• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Lifting Strength Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece Lifting Strength Scaling is pretty garbage for plenty of reasons. I'll try to fix one of them.

We have certain characters scale above/relative to other characters for grabbing or throwing them when the person on the receiving end showed no sign of fighting back. This thread's purpose is to remove all of these.

Note: I may miss some, so if I have, post them and I'll add it to the OP

1. Queen

Queen's LS in his Zoan Forms currently scales to Post-Udon Luffy and Rooftop Zoro's LS because of this interaction, and I have no idea why. Not once did either Zoro or Luffy resist or try to fight back against Queen's bite. Instead, they were just laying there, more focused on King and his flying goons above them.

Queen's Zoan LS should instead scale to/above the force of Luffy's Gum Gum Rocket, as he was able to stand firm after grabbing Luffy mid-launch without being sent flying himself. Since Gum Gum Rocket is an attack mostly reliant on the elasticity of Luffy's arms, it should pack around the same punch force-wise to similarly working attacks like Gum Gum Pistol and other techniques of that nature.

Lifting Strength: At least Class T (Stronger than Jack), higher with Zoan Transformation (Was able to stop the force of Post-Udon Luffy's Gum Gum Rocket without getting sent flying))

2. Marco

Marco's LS in his Zoan Forms currently scales to 2x Zoan King and Zoan Queen's values because of this interaction. Ignoring the fact that the 2x rating is pretty much bullshit for the same reason we don't currently scale Zoan Queen to 2x Luffy and Zoro's values, Marco's Zoan Forms' LS shouldn't scale to Zoan King and Zoan Queen at all. King and Queen never once fought back, and even if they did, I'm not sure if that scene alone is enough to scale Marco to them, as Queen's head was detached from his main body, and King was in the middle of flying (the force of his wings moving to fly ≠ the force of his strikes or him lifting).

Marco should instead scale above the likes of Ace, who was equal to Jinbe, who could stop the force of BoTS Gear 2 Luffy's Jet Stamp without losing his footing.

Lifting Strength: Class T in Zoan Forms (As the number two of the Whitebeard Pirates, Marco should be superior to the likes of Ace at his peak)

3. King

One of the justifications for Base King's LS has him scaling above Onigashima Raid Sanji's LS based on this interaction. Similar to the examples above, Sanji never fought back. He wasn't there to fight King. He was there to save Momonosuke and bring him to safety, which we see he was focused on doing, throwing Momonosuke toward Shinobu instead of escaping King's grip. This scaling also doesn't make sense because we see Sanji was able to clash with a strike from King without being pushed backwards, and instead was able to push his leg back.

Although Base King already has scaling via Queen and Jack, the justification with Sanji could be replaced with his other scaling via Zoro. Base King was shown being able to block attacks from Post-Mink Drug Zoro, and even push him back on some occasions.

Lifting Strength: At least Class T (Stronger than Jack and Queen. Should be at least on the level of Post-Mink Drug Zoro, as he was able to block attacks from and even push him)

4. Kid

Two of Kid's justification for his LS with his Magnetism need to go.

A. Kid vs Big Mom

Kid currently scales to Big Mom's LS because of this interaction. Kid sent Big Mom flying using Repel, but the issue with using this for scaling is that in order to do this, Kid didn't really need to overcome Big Mom's LS, but rather her actual weight. To explain the difference, if I were to push over the World's Strongest Man Mitchell Hooper, I would only have to overcome around 145 kg of Mass, and not necessarily his 400 kg deadlift.

B. Kid vs Kaidou

Kid currently scales to Kaidou because of this interaction. Throwing someone who isn't fighting back or taking you completely seriously doesn't require you to overcome their LS for the same reasons as above.

Kid's LS with his Magnetism should instead replace these justifications with his feat of stopping the force of an angry Big Mom's cognac swing.

Lifting Strength: At least Class T (Comparable in strength to Base Luffy in Udon Prison), higher with Magnetism (With his metal arm, he was able to stop the force of Big Mom's cognac swing. Using Assign, he could pin a life-amplified Big Mom against a wall, with her being unable to break free from the wall)

Last edited:
LS enjoyer, following.
one-piece-amit-gajare.gif

One Piece Lifting Strength Scaling is pretty garbage for plenty of reasons. I'll try to fix one of them.

We have certain characters scale above/relative to other characters for grabbing or throwing them when the person on the receiving end showed no sign of fighting back. This thread's purpose is to remove all of these.

