• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish Discussion Thread

Something interesting I noticed in the movie, how come Death never comes for Puss when he’s at the cat orphanage? Death never seems to come for Puss in the presumed weeks or months he spent there, only reappearing after Puss stole the map from Jack Horner. Seems like Death was cool with Puss living a boring, safe life but when he got back to adventuring now he had a problem again.

Something interesting I noticed in the movie, how come Death never comes for Puss when he’s at the cat orphanage? Death never seems to come for Puss in the presumed weeks or months he spent there, only reappearing after Puss stole the map from Jack Horner. Seems like Death was cool with Puss living a boring, safe life but when he got back to adventuring now he had a problem again.
Head-canon; perhaps he knew Puss wasting his last life away as a fat contented house cat was a fate worse than death so he didn't mind. It's only when Puss started adventuring again (trying to hype up his legend) Death decided to go on the hunt again to see if Puss would actually fight back for his life or wimp out again (regardless Death still wins in the end) plus Death seems to have a sense of pride as well as honour, better to claim the soul of an arrogant legend who thought he was immortal than a pet.

At least that's how I see it.

I think he comments on this in the last battle on how he enjoyed the chase and loved the smell of fear. He probably loved toying with him during that time, being wasted from the legend he claimed to be, and him appearing only sometimes throughout his journey was a way to remind him of his mortality. It’s probably only till the last fight where he decides to kill him.

AE Type 2 is what I'm going for, remove the likely and that's exactly what I'm going for.

Not sure about the damaged point, you can definitely do so to a Type 1 and 7 user that I mentioned. I was mentioning earlier to you how Puss can hurt the guy.
AE type 1, not 2. Man took his time to tell us that he was Death.

AE type 1, not 2. Man took his time to tell us that he was Death.
Prove that Death is incorporeal in any way.

The man sat on a stool, picked up a glass and alcohol and even drank that alcohol with no issues, whereas if he was AE 1 that alcohol would've passed through him.

Prove that Death is incorporeal in any way.

The man sat on a stool, picked up a glass and alcohol and even drank that alcohol with no issues, whereas if he was AE 1 that alcohol would've passed through him.
AE 1 clearly states that physical manifestations of characters are merely avatars, so I don't see how not being incorporeal affects AE1

AE 1 clearly states that physical manifestations of characters are merely avatars, so I don't see how not being incorporeal affects AE1
"Exists purely as an abstraction" that's AE1.

As I've said before in this thread, prove the Death we see isn't the true form

"Embodies an abstraction" that's AE2.

Death says he's Death straight up, however extraordinary claims(AE1) require extraordinary evidence, which there isn't so we go with the embodes end not the "Exists purely as an abstraction" end.

Death says he's Death straight up, however extraordinary claims(AE1) require extraordinary evidence, which there isn't so we go with the embodes end not the "Exists purely as an abstraction" end
I don't see how it is extraordinary when a lot of characters with AE1 are based on statements. Death also took is time to explain what he was

I don't see how it is extraordinary when a lot of characters with AE1 are based on statements. Death also took is time to explain what he was
Yes, characters can be AE1 based off statements, characters can be nonexistent based on statements, but the difference here is when Death explained what he was, he said ONLY that he was Death straight up, that means that he Embodies such an abstraction yes? There's no proof that he exists purely as the abstraction, which is the extraordinary evidence.

With Abstract Existence, it's hard to say if he created the form or if it's always existed. All we know is he uses it to toy with others, and directly have fun with people who will die anyways. Abstract Type 2 is a definitely, Abstract Type 1 is definitely possible although Type 2 fits him more at the moment. Especially since Death is not affected at all by anything in the star blazing world.

With Abstract Existence, it's hard to say if he created the form or if it's always existed. All we know is he uses it to toy with others, and directly have fun with people who will die anyways. Abstract Type 2 is a definitely, Abstract Type 1 is definitely possible although Type 2 fits him more at the moment.
Yes if more evidence comes at a later date I'd be happy to give him AE1, until then AE2

With Abstract Existence, it's hard to say if he created the form or if it's always existed. All we know is he uses it to toy with others, and directly have fun with people who will die anyways. Abstract Type 2 is a definitely, Abstract Type 1 is definitely possible although Type 2 fits him more at the moment. Especially since Death is not affected at all by anything in the star blazing world.
Well if you want to give him AE 2, then feel free, but what I believe we have here is AE 1.

Death explained what he was, he said ONLY that he was Death straight up
He is death straight up and doesn't mean it any other fancy way. Now it is up to you to proof that he referred to himself in a fancy way and that he isn't death but rather embodies it.

Last edited:
Well if you want to give him AE 2, then feel free, but what I believe we have here is AE 1.
I believe he has AE 1, although using what we have right now and just using what we know.

AE Type 2 is what we have right now. I don't think there's much anti showings for either side, other than the fact that the wolf form is unrecognizable to the star blazing world, which implies he's less of an avatar and is him (Although this could just be that him being a non-mortal carried down to his avatar).

Also, is there any evidence that Death has many other avatars besides his wolf appearance?

Also, should Puss get a new key for this movie? Cause earlier, Puss got destroyed by Death but then later on he was taking him on

Also, should Puss get a new key for this movie? Cause earlier, Puss got destroyed by Death but then later on he was taking him on
Yeah, for the reasons Kyleb gave

But... not because Death didn't wreck his ass, he was casual, at least that's the current consensus, it's not really different stats, it's a far different mindset and a power and weakness removal

Originally I would've said no, using Warriors Firestar as an example, but his mindset and PnA/weaknesses don't really change, only how many lives he has in the tank

Yeah, for the reasons Kyleb gave

But... not because Death didn't wreck his ass, he was casual, at least that's the current consensus, it's not really different stats, it's a far different mindset and a power and weakness removal

Originally I would've said no, using Warriors Firestar as an example, but his mindset and PnA/weaknesses don't really change, only how many lives he has in the tank
True, he does have a complete different mindset compared to the rest of the movies that he's featured in (Considering that most of these lives that were lost seemed to be a bunch of gags, but whatever). And Death being casual with Puss was pretty much the point, he was literally straight up blitzing him.

what if they are a shellfish
I'm allergic and I can tell you- It's all propaganda
All the myths about your throat closing and what not, it's all lies.
My eye just swell up when I ate shrimp. Nothing much. ( slightly a joke besides the part about my allergy and eye )

I'm allergic and I can tell you- It's all propaganda
All the myths about your throat closing and what not, it's all lies.
My eye just swell up when I ate shrimp. Nothing much. ( slightly a joke besides the part about my allergy and eye )
you shouldn't really joke like that as someone might accidentally believe you.

Back