• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish Discussion Thread

Wait a darn minute, looks like someone posted his page already
Probably a few things that could probably use some changes. All the Nanny bag equipment should be standard equipment since we take the characters at their peak, and his peak is when he has all his equipment in his bag to fight. His AP is done with a weapon from his bag, rather than his own physical strength. His durability feat is also just Baby Bear pushing him, rather than striking him.

Eh, it seems like a striking feat, just that it also pushed him down
It's hard to tell, but by his hand movement, he seems to be doing it by open palm like a shove. I think he does have comparable durability, although not sure how good of an example it is. I do, however, remember him taking a kick fine from Kitty Softpaws before he falls into his Nanny bag "I shouldn't have telegraphed it."

Edit: Also Jack Horner shrugged off one of the apple bombs that posed a clear threat to Kitty.

Last edited:
Did you take in account the foot placing of the bakers since they're not standing? Like for example I'm 1.81 meters normally, the bed I sleep on is 1.88 meters but if I lay down stomach first and stretch like they do when they make the human bridge, the top of my head will touch the wall and my feet will dangle 2 or 3 inches further than the end of the mattress. So he may be actually taller than that. Also it's pretty crazy a normal human is the same height/taller than Shrek.

Honestly, it'd be difficult to calculate that based on what you said so I just used the numbers given there. If you have another feat for reference I can edit the calc

He's actually standing a bit away from them so he's closer to the camera and appear bigger than he actually is
It's not that big of a difference, though. Plus, it wouldn't hurt to calc it anyway, given how little we have to work with in the first place.

Idk but he takes time to pack all of it in that bag.
I'd say the bag offers:
Size Manip
Transmutation/Petrification
BFR ( via throwing people in the bag it self )
Explosion Manip
Energy Manip
etc.
Jack's got some nice hax.

I'm assuming this comes from the Midas Touch, but as we only see him use it in his room, I don't think it would be fair to assume he packed it in his bag.
He didn't use some of the stuff but it doesn't mean it's not there.
Hell he never used the magic snacks until he got trapped in his bag and had to grow t oget out.

He packed everything in his room inside the bag, to the point that he even put something as useless (and actually harmful to him) as the Cricket.
There is no proof that he packed everything in his bag. As far as the Cricket, he thought it was a Magical Locust capable of mass destruction.

There is no proof that he packed everything in his bag. As far as the Cricket, he thought it was a Magical Locust capable of mass destruction.
He quite literally put the arm and dragged everything in his shelfs inside the bag (on top of the rest of objects that weren't in shelfs and were instead hanging in the walls for example), the Touch of Midas was in a shelf. That proof that he was so focused in puting everything he could in the bag to the point that he didn't even verified if the things were useful for a travel (I'm also sure he was show to put more objects useless in such such situations).

I'm not sure if I want Death to be a recurring character in potential future DreamWorks films. Since Puss in Boots is obviously apart of the Shrek franchise, we could very much see him appear in the future, not just in another Puss in Boots movie but even possibly a Shrek movie. But I REEEALLY hope he doesn't become this milked cash-grab character. So often do these companies have a popular character and then ruin them because money. Death is perfect, and they could still make really good use of him, but I'm worried that the good minds at DreamWorks will bend to the money-bag Jack Horner's from the more corporate side of things that pander to advertisers and just want money regardless of the product given. One of the good things about him is the fact that he doesn't have much screen time. Else it would sap away the impact of his appearances.

Just imagine, in a Shrek film 4 years from now, 1 hour into the movie, you just suddenly hear that iconic whistle and your hair stands up. Christ I ******* pray that they use him, but use him properly, in the future. I don't want him to be a one-off character nor oversaturated.

I'm not sure if I want Death to be a recurring character in potential future DreamWorks films. Since Puss in Boots is obviously apart of the Shrek franchise, we could very much see him appear in the future, not just in another Puss in Boots movie but even possibly a Shrek movie. But I REEEALLY hope he doesn't become this milked cash-grab character. So often do these companies have a popular character and then ruin them because money. Death is perfect, and they could still make really good use of him, but I'm worried that the good minds at DreamWorks will bend to the money-bag Jack Horner's from the more corporate side of things that pander to advertisers and just want money regardless of the product given. One of the good things about him is the fact that he doesn't have much screen time. Else it would sap away the impact of his appearances.

Just imagine, in a Shrek film 4 years from now, 1 hour into the movie, you just suddenly hear that iconic whistle and your hair stands up. Christ I ******* pray that they use him, but use him properly, in the future. I don't want him to be a one-off character nor oversaturated.
The idea of Death come directly from a personal experience of Antonio Banderas where he noticed how close he was to die and how mortal he was, so I doubt they will ever really use such a character with a deep and serious concept as a recurring joke.

The idea of Death come directly from a personal experience of Antonio Banderas where he noticed how close he was to die and how mortal he was, so I doubt they will ever really use such a character with a deep and serious concept as a recurring joke.
What do you mean a recurring "joke"? I mean him appearing again with the same level of intensity and atmosphere.

What do you mean a recurring "joke"? I mean him appearing again with the same level of intensity and atmosphere.
But I REEEALLY hope he doesn't become this milked cash-grab character. So often do these companies have a popular character and then ruin them because money
From your post your fear was that they would ruin the character, which would happen if he become a recurring joke character that lose all of that that make it special/important, and I assured you that that is improvable considering the very serious conception of the character.

From your post your fear was that they would ruin the character, which would happen if he become a recurring joke character that lose all of that that make it special/important, and I assured you that that is improvable considering the very serious conception of the character.
Not even a little bit. My worry was that, because of his popularity that DreamWorks probably didn't expect, they would bring him back and put him into so many more stories so often that the character would lose the sense of impact he brings when he appears. As I said, one of the parts of why Death is such a good character in The Last Wish is explicitly because he has such little screen time. He only shows up usually to instill fear, demand attention, remind you of why Puss went on this journey, remind Puss himself of his own mortality, etc., with only 2 short fights in the movie. Despite being one of the most memorable and notable characters in the entire film, he has some of the lowest screen time. His screen time is about on par with the giant from the beginning. But it only adds to the seriousness of the situation when he appears, absolutely changing the atmosphere and theme when he does. If we saw him every 10 minutes, it'd turn from an "Oh my god he's actually here" to "Oh right that guy, he's pretty cool". So often do these big companies have an accidentally overly-successful character and then abuse that character to milk every last drop of money possible, because the more popular a character is, the more people will want to see them. If DreamWorks plays this like a lot of other studios would, Death could become a common, less-imposing character that feels more like a callback to a great film than anything else. But I'm hoping they won't.

I never said anything about him being turned into a joke character, I'm saying that they would try to make sure he retains the same seriousness, but just become overused and oversaturated, but that would be even worse.

So...we got some more information on the Trident, and, oh boy, it honestly might be the most powerful calculable feat in the entire God damn series. In the Blue-Ray extras, we get to see what the trident can really do. I do think this should be treated as canon, since it doesn't contradict anything, and it even provides more context on the Cannon Ball death in the movie.
So Optional Equipment for Kitty Softpaws and I think Jack Horner, but I can't remember if he had it. Probably a large building or city block level feat.

Back