Note: I may miss some, so if I have, post them and I'll add it to the OP

1. Queen

Queen's LS in his Zoan Forms currently scales to Post-Udon Luffy and Rooftop Zoro's LS because of this interaction, and I have no idea why. Not once did either Zoro or Luffy resist or try to fight back against Queen's bite. Instead, they were just laying there, more focused on King and his flying goons above them.

Queen's Zoan LS should instead scale to/above the force of Luffy's Gum Gum Rocket, as he was able to stand firm after grabbing Luffy mid-launch without being sent flying himself. Since Gum Gum Rocket is an attack mostly reliant on the elasticity of Luffy's arms, it should pack around the same punch force-wise to similarly working attacks like Gum Gum Pistol and other techniques of that nature.

2. Marco

Marco's LS in his Zoan Forms currently scales to 2x Zoan King and Zoan Queen's values because of this interaction. Ignoring the fact that the 2x rating is pretty much bullshit for the same reason we don't currently scale Zoan Queen to 2x Luffy and Zoro's values, Marco's Zoan Forms' LS shouldn't scale to Zoan King and Zoan Queen at all. King and Queen never once fought back, and even if they did, I'm not sure if that scene alone is enough to scale Marco to them, as Queen's head was detached from his main body, and King was in the middle of flying (the force of his wings moving to fly ≠ the force of his strikes or him lifting).

Marco should instead scale above the likes of Ace, who was equal to Jinbe, who could stop the swing of a casual Big Mom's sword.

3. King

One of the justifications for Base King's LS has him scaling above Onigashima Raid Sanji's LS based on this interaction. Similar to the examples above, Sanji never fought back. He wasn't there to fight King. He was there to save Momonosuke and bring him to safety, which we see he was focused on doing, throwing Momonosuke toward Shinobu instead of escaping King's grip. This scaling also doesn't make sense because we see Sanji was able to clash with a strike from King without being pushed backwards, and instead was able to push his leg back.

Although Base King already has scaling via Queen and Jack, the justification with Sanji could be replaced with his other scaling via Zoro. Base King was shown being able to block attacks from Post-Mink Drug Zoro, and even push him back on some occasions.

4. Kid

Two of Kid's justification for his LS with his Magnetism need to go.

A. Kid vs Big Mom

Kid currently scales to Big Mom's LS because of this interaction. Kid sent Big Mom flying using Repel, but the issue with using this for scaling is that in order to do this, Kid didn't really need to overcome Big Mom's LS, but rather her actual weight. To explain the difference, if I were to push over the World's Strongest Man Mitchell Hooper, I would only have to overcome around 145 kg of Mass, and not necessarily his 400 kg deadlift.

B. Kid vs Kaidou

Kid currently scales to Kaidou because of this interaction. Throwing someone who isn't fighting back or taking you completely seriously doesn't require you to overcome their LS for the same reasons as above.

Kid's LS with his Magnetism should instead replace these justifications with his feat of stopping the force of an angry Big Mom's cognac swing.
I have no issues with this and thus I agree.

Good job!

I mispoke.

I meant to say Jinbei to Ace. As in scaling main series Jinbei during the Marineford Arc to Ace's AP just because they fought in the past.

As in scaling main series Ace's AP to Jinbei's ratings during the Marineford Arc just because they fought in the past.
Oh, I see what you mean. As things stand right now, we don't separate any form of Jinbe from the Fisher Tiger flashback to pre-wano, so I think we could probably still scale Ace to Gear 2 BoTS Luffy?

That's a bit strange, imo, but if that's the case, then sure.

if the anime showed Luffy and Zoro struggling against Queen, then I disagree with the first point, due to what I said offsite.

Otherwise, this looks solid.

if the anime showed Luffy and Zoro struggling against Queen, then I disagree with the first point, due to what I said offsite.
Well them struggling doesn't really change the fact that its a pretty bad justification due to biting force ≠ combat LS. Even if you disagree with Queen not scaling to Zoro and Luffy, what are your thoughts on the new justification?

Well them struggling doesn't really change the fact that its a pretty bad justification due to biting force ≠ combat LS. Even if you disagree with Queen not scaling to Zoro and Luffy, what are your thoughts on the new justification?
forgot to respond: fair enough
I agree as well then

1. Queen
2. Marco
If this is the case, would the BM-Marco interaction be a simular situation? He didn't get a chance to try fight her grip like others characters have in their fights.

If this is the case, would the BM-Marco interaction be a simular situation? He didn't get a chance to try fight her grip like others characters have in their fights.
Nope. Marco would have died if he didn't escape. He was showing worry about Perospero and Big Mom killing him. He likely was trying to escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back