• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Queen and Wano Sanji scaling: The final AP/Scaling discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) While Queen has demonstrated impressive physical strength, durability, technological prowess, he has also been shown to be inferior to both Big Mom and Kaido in combat. Furthemore the attack with the Brachio Bomber did not appear to significantly harm Big Mom, and her reaction to it was relatively mild. Its possible that Queen was relying on her weakened state and lack of awareness to land the attack, rather than the attack itself being a demonstration of his full power.

2) The teeth's crackling sound effect after Queen's attack hit BM can be interpreted in different ways. It's possible that it indicates to Big Mom's teeth or jaw, but its also possible that it's simply a sound effect used to emphasize the impact of the attack. Without futher context or clarification its difficult to say if BM was actually damaged by the attack.

3) The anime added the cracking ssound effect for BM's teeth after the Brachio Bomber attack. Even if it wasn't present in the manga its not uncommon for anime adaptations to add extra sound effects or visual details that aren't present in the original source material. Without evidence from the manga thats being dismissed.

The remaining points that I think could be valid:

1. While Big Mom was weakened from hunger, she wasn't skinny from it like in WCI, and this is the same Big Mom who fought Kaido for 3 entire days and was perfectly fine afterwards. She couldn't have been that much below base.

2. Her bones should not have really been weakened by hunger, as only her external durability (aka, her skin) lowers with hunger. Kid's Punk Gibson couldn't do more than face bruises.

3. Viewed Apoo as "pathetic" and called him such after his loss to Zoro.

4. Zoro said Zoan Queen would be difficult, and compared Zoan Queen to King himself when he said that "neither path [to the rooftop] would be easy".

3. Viewed Apoo as "pathetic" and called him such after his loss to Zoro.

4. Zoro said Zoan Queen would be difficult, and compared Zoan Queen to King himself when he said that "neither path [to the rooftop] would be easy".
All Imma say is this
2Q.png

Just cause Zoro scared Base Queen doesn't remove the fact that he called Zoan Queen a tough opponent to beat (they showed base Queen's face, but Zoro only says this after Zoan Queen grabs and yeets him).

The remaining points that I think could be valid:

1. While Big Mom was weakened from hunger, she wasn't skinny from it like in WCI, and this is the same Big Mom who fought Kaido for 3 entire days and was perfectly fine afterwards. She couldn't have been that much below base.
No, it's not, she ate food right after they brought her to kaido

And all because she wasn't "as weak as she was when she was skinny" doesn't mean she wasn't weak

We also know that Sanji took hits from both Queen and King off-screen, and the anime supports the notion that Base King used his sword.

Sanji said fighting 2 of them is hard.

Stop using that 1 statement and then the "anime support" to just upscale his stats

All he says is that fighting 2 of them is hard.
Which means he took hits from them.

Which scales to his durability, not his base AP.

His DJ scales to Zoan/Hybrid Queen who can hurt him.

"Which means that he took hits from them"

Marco fought King and Queen. We saw his fight. Queen ain't touch him.

You want him to scale to King so bad.
He already scales to his regular AP, stop trying to upscale him by making him scale to his sword solely cause of the ******* anime

Also, @Kachon123 pointed out that Zoan Queen's Bridal Grabber (that mechanical arm that was on fire) was viewed as a threat to Zoro when Sanji blocked it, just like how King's attack against Sanji that Zoro blocked was portrayed as a threat to Sanji.

If I see this shit in another One Piece argument one more ******* time

Stop using "his eyes widened when he saw the attack" as "this is a threat, use it to scale"
I wasn't using the "eyes widened" shit, I was referring to how each of them were like "I blocked this attack, you owe me one", implying the attacks were threats to their respective targets.

I don't understand why this ain't closed.
Really giving them a reason to give KT his thread mod roles back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back