• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem: A Quintessential Hax Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with the fate stuff, but it's clearly limited and not really combat applicable as they can still "normally" die, they're just prevented from permanently dying if they weren't meant to die that way yet (and this can easily get to a non combat applicable timeframe if they do die normally before then).

Of note is that by how it's described it doesn't exactly apply to everyone in the verse, as some are undead IIRC, and I'd be careful on using it on matches if we're going to assume a character has experience up to right before their canonical perma-death.

I'm against the type 4 acausality, not only a irregular causality system is required, but for the causality system to be also different from the normal one as detailed in the acausality page. More importantly this is all merely talking about a certain area with these attributes, rather than the characters, and it's not even treated as a safe area for the powers it'd imply or anything.

Kiran having it for other reasons is fine, although there's a clear paradox on Kiran not being in Alfaðör's design, yet having Quintessence anyways, but it could maybe be reconciled by just considering from the known details that Quintessence doesn't inherently has a fate set to begin with (as Alfaðör didn't set it here), which'd prevent Kiran in particular from having fate manip with it.

I'm fine with the fate stuff, but it's clearly limited and not really combat applicable as they can still "normally" die, they're just prevented from permanently dying if they weren't meant to die that way yet (and this can easily get to a non combat applicable timeframe if they do die normally before then).
It would only be limited if the person they are fighting was going to resurrect them afterwards or something. If there is no realistic way for the character in question to be saved, then they wouldn't die in the first place.

Of note is that by how it's described it doesn't exactly apply to everyone in the verse, as some are undead IIRC, and I'd be careful on using it on matches if we're going to assume a character has experience up to right before their canonical perma-death.
Yea, characters who are non-living will not have it, since only living beings possess Quintessence.

I'm against the type 4 acausality, not only a irregular causality system is required, but for the causality system to be also different from the normal one as detailed in the acausality page.
That means the same thing.

More importantly this is all merely talking about a certain area with these attributes, rather than the characters, and it's not even treated as a safe area for the powers it'd imply or anything.
It's the Tempest itself that has the Acausality, not the characters.

Kiran having it for other reasons is fine, although there's a clear paradox on Kiran not being in Alfaðör's design, yet having Quintessence anyways, but it could maybe be reconciled by just considering from the known details that Quintessence doesn't inherently has a fate set to begin with (as Alfaðör didn't set it here), which'd prevent Kiran in particular from having fate manip with it.
Alfaðör's design =/= Quintessence, so it's not really a paradox. It's just a universal thing that all living beings inherently possess.

I'm against the type 4 acausality, not only a irregular causality system is required, but for the causality system to be also different from the normal one as detailed in the acausality page. More importantly this is all merely talking about a certain area with these attributes, rather than the characters, and it's not even treated as a safe area for the powers it'd imply or anything.
Except it just is,
Causality just doesn't function as normal within the Tempest, that is just acausality type 4, but the main reason why this was brought up in the OP is the fact that despite causality within the Tempest not functioning as normal it is still under the purview of the twilit runes and thereby the runes and their control over fate and causality extends to things which function in irregular causality, meaning Kiran's existence outside of them means he exists outside of a system which binds even things with normal acausality type 4
Not really, you can have a fate that is set within your own system of causality without it then contradicting you existing on a system that is entirely irregular, because it is not as though you don't have a system altogether, as that then would then cause a paradox, it is that your system, within which your fate would still exist.

Agree with the thread, and this would also give all FE characters an unconventional resistance to life force manip and fate manip since their fate and life force are one and the same, think like how Anima has people's souls as also their type 1 concept and so to affect it (Quintessence in FE and Souls in Anima) you need to be able to affect both things of which they are comprised at once.
op add this to the thread rq

Actually, I will just say one thing, we should not scale all character's fate manip due to quintessence to Kiran, scale it to the Tempest if you want to, sure, but not to Kiran

Actually, I will just say one thing, we should not scale all character's fate manip due to quintessence to Kiran, scale it to the Tempest if you want to, sure, but not to Kiran
Quintessence is a universal force, so “Kiran’s” quintessence would scale to everyone, since it’s the same force of fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back