• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish Discussion Thread

I might be the first one to notice this...but Death quite literally appears in two places at once in the "I'm Death" scene. I originally thought that was just teleportation, but you can actually see his silhouette faintly.

Which makes sense, because, I mean, he's DEATH, death itself can't exactly be limited to one place and form at all times.

image.png

Still debatable what exact ability that would grant. Either duplication or nigh-omnipresence are the only two ones I can think of narrowing it down to. It'd probably be counted as duplication as a lowball. But realistically speaking nigh-omnipresence makes perfect sense given the fact that we already know he does embody the concept in a fully literal sense and clearly appears in places he wasn't in before just to scare Puss.

I might be the first one to notice this...but Death quite literally appears in two places at once in the "I'm Death" scene. I originally thought that was just teleportation, but you can actually see his silhouette faintly.

Which makes sense, because, I mean, he's DEATH, death itself can't exactly be limited to one place and form at all times.

image.png
I think thats enough for either Multilocation or omnipresence.

The concept of death exists where there is life. And life doesn't exist literally everywhere.
Life exists everywhere. If theres a place where something can be born then theres life there. You can put a egg everywhere in time and space and it will hatch and if something happens to the egg that would mean death was there.

Being omnipresent is being everywhere, everywhen, and nowhere all at once. Being able to spontaneously manifest in two different places at the same time doesn't mean he can do that by default, I would think.

Life exists everywhere. If theres a place where something can be born then theres life there. You can put a egg everywhere in time and space and it will hatch and if something happens to the egg that would mean death was there.
Life doesn't exist in empty space. Life doesn't exist in a volcano. Life doesn't exist in the empty pocket dimension of Jack Horner's Magic Nanny Bag. It never will and never has, so it doesn't.

Being omnipresent is being everywhere, everywhen, and nowhere all at once. Being able to spontaneously manifest in two different places at the same time doesn't mean he can do that by default, I would think.
He is death. We see that when someone is about to die he is there (He was in the crowd right before puss’s death)
Nigh omnipresence would be more safe though

He is death. We see that when someone is about to die he is there (He was in the crowd right before puss’s death)
Nigh omnipresence would be more safe though
Yes that's nigh-omnipresence. He exists where life exists in the present moment, and will appear where a death is about to occur.

Life doesn't exist in empty space.
It does exist there as the space also has life in a sense
Life doesn't exist in a volcano.
The volcano is life.
Life doesn't exist in the empty pocket dimension of Jack Horner's Magic Nanny Bag.
It does since Jack was able to survive inside of it and if it wasnt there Jack would have died
It never will and never has, so it doesn't.
It will it has always been and it does.

But do we actually know for the fact that Death is truly omnipresent?
He does represent the concept of death in a literal sense, he can appear in two places at once, he appears on the cards used for Puss' death compilation, he shows up to mess with Puss whenever he feels like it, and he appears when Puss is about to die. So I think there's plenty of evidence to say that he can manifest wherever a living being exists.

It does exist there as the space also has life in a sense

The volcano is life.

It does since Jack was able to survive inside of it and if it wasnt there Jack would have died

It will it has always been and it does.
I'm talking about individual living beings, not literally the concept of life, that's a huge reach.

I actually thought you meant life as an concept is not on a volcano and was scared for your mental health 💀
Of course not. But it's a huge reach to say death exists where the general idea of life exists. I'm saying death exists wherever an individual living entity that can die would also exist.

this one is CSAP profile, I don't think they follow the same standards.
They dont but it still looks weird since the fear hax was because he was scary not because of a supernatural power. Soul hax seems more like limited telepathy or information analysis

I mean, I would argue that he was not only scary, he literally got flashbacks.

Back