• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
raiden metal gear vs annoying orange

speed equal, post mgr raiden, base orange

both have prior knowledge from rap battling each other, but only from rap battling each other

who wins

Annoying Orange: 1

Raiden:

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
I don't know much about Orange, but he has higher AP, Madness Manip, Toon Force and can multiply himself. Meanwhile all Raiden has is Dura neg and experience - and the latter shouldn't matter since he never fought against... whatever the hell Annoying Orange is.

Idk how Raiden is supposed to win this

Speed and amps are equalized, idk why i would be misinterpreting something
If you have a character who is light speed but has an amp that makes them FTL+ then they get speed equalized and face a character who is supersonic, they both get supersonic base speed. But the light speed character's amp doesn't make them FTL+ again. It just makes them 10x speed of supersonic since it originally made them 10x speed of SoL.

If you have a character who is light speed but has an amp that makes them FTL+ then they get speed equalized and face a character who is supersonic, they both get supersonic base speed. But the light speed character's amp doesn't make them FTL+ again. It just makes them 10x speed of supersonic since it originally made them 10x speed of SoL.
Thanks

I don't know much about Orange, but he has higher AP, Madness Manip,
Nanomachines actually help against that, Psycho Mantis for example has passive madness manip by the time of MGS1, he also has a bunch of tech that helps control his thoughts, focus, and so on, even as far back as MGS2 (hell even Snake as far back as in MGS1 had a less advanced form of nanos that helped regulate stuff).
but he has higher AP
Type 2 immortality, automatic healing on critical damage (up to 5 iirc) and nanopaste mitigate that, as long as Raiden isn't like instantly obliterated into tiny shrapnel he can survive even that too for a bit, just can't come back from it or do anything really. Also just, skill *******, bro ain't touching Raiden and it isn't like Raiden hasn't fought swarms of weird ball-shaped enemies (dwarf gekkos come to mind).
Meanwhile all Raiden has is Dura neg and experience - and the latter shouldn't matter since he never fought against... whatever the hell Annoying Orange is.
Shouldn't matter, he one shots with any HF weapon, which he has a bunch, including long-ranged ones well one long ranged but still.
hes not bloodlusted but i think he abuses speed amps in character anyways
Definitely does, speed amp comes into play when he assassinates, counters, deflects, etc, and can also be used manually whenever, given how many QTE's in boss fights have blade mode proc automatically, whether that be Mistral grabbing him and so on, well yeah, Raiden spams that shit in basically every interaction he possibly can have.

Raiden speed amps and slices himself an orange FRA.
Speed is equalized in base form and doesn't account for speed amps. If one character is hypersonic and another supersonic and both are equalized to supersonic, if the hypersonic character has a 4x amp then he can use the same amp to become 4x supersonic in the match.

Raiden speed amps and slices himself an orange FRA.
Speed is equalized in base form and doesn't account for speed amps. If one character is hypersonic and another supersonic and both are equalized to supersonic, if the hypersonic character has a 4x amp then he can use the same amp to become 4x supersonic in the match.
well yeah but that's the obvious answer

Yeah it seems like he could regen past being diced, but it looks like it comes from scaling to Pear, but it doesn't seem like there's an actual reason for that scaling.

cant orange regen or does hf blade negate that somehow
Unless it's good enough to come back from being sliced into thin ribbons, like actually thousands upon thousands of pieces, then no, not really.

Would also like to point out Raiden has other weapons like a 2m volt sword that stuns and shuts down neural networks.

Speed amps means nothing here, as they apply to them both due to Speed equalization rules. See this thread.

Nanomachines actually help against that, Psycho Mantis for example has passive madness manip by the time of MGS1, he also has a bunch of tech that helps control his thoughts, focus, and so on, even as far back as MGS2 (hell even Snake as far back as in MGS1 had a less advanced form of nanos that helped regulate stuff).
There is a big difference between resistance to empathetic manip and resistance to type 3 Madness Manip
And, by the way, Psycho Mantis doesn't have Madness Manip on his profile
Type 2 immortality, automatic healing on critical damage (up to 5 iirc) and nanopaste mitigate that, as long as Raiden isn't like instantly obliterated into tiny shrapnel he can survive even that too for a bit, just can't come back from it or do anything really. Also just, skill *******, bro ain't touching Raiden and it isn't like Raiden hasn't fought swarms of weird ball-shaped enemies (dwarf gekkos come to mind).
Bro this is a 7-B against a 6-A(or 6-B, since Orange is outdated. The difference is still there though).
It's 65 Megatons against a FREAKING 72 TERATONS
He is instantly obliterated into tiny shrapnel, and instantly destroyed. It's not even a one hit K.O., it's a one hit and Raiden ceases to exist.
Shouldn't matter, he one shots with any HF weapon, which he has a bunch, including long-ranged ones well one long ranged but still.
They both are one shotting here
However, Orange does have Toon Force, which means he could potentially just come back from the dead. I, however, am not knowledgeable on Annoying Orange, so idk what Toon Force feats he has

I-I am tired of people saying that speed amps don't matter even though they ******* do. They always have.

However, Orange does have Toon Force, which means he could potentially just come back from the dead
Toon Force page:
"While Toon Force may be prevalent in a given verse, it does not mean that all its users share the same abilities. Just like any other system of power such as Magic, unless these characters have these powers directly as a result of a certain status they share, they should only be given abilities that they have demonstrated themselves with these abilities."

I-I am tired of people saying that speed amps don't matter even though they ******* do. They always have.
Unless stated the contrary, speed altering effects will affect both combatants.

By the way, now that you said that, I remembered that 6-A Orange is because of the Hot Sauce. And Orange of the Hot Sauce has Immeasurable speed. Should he be considered the faster character then?

Toon Force page:
"While Toon Force may be prevalent in a given verse, it does not mean that all its users share the same abilities. Just like any other system of power such as Magic, unless these characters have these powers directly as a result of a certain status they share, they should only be given abilities that they have demonstrated themselves with these abilities."
They both are one shotting here
However, Orange does have Toon Force, which means he could potentially just come back from the dead. I, however, am not knowledgeable on Annoying Orange, so idk what Toon Force feats he has

Yeah I feel like y'all should call a moderator here so they can finally say that speed amps do work so we can close this match

You are still saying "because he has toon force" as a justification
Yes, because he might or might not be able to come back. As I said, idk what Toon Force feats he has. Depending on that, he could, indeed be able to come back.
I might have worded that wrong though, so my bad
Yeah I feel like y'all should call a moderator here so they can finally say that speed amps do work so we can close this match
Please do
I read two threads, one saying that speed amps works on both combatants and one saying that speed amps are only allowed if the faster character uses it(which again makes me question who is the faster character here, as 6-A orange is the Orange that drank the hot sauce and is listed as having Immeasurable speed. I'm confused, somebody help me)

Please do
I read two threads, one saying that speed amps works on both combatants and one saying that speed amps are only allowed if the faster character uses it(which again makes me question who is the faster character here, as 6-A orange is the Orange that drank the hot sauce and is listed as having Immeasurable speed. I'm confused, somebody help me)
Maybe that thread was wrong 🗿

Cause in every match I've seen, speed amps work how they're supposed to. IE, actually being a speed amp.

Back