• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

To The Slammer… for what, the 3rd time now? (Phoenix Wright vs. Puss in Boots) (4-8-0, GRACE!)

Da Roolz
Speed is unequalized.
Both are in-character, and start 10m away.
The battle takes place in
San Ricardo.
The Last Wish Puss is being used.

Da Vouts
“open debate: soup and stew are drinks. it is acceptable to have them in a cup.”: 4 (noninho, LeoEpicGamer8910, JustANormalLemon, Greatsage13th)
Scales to this; 0.032 Tons of TNT, higher in Turnabout Mode, even higher with X-Factor
Scales to baseline Average Human; 50 Kilograms

“Who is this ‘salty’? I am PUSS…. N BOOTS! Also, I just got done eating a biiiiiiiiig cheeseburger! I’m so full!!!!”: 8 (Serlock_Holmes, The_man_with_the_Midas_touch, King_Dom470, Lonkitt, Marvel_Champion_07, Armorchompy, ThanatosX, James_Plays_4_Games)
Scales to this; 0.035 Tons of TNT
Scales to this(?); 4.326 Metric Tons

Da Fakts
Puss in Boots has a 1.11446248826x advantage in Attack Potency, but downscales from his value.
Puss in Boots has a 86.52x(?) advantage in Lifting Strength.

Last edited:
Gonna note that Puss could resist Softpaws using her cuteness stare Social Influencing on him which might help here.

Gonna note that Puss could resist Softpaws using her cuteness stare Social Influencing on him which might help here.
Thats an entirely different method of social influencing. Phoenix Wright doesn't use cuteness or seduction. He just straight up talks. He was able to talk Galactus, the dude who pretty much spends his entire existence cruising around the Marvel Universe and destroying/eating planets, fighting anyone who opposes him. Wright was somehow able to both talk him out of destroying Earth, but actually got him to appear in court while behaving himself

Thats an entirely different method of social influencing. Phoenix Wright doesn't use cuteness or seduction. He just straight up talks. He was able to talk Galactus, the dude who pretty much spends his entire existence cruising around the Marvel Universe and destroying/eating planets, fighting anyone who opposes him. Wright was somehow able to both talk him out of destroying Earth, but actually got him to appear in court while behaving himself
Both have Social Influencing, though, since I'm not sure, Is Phoenix's also used in/as attacks? I know Puss in Boots uses it as a form of distraction before attacks, but I don't know enough about Phoenix to speak about him

Both have Social Influencing, though, since I'm not sure, Is Phoenix's also used in/as attacks? I know Puss in Boots uses it as a form of distraction before attacks, but I don't know enough about Phoenix to speak about him
Phoenix’s preferred approach to situation’s like this is to talk things out

I mean, how did he do it? I'd wager the context of that would be pretty different from this fight, I can't really see him actually making an argument that would be convincing to Boots.

I mean, how did he do it? I'd wager the context of that would be pretty different from this fight, I can't really see him actually making an argument that would be convincing to Boots.
He literally just talked to him when he tried to destroy Earth. Thats it

let's compare that to...

Puss in boots stopping some knights in Shrek 2.
Yeah, there were like...4.

Ryuichi Naruhodo FRA

He literally just talked to him when he tried to destroy Earth. Thats it
Yeah but... That doesn't mean he'd be able to put together an argument that convinces Puss in Boots. Social Influencing isn't hax, if he doesn't have anything to go off of when it comes to his opponent it's highly unlikely he'd be able to talk them into abandoning the fight. He could probably just surrended immediately and ask to not be hurt and Puss wouldn't attack him, but that's not winning a fight lol.

