• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've heard on the page for the Javelins of Light that a single one of those Javelins was responsible for the destruction of Ailell. However, I've heard from friends that there's no evidence regarding this and that it could have been multiple.

Where did the assumption of just one Javelin decimating Ailell come from? I know there's the 'a pillar of light' thing but I've been told that's not really valid evidence regarding just a singular missile.

Across 3 routes, it is confirmed that a single pillar of light/Javelin of light created the valley of torment. https://imgur.com/a/63fUm76 (don't have a screenshot for Silver snow).

If there were multiple javelins, it would likely be plural. Can't really see how it's not valid, since it isn't plural.

I've heard that, apparently, Gilbert is an unreliable source for that, and it's still a vague statement. They say 'a pillar' could still mean multiple as a bunch of missiles exploding together would result in a giant blast of light.

Even if Gillbert is unreliable, (he really isn't in this situation as he is deeply religious)) it is also said by both Marianne (A very religious person who should know about the legends of fodlan well), and Seteth (the archbishops second in command, and one of the surviving Nabateans, or the children of the Goddess.) it could mean multiple, but more likely than not, it's one. The game would've likely just said something along the lines of "then pillars of light rained down from the heavens" if it was multiple

Supposedly it was stated somewhere that the area of effect and trajectory of the missiles can be controlled by whoever fires them, right?

Well I don't think we can say that the area of effect can be controlled if there's nothing suggesting it can. Considering that the power level varies so greatly, I'd call it flat out inconsistency on the writers' part.

Well the profile for them states that the area of effect can be altered in the summary.

My biggest issue with scaling to the Javelins of Light is that they are very inconsistent; their destructive power is all over the place. It took two of them to destroy Fort Merceus, one of them to create Ailell, and seven of them two destroy an area equvalent to the UK.

If their power level varies so much, why are we assuming the Immaculate One scales to the highest end?

there is a "possibly" there for a reason. And I agree, JoL are pretty inconsistent in terms of power. However, I think the high end does have some stuff to back it up. For instance, Rhea was stated to be able to destroy fodlan overtime, and Fodlan is around 2/3s the size of Europe.

@ArbitraryNumbers

That's an AOE Fallacy, just because we don't see the explosions destroying mountains all the time doesn't mean they don't have the AP, it's the same reason Goku doesn't blow up planets every time he punches, this is a universal law on this site

Javelins of Light are inconsistent, but so are countless other things in fiction. And AoE fallacy is never a good thing. It's usually the best feats that are considered the most greenlighted unless it's something too over the top. But given Immaculate One being able to effortlessly destroy all of Fodlan with ease, anything less than High 6-B is something uncontroversial for top tier weapons.

Anyway, the 7-A feat was done via a single pillar of light, which the pillar of light typically flashes again for each Javelin. The Low 6-B rating is fine as a possible rating as it said that several Javelins of Light could sink a Continent.

but hat doesn't make sense though. If the city could have been destroyed by one Javalin then they wouldn't have wasted several of them. We see that it takes several of them to destroy a city. You can't just say that they were stronger than they seemed to be and they didn't need all of them.

Destructive Capacity =/= Attack Potency. It's super common in fiction for people to drop casual planet busting bombs that don't even destroy a city, or for two Solar system busters to clash with all their might without destroying the building that they were in.

They didn't use 7 to destroy a city, they used 7 over the entire story, it's the max number of them we see in a single story route

They didn't use 7 to destroy one city. They used two to destroy one of the toughest castle guarded city on the continent however. But they used 1 to destroy a valley and 7 to destroy a Continent. Only other instance is that as a last resort, Thales used 4 in an attempt to finish off Byleth and Rhea, but only just barely managed to bring Rhea down to her death.

And actually, they destroyed multiple countries with each Javelin destroying one or at least a massive portion of one.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
They didn't use 7 to destroy one city. They used two to destroy one of the toughest castle guarded city on the continent however. But they used 1 to destroy a valley and 7 to destroy a Continent. Only other instance is that as a last resort, Thales used 4 in an attempt to finish off Byleth and Rhea, but only just barely managed to bring Rhea down to her death.
And actually, they destroyed multiple countries with each Javelin destroying one or at least a massive portion of one.
citations for this?

Rtxthegamer said:
there is a "possibly" there for a reason. And I agree, JoL are pretty inconsistent in terms of power. However, I think the high end does have some stuff to back it up. For instance, Rhea was stated to be able to destroy fodlan overtime, and Fodlan is around 2/3s the size of Europe.
2/3rds the size of europe!?!

pretty sure that fodlan is nowhere near that big and the developers aren't very good at geography. The timeline of the game kind of becomes impossible if it is 2/3 the size of Europe or over 2.3 million square miles. No way in hell is fodlan that big unless everyone living there is a giant,

link to the statement .

This is literally a fantasy game where dodging arrows and lightning is a norm. The characters can just move very fast. Just look at Raphael's and Hilda's support. He literally runs to Fodlan's throat and back within a few hours at most.

Even if they didn't move that fast, it doesn't disprove the fact that Fodlan has been confirmed to be that big. In that case, its just an inconsistency on their behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back