• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death vs Tai-Lung (Puss and Boots vs Kung Fu panda)

Tai-lung invades the jade palace, but instead of finding shi-fu, he finds the wolf in his place instead.

Death vs Tai-lung

Speed equalized
Takes place inside of the Jade palace.

Fights starts at a distance of 30 feet apart from each other.

Both in-character.
standard victory conditions.

Votes for death:
Votes for tai-lung:

I haven't watch his movie yet but is Death untouchable by physical means? I don't thin AE is enough to make you intangible

also this would be a great death battle

Exists purely as an abstraction. These characters lack a true physical form, and affecting them requires the ability to affect directly the abstraction itself, because eventual physical manifestations are merely avatars.

You need non physical interaction or something to affect it

I think death takes this, can he not use fear manipulation to make Tai Lung life flash before his eye and kill him?

I think death takes this, can he not use fear manipulation to make Tai Lung life flash before his eye and kill him?
The fear that puss and boots had from death was largely due to how easily he demolished the cat in their fight, and made him feel a true sense of mortality for the first time in his life. Death would have to dominate tai-lung in the same manner in order to get his fear manipulation working.

I hear that Death likes to toy with people even when he can hunt them down and kill them easily.
I didn't watch the movie but I know that after losing his last fight with him he says something like " Why the hell did I try to play with my food? ".

I hear that Death likes to toy with people even when he can hunt them down and kill them easily.
I didn't watch the movie but I know that after losing his last fight with him he says something like " Why the hell did I try to play with my food? ".
Yes he plays with the food but tbh the only reason he played with puss was because puss was a "arrogant little legend who thinks they are immortal" Idk why he would do that against tai lung

Ya'll do realize Death's profile is currently up for deletion cause nobody on the PiB discussion thread was ready to release his ass right?

Ya'll do realize Death's profile is currently up for deletion cause nobody on the PiB discussion thread was ready to release his ass right?
rip-bozo.gif

even with it being up for deletion, Death would get rolled. Tai Lung is a skill god who makes Death look like a joke. Death has no confirmed immortality, ironically enough, and was hurt and interacted with by Puss. Tai Lung uses the wolf to roll a fat blunt.

Ah yes. Seen too many shorts on youtube with Kung Fu Panda vs Death.

This is an interesting matchup. Death, however may not be too interested in Tai Lung, since Tai Lung has no attachment to denying death. Since his primal goal is on Shifu and the Dragon Scroll. Honestly a better matchup would be Shen since he denied his destiny and refuses to die. Death would absolutely be fully motivated to have fun and try to kill Shen.

While Puss did put up a fight and clearly held an advantage in the second fight by the end. Building level mainly comes from the Puss that was living the life of a legend, that Death was easily beating via skill, speed, and strength which he mentions in the fight.

So Death easily beats someone 2x of the AP of Kung Fu Panda, who can only avoid and block Death's blades at best.

However, the Kung Fu Panda characters are far more skilled. Beating through armies of soldiers, Tai Lung doing it with a 1000 guards, scaling and beating the best masters in China that can also bust through Shen's army.

Tai Lung definitely has a win-con here. We don't know if Death can come back in his physical form, he can live forever on as a conscient abstract. But one of the win conditions is putting Death in a state where he can't harm him for a week.

Oof. Forgot about the Nerve attack. If Tai Lung sees Death taking his attacks well, Tai Lung will definitely resort to it.
yeah and the 5 were only saved by shifu, there's no indication that they'll run out anytime soon especially since they were stuck practically all day that way. I think this should be more than enough for a victory via incap.

yeah and the 5 were only saved by shifu, there's no indication that they'll run out anytime soon especially since they were stuck practically all day that way. I think this should be more than enough for a victory via incap.
Even past that. Tai Lung could just punch his head in and destroy him overtime.

Haven't watched the movie but he's probably just reliant on death being a thing overall, for him to live.

Not sure if there is a reasons above yet but I’ll put my analysis.

AP/Durability/Striking Strength

Currently Death holds the AP advantage. KFP characters have 0.39 Tons from a younger Tigress while Shrek holds 0.83 Tons from the Dragon.

