extreme speed.

He was the concept of a slash incarnate.

The goal of so many people, the peak they pursued.

This final strike, combining the phenomenon and the awe it inspired, would be called thusly by people:

Final secret sword- Oikage.
So I know, that "concept of slash reincarnate" needs more context due to being rather vague and the fact that it can take a meaning from durability negation to abstract existence and i did bring such context. At base level (the lowest assumption) would mean that Ikki can negate durability with this slash, and that is shown to be the case because when he fights Iris later on on the series they said "He was able to cut through Iris' armor like butter". Iris' armor uses the concept of "indomitable" (conceptual manipulation power) and Ikki could not cut through that armor throughout the whole fight, as soon as he uses Oikage, he "cuts through it like butter". Basic durability negation. Furthermore this ability will gain "Causality Manip death hax" because as stated by the translators "he can reinforce the causation of death on his intetsu to kill Iris in a single swing".

Ittou Forms
First of all is his Ittou Shura and Ittou Rasetsu form which have been treated as 10x and 100x boosts to all his stats respectively. However that is...not...correct. Actually more than not correct, it is a completely baseless multiplier. For the sake of this revision I re read the entirety of the series from beginning to end and never, in a single case did i find any quote that supports the "10x" and "100x". The true statements are "several dozen times" and "many hundred fold".

Ittou Shura

If he wanted to close the gap anyway, he couldn't be normal any longer. He had no choice but to become a Shura. Ikki didn't avert his eyes from that truth. Focusing on this realization, he had discovered a way. To surpass talent, he could no longer leave any strength unused.

One minute was enough. It was fine to ignore what happened afterward, but for one minute he'd become strong enough to beat anyone.

That was the answer Ikki Kurogane found, so that his greatest weakness can defeat another's greatest strength. Intentionally using all of his vigor and stamina after breaking through his limits, it was a Noble Art that brought out all of his meager power for little more than one minute and multiplies that power several dozen times.
Ittou Rasetsu

Losing strength, Ikki's body leaned languidly on her. Even though he was breathing… it was terribly weak. She could tell he was in a dangerous condition with a glance.

And furthermore Stella noticed it. Ikki's entire body, it was bleeding underneath his clothes. The body he had strengthened many hundred-fold. It was already beyond the range that a human body could withstand.

If I don't take him to the infirmary quickly….
So to decide on how much exactly "several dozens" and "many hundred" were I, not only asked some people including admins to give me their opinion, but also checked the definitions of "several" and "many". And from the results i got from the definitions and people i asked the best assumption would be 4 or 5 (for several) and for "many" the definitions said "unknown but more than several" and it even gave an example of "in a total of 10, many would be at the very least 5, but it could mean 6, 7, 8 or 9". So I will leave it to you which of these assumptions would be best to use in each case. So for each skill we have:

Ittou Shura: Several "dozens". So 4 or 5 x 12 which = 48 or 60. Depending on what's decided for the "several" the level of boost from Ittou Shura will be either 48x or 60x. It is likely also important to note that the show uses several in cases like "he was knocked several meters away after tanking a strong attack".

Ittou Rasetsu: Many "hundred". It would most likely go for 5 or 6 (at the very least), depending on what we decide for the "several" the absolute worst lowball would be used here (so what we decide for several + 1) to give the result which would be 500x or 600x. I will leave that up for discussion.

With all due respect, what the actual **** are you doing?

Firephoenixearl said:
From the infamous Ouma calc which took way longer than needed, the AP rating would be 7-A for those who scale to Ouma.
It didn't get accepted. You asked Ant if Bambu closing the thread meant it was accepted, he told you to go ask Bambu, and you haven't done so. Unless you've secretly asked him on Discord about it? But I couldn't find anything indicating that.

You just shoving the CRT through without asking him about it, especially when the calc was universally rejected by calc-group and near-universally by staff, seems insanely shady to me.

Excuse me if I'm wrong and you did ask him, but still, you should link to something like that over a calc so controversial.

Uhm, you could have just asked you know. You don't jump to conclusions "with all due respect".

I did ask Bambu, why did you think i waited till today, and didn't post it yesterday. These are Bambu's words:

Me: Is this you saying "your case is not calc stacking"?

Bambu:

As I told you before. I know next to nil about your case. But you describing using explicitly mentioned speed to calc KE of a projectile is not using the results of one calc to apply to another.

This is the last statement I am giving on your case.

Understand?

That post is me telling you to stop wasting time.

So stop wasting time.

From the thread where he said that your calc wasn't acceptable, and that it wasn't calc stacking.

Him saying that it's not calc stacking isn't saying that it's acceptable...

I will agree with almost everything, except the AP, as much as I like to agree with this from what I understood the calc was rejected.

I would prefer using the low-ball of the Ittou forms (48x and 500x), because I'm not too sure of using the highest multiplier.

It's really up in the air, some accept it, some don't, some are unsure. Once bambu wakes up we will ask him again.

Also it's not the highest. Many = 5 is absolute lowest by dictionary, where as 6, 7 and above are more likely, with 9 being the highest. Several can mean anything from 4 to 7 in our case. So neither of those are "highest" just "high-er". It just depends on what the admins deem "more likely".

First key or 2nd key?

First key people mostly scale to shizuku's calc. Stella being above, ikki being somewhat weaker and then the rest of the scaling, just add multipliers.

That's because I made sure it was very well hidden though it was accepted already.

Edit By two calc group members and Ant approved

Ok so i found both. Stella's Low 7-C is in the 2nd key, and that would be best to be avoided as world class mages were around the venue to minimise damage, so that result is actually unreal as it's much lower than it would be. But Low 7-C Shizuku seems ok.

I agree with the first key AP, but I think that was obvious. In the second key, while I agree with 7-A, it is up to the admins to accept it.

Tony is right, my eyes has been opened so now I disagree with this wank. Ikki is 9-A at best and his Ittou forms are only a small stat amp. And the conceptual stuff is only flowery language.

it's amazing how he instadebunked everything just by saying it's wank. I have much to learn. Tony teach me your ways

Agnaa said:
I asked Bambu and he clarified that he hasn't accepted the calc.
The calc itself was accepted by the rest of the calc members. We talked about this this morning. It's just a case of is it calc stacking or not Bambu clarified that he thinks it's not calc stacking. Also pls reword, the way you said that sounds as if bambu is rejecting the calc. He has not checked the calc he's just helping with the calc stacking issue.

It wasn't accepted by the rest of the calc group members.

DMUA accepted it as long as it's not inconsistent.

However, Spinosaurus rejected it and AidenBrooks rejected it.

Sorry about my wording. Bambu didn't reject the calc he just never evaluated it. But you're just flat out factually incorrect with saying the rest of the calc members accepted it. 3 evaluated, 1 accepted, 2 rejected.

2 rejected because of calc stacking. If we don't factor in calc stacking, everyone has agreed that the math is correct, including tata hakai. Spin and Aiden do agree on the math, they Bold textjust believe it's calc stacking. That's why im saying "the calc is agreed upon, the cslc stacking part of it is not."

Back