• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about dragon ball universe size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compiling all arguments:
Universe is endless
universe is infinitely expansive. (Expansive means covering an area)
Translations:

"The Darkness that stretches out into infinity and illuminates galaxies"

The Universe: "An infinite space filled with light and darkness"

yk6bqfmquuo81.png

There are boundless Galaxies

knOxJ4sl.jpg

Infinite galaxies.

Can somebody explain all of the current arguments for why you think that the Dragon Ball universe is infinite in size in an easy to understand manner please? I can ask some staff members to help evaluate it afterwards.
Compiling all arguments:
Universe is endless
Translations:

yk6bqfmquuo81.png

knOxJ4sl.jpg

Infinite galaxies.

Tbh The Dream Of Infinite Speed Will Always Stay a dream until infinite sized universe is accepted, also isn't travelling even a part of infinite still infinite?

The "Darkness" (Yami) is probably interpreted as a metaphor for space since space is black. Kinda aligns with the other scan saying " An infinite space filled with light and darkness"

I was talking about this:
I'm guessing there was never a proper blog made about Dragon Ball cosmology. I also remember one of the guidebooks with Final Form Frieza on it as a picture where it says that beyond the light of the observable universe exists a darkness that spans to infinity with countless unspeakable horrors or some shit (EDIT- NVM it's the last scan).
Has it ever been shown in the manga or in the anime

They aren't.
Seperate space times they are.
Why? Isn't it implied that the entire multiverse is a single space-time continuum? also in the manga it is mentioned that a universe is located at a very far distance, indicating a spatial connection and a finite distance.

Last edited:
Why? It is not implied that the entire multiverse is a single space-time continuum, also in the manga it is mentioned that a universe is located at a very distant distance, indicating spatial connection and finite distance.
Please

Read

Zamasu's

And keep this out of the thread. This thread isn't for spacetime shenanigans in DB Super, you wanna attempt to downgrade or upgrade DBS Cosmology, do it in a separate CRT.

Please

Read

Zamasu's

And keep this out of the thread. This thread isn't for spacetime shenanigans in DB Super, you wanna attempt to downgrade or upgrade DBS Cosmology, do it in a separate CRT.
I don't see anything in the profile that tells me that each universe is a single space-time continuum.

Also, what I mentioned is also relevant to what is discussed here.

I don't see anything in the profile that tells me that each universe is a single space-time continuum.
Just check his AP description. Better yet, read Zen'o's profile.

We straight up have rules against not considering them a space-time continuum without any new evidence. We also have rules barring further discussion of this aspect of their cosmology if you have nothing new to add to the table.

Also, what I mentioned is also relevant to what is discussed here.
No, it isn't. This thread is explicitly about the physical 3-D size of a DB Universe, it's not about 4-D space-time continuum. If you wanna talk about that, you will have to discuss it with DDM and AKM-sama first before making a separate CRT on it. Because as it stands now, the Discussion Rules explicitly state the following:
  • Do not attempt to change the current Dragon Ball cosmology and power ratings without new evidence from an ongoing manga or anime series. We have heard all of the arguments many times before, and are so exhausted of constantly dealing with those topics that bringing them up recurrently leads to nowhere, with the discussion threads being oftentimes closed immediately.

Last edited:
I believe the infinite size was also mentioned in a guidebook, and only holds true in Z anime, Toei, and GT

I'll ask YBKK on discord though, as with my memory, this is far from my strong point

We already went over the universal stuff, please keep it out of the thread. Also what is there even to argue that hasn't already been addressed for the umpteenth time?
Honestly nothing tbh, the topic of the universe’s size has definitely been discussed over a dozen times.

Just check his AP description. We straight up have rules against not considering them a space-time continuum without any new evidence. We also have rules barring further discussion of this aspect of their cosmology if you have nothing new to add to the table.
He merged with the universe and was affecting an alternate timeline. ?
I'm just asking why they are separate space-time continuums since they mention it here.
No, it isn't. This thread is explicitly about the physical 3-D size of a DB Universe, it's not about 4-D space-time continuum. If you wanna talk about that, you will have to discuss it with DDM and AKM-sama first before making a separate CRT on it. Because as it stands now, the Discussion Rules explicitly state the following:
  • Do not attempt to change the current Dragon Ball cosmology and power ratings without new evidence from an ongoing manga or anime series. We have heard all of the arguments many times before, and are so exhausted of constantly dealing with those topics that bringing them up recurrently leads to nowhere, with the discussion threads being oftentimes closed immediately.
There is a statement that says that a universe is very far from the earth, therefore it is a point against the universe of infinite size.