Yeah but... That doesn't mean he'd be able to put together an argument that convinces Puss in Boots. Social Influencing isn't hax, if he doesn't have anything to go off of when it comes to his opponent it's highly unlikely he'd be able to talk them into abandoning the fight. He could probably just surrended immediately and ask to not be hurt and Puss wouldn't attack him, but that's not winning a fight lol.
I’d have to disagree personally. If he could on the spot come up with an argument to convince the dude who destroys planets to live and doesn’t tolerant resistance to him doing so, to just not destroy Earth and appear in court, convincing somebody far less persistent to stop fighting isn’t a stretch. Especially since Phoenix is capable of proving someone’s guilt on the fly with seemingly random pieces of evidence he finds lying around

I’m not saying Phoenix merely talking is going to compel Puss to stop fighting, but given Puss is the type to banter, Phoenix legitimately will have openings to dialogue with him

I’d have to disagree personally. If he could on the spot come up with an argument to convince the dude who destroys planets to live and doesn’t tolerant resistance to him doing so, to just not destroy Earth and appear in court, convincing somebody far less persistent to stop fighting isn’t a stretch. Especially since Phoenix is capable of proving someone’s guilt on the fly with seemingly random pieces of evidence
Ok but we don't even know how he did it, we don't know how he debates, we don't know exactly what angle he tries to approach the argument from, we don't know how much he knew about Galactus, we don't know what Galactus' initial reaction was, we don't know how long the discussion was, you can't really assume Puss in Boots will be convinced just because someone who is probably harder to convince in a vacuum was, once, off-screen. Ultimately SI is 100% dependent on the "victim"'s personality and intelligence and Puss in Boots' is completely different from Galactus.

Even if he could, "convincing someone to stop fighting" isn't winning a fight. If he can convince them to straight-up surrender, maybe but just getting them to not shank him, that's not a win.

Ok but we don't even know how he did it, we don't know how he debates, we don't know exactly what angle he tries to approach the argument from, we don't know how much he knew about Galactus, we don't know what Galactus' initial reaction was, we don't know how long the discussion was, you can't really assume Puss in Boots will be convinced just because someone who is probably harder to convince in a vacuum was, once, off-screen. Ultimately SI is 100% dependent on the "victim"'s personality and intelligence and Puss in Boots' is completely different from Galactus.
Its implied that Wright only really got to know more about Galactus' background after he convinced him not to destroy Earth and took him on as a client. Nothing implies Wright was building up an argument against Galactus for a significant portion of time. I do see your point on the method of the argument and so forth though, and while I think Wright could talk his way out of fighting, I understand why you'd cast doubt on the same outcome

Regarding the conditions of SI victories, has that ever been cleared up? Like, I can't recall if we have any written rules on "conditions of victory using SI"

Its implied that Wright only really got to know more about Galactus' background after he convinced him not to destroy Earth and took him on as a client. Nothing implies Wright was building up an argument against Galactus for a significant portion of time. I do see your point on the method of the argument and so forth though, and while I think Wright could talk his way out of fighting, I understand why you'd cast doubt on the same outcome
I don't think it's impossible that he could, I just find it weird to claim that he'd be able to with such little knowledge on how he actually goes about it.
Regarding the conditions of SI victories, has that ever been cleared up? Like, I can't recall if we have any written rules on "conditions of victory using SI"
We really just have "Characters will not give up of their own accord. [...] This doesn't prevent a character being made to give up, because the other character manipulates them via things like, for example, mind control, fear inducement, psychological tricks or superhuman charisma."

So I guess forcing the other person to give up is fine, but I think it's meant to be getting them to surrender. Otherwise you could put a 10-B guy against Spider-Man, give them previous knowledge and watch them get a win as they immediately begin to beg for mercy, which Peter will definitely give them.

I think convincing someone to straight up surrender themselves to the authorities with Galactus, that would definitely count, but I don't think he's doing that here, Galactus is a lawful evil kinda guy so getting him to seek redemption might lead to him confessing his crimes, while Boots takes great pride in his status as an outlaw and would likely never agree to that, especially since he's had pretty bad experiences with the police.

As alway, phoenix SI someone into leaving the fight, his SI is just really good, also Puss is not one who don't listen to a oponent talking to him in combat, trough I can see puss taking a W if he go with his own SI

But ye... the atorney is really good in convincing others, no matter how You look the galctus feat is just to much of a proff of It

Atorney FRA

Back