Tai Lung isn’t so much stronger that Tigress is incomparable, however it was a younger Tigress that did the feat that was just learning to use her instincts. Once Tai Lung got serious he was beating her, although Tigress was still able to hurt him.

Death stomped Puss in the first fight so hard, who basically crawled his way and thrashed Shrek decently. Whose farts can distinguish the Dragons flames who someone like Fiona can tank. Death was clearly physically stronger, although Puss was still able to block some attacks with heavy difficulty.

Death here holds a gap of strength.

Hax/Abilities

Fear manipulation is not going to work here. He had to humiliate and break down Puss to his mortality in order for his fear to work on him. Tai Lung has no qualms against Death, and Tai Lung needs to lose badly first for it to work.

Abstract Existence can be countered in two ways. One, when his physical form is destroyed we don’t know if it can even come back. Or Tai Lung will see him come back and neg him with his nerve attack. Something that Death has no resistance to.

He also never uses teleportation in battles.

Overall Death’s abilities won’t work combat wise effectively and Tai Lung can use his nerve attack to neg him.

Skill

The category with the biggest winning factor. Tai Lung massively out skills here. Death considered Puss’ style of fighting sloppy and saw every move he made. Puss has been shown to be able to fight and avoid multiple fighters at once, one Of the most wanted, and defeated a giant purely on piercing damage and using its own momentum against him. Pretty impressive.

However, pales in comparison to Tai Lung. Tai Lung has beaten the Furious Five with some difficulties, who have been stated to have been able to fight people 1 to 1000. Then beat through Shen’s army of wolves. Tai Lung himself beat through 1000 guards unscathed, effectively acrobat while defying gravity to grab dynamite just in time, and use it against them. He also beat a suppressed Shifu (Although it was stated Tai Lung was too overwhelming for him anyhow), who could also 1v5 the Furious Five.

One big factor is, we don’t even know if Death can fight without a weapon. The fact that Puss was portrayed as unable to fight back without his weapon should solidify that both fighters needed a weapon. Kung Fu Panda characters are made to disarm and break the weapons of their foes. Tai Lung was taking away and disarming the weapons of 10s of guards. Even then, Tai Lung would find and counter any attack Death threw with either his staff or sycthes. Combined with skill is his nerve attack, so oof.

Tai Lung also has mastery in weapons, so he’d probably outpace him in that category as well.

Motivation

Death will go into this battle without much motivation, he likes to have fun with victims who deny death and think they’re immortal. Here, Tai Lung knows about Death, but only cares about the Dragon Scroll. So Death wouldn’t be highly motivated to kill.

Meanwhile, Tai Lung would be applauded and prideful that Death himself came to fight and kill him. Declaring him probably a worthy match to fight. Which Death wouldn’t care much.

Tai Lung takes it low-mid difficulty.

Yea, I’ve seen too many shorts of people Omega Wanking Death. AE is best he gets out of his straight up statement, but is useless in battle since he fights through physical manifestations and hasn’t showed any feats with the AE either.

AP

Death has like a 2x AP gap over Tai, so ye

Skill

Death arguably has better weapon skill, but Tai Lung is a menace of a fighter and would wreck Death in a 1v1. Death won’t even fight at full power anyway until he sees how Tai Lung fights, which the fight would probably be over by then.

Tai Lung takes this very low difficulty

Exists purely as an abstraction. These characters lack a true physical form, and affecting them requires the ability to affect directly the abstraction itself, because eventual physical manifestations are merely avatars.

You need non physical interaction or something to affect it
Are we saying that Puss has NPI

It's not really confirmed that he has AE, it's just stated on his profile to be "likely."

Honestly, I feel type 2 AE suits him more.

Currently Death holds the AP advantage. KFP characters have 0.39 Tons from a younger Tigress while Shrek holds 0.83 Tons from the Dragon.
Small correction, Tai Lung has an 8-C+ feat here. It was accepted a while back but not added to the profiles (pain), though even then he would scale above Shifu, who has a 0.66 ton feat. So either the AP gap is much smaller or it flips in Tai Lung's favour.

Tai Lung + FRA

Death hardly uses Teleportation in combat and his vibration manip doesn't seem impressive either.

Back