We already went over the universal stuff, please keep it out of the thread. Also what is there even to argue that hasn't already been addressed for the umpteenth time?
Compiling all arguments:
Universe is endless
Translations:

yk6bqfmquuo81.png

knOxJ4sl.jpg

Infinite galaxies.
Have a look here. I believe there are new arguments.

He merged with the universe and was affecting an alternate timeline. ?
I'm just asking why they are separate space-time continuums since they mention it here.
Zen'o's profile states as much:

"Note: We consider the universes in Dragon Ball alternate time-spaces relative to each other, hence why Zen'ō is rated as 2-C, despite the events in the Goku Black Saga showing parallel timelines encompassing the whole of the multiverse.

The reason for this is that Universe 7 by itself has already been shown to contain parallel space-time continuums within its globe, such as the Room of Spirit and Time, which is still affected by time travel; which proves that the new timelines can encompass other space-times as well, and thus the events in the Future Trunks Saga don't prove anything in the way of the universes being physically connected."

I think.....................should we move this thread to content revision, at this point it look more of a CRT than a Q&A thread

No. Combat speed scales to their flight speed. But flight speed does not scale to combat speed. Best example of this is namek saga where it took many FTL fighters a long time to travel the circumference of namek. Another good example is whis who's fastest ever speed he flew is calculated at 500 quadrillion c, but SSG Goku is casually 196 quadrillion C combat speed surpassing whis the next arc.
Don't worry, I'm making a thread specifically to address this.

I do agree that basically all Dragon Ball characters have combat speed significantly better than their long term flight speed and that most DB characters a usually only able to move as fast as their combat speed during initial launches and what not; though there is still some degree of consistency of characters outpacing their opponents Ki blasts and Kamehamehas. And the biggest weakness is mostly just characters not being able to breathe in space; though that is a really stupid weakness at this point but blame the writers for that. But long terms flight speeds are usually significantly slower than the initial speed they travel when the like use their legs to propel themselves from the ground among other examples.

Though, obviously the GoDs and Angels are many times Massively FTL+ in general. But I don't think this is main topic.

What exactly are you saying no to? I'm a little confused by that considering what you've sent.

Quote here for those who didn't click the link(this is in terms of flight)

"As a unique technique of the Tsuru-sen School, it seems that Tsuru-sennin is the one who thought it up. By emitting ki from the entire body, one moves as if fluttering through the air. It's a basic ki manipulation technique, on par with the ki blast. Anyone can do it merely be learning how to use ki, as seen with Videl. Also, Kuririn and Goku learned this technique through self study. The speed the user moves through the air with it is related to their level of skill and the size of their ki, and Gohan managed to fly faster than Kinto-un's maximum speed.

What exactly are you saying no to? I'm a little confused by that considering what you've sent.

Quote here for those who didn't click the link(this is in terms of flight)

"As a unique technique of the Tsuru-sen School, it seems that Tsuru-sennin is the one who thought it up. By emitting ki from the entire body, one moves as if fluttering through the air. It's a basic ki manipulation technique, on par with the ki blast. Anyone can do it merely be learning how to use ki, as seen with Videl. Also, Kuririn and Goku learned this technique through self study. The speed the user moves through the air with it is related to their level of skill and the size of their ki, and Gohan managed to fly faster than Kinto-un's maximum speed.
Higher the ki mastery and ki amount, higher your speed in all accounts. It isn't just called "Dancing in the Sky Arts" for no reason.

Isn't established that dbz fighting and combat speed as least on par with thier fighting speed if not faster?
It's even stated in the dbz page.

Isn't established that dbz fighting and combat speed as least on par with thier fighting speed if not faster?
It's even stated in the dbz page.
Yep, it uses the source Null used.

Nothing stops them from travelling at the same speed as their casual attacks. Unless someone wants to tell me that Saiyan Saga Piccolo can't move at Relativistic speeds or that Goku can't travel at MFTL+ speeds despite fighting against Beerus who can do just that and both having their Energy Ball feat scale to them because they already downscale from a serious Whis.

Heck, even when the whole 3/4 speed of Whis (Whis doing 487 quadrillion c) thing was going on, assuming Beerus was going half as fast as that, Goku would undeniably be above 182 quadrillion C, after which all other transformations would effectively surpass it by massive leaps and bounds).

He's referring to this. "The speed the user moves through the air with it is related to their level of skill and the size of their ki".
This would mean gas is a true anti feat to infinite speed. Shit.

"Combat speed is far higher than travel speed" is disingenuous, since the size and control of one's Ki influences both equally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back