• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shrek Downgrades

Recently, the Shrek universe has been upgraded to Building level. However, there are several reasons which I find this reasoning to be utterly ridiculous and why the ratings should be returned to the original Wall level they were.

So the justification being used for the 8-C is that Dragon's full-powered breath can destroy a large portion of rock. However, that is the only solid 8-C rating that is present, and that would only scale to Dragon. The profile was fine as it was back then: 9-A, 8-C with fire breath. Though Shrek was indeed hit with the fire breath, that doesn't exactly mean that Shrek fully scales to 8-C. First of all, we only saw Shrek tank a portion of the fire breath, and it was done when he had some armor on. Secondly, we don't know whether Dragon even used the full power of her fire breath. It's shown she kills and eats the bodies of the knights she kills. If she used her full-powered fire breath, the knights would be utterly vaporized, preventing them from cooking them. She literally has a cookbook she uses with recipes for the knights she's killed. I'd also just be fine with deeming Shrek tanking the flame breath as an outlier, cuz he has no other feats remotely close to a 8-C rating.

Another justification for Shrek is that in the 4-D ride, when the stone dragon turns to life, Shrek farts in the stone dragon's face, stopping its fire breath. Just the idea that this could be used as an AP justification is the saddest thing I've ever seen on this wiki. That fart was done when the stone dragon was charging up its flames. Farts have methane in them, meaning that it merely ignited the flames before it could be fired. It's like in How to Train Your Dragon, when Toothless fires a flame blast into the Red Death's mouth as it creates the gas which it would ignite with its flames. But all Toothless did was ignite the flame that was already being created. Toothless doesn't scale directly to the Red Death, so neither should a fart in the face which was clearly meant to be taken as a joke. Not to mention there's no proof the stone dragon's flame breath has the same destructive potential as Dragon's flames.

Now, some people might argue justification for an 8-C rating with the new Puss in Boots movie, when Puss fights a stone giant. However, Puss never really tanked an attack from the stone giant. The most Puss did was hurt the giant with a Spanish splinter, then stabbed it's shoulder with his sword. However, that doesn't directly scale to its AP. If a beetle bit your skin, would that make it as strong as a human? No, it's just piercing power. The entire time, Puss was just dodging its attacks. Even when the giant sent Puss through several walls, Puss was shielded by a wooden sign, so he himself wasn't sent through those walls. And Puss didn't defeat the giant with his own strength. He just used trickery and had the giant swing the bell so it would hit himself in the face. Somebody brought up to me that Puss stretched the giant's eyepatch and caused the giant to stagger a tiny bit. But I do not see how that would make Puss comparable to the giant in AP. If him stretching the eyepatch had caused the giant to go flying into the air, then I'd say Puss' AP was comparable to the giant, but the head movement was so minimal it barely counts for anything. Besides, Puss was killed by a bell falling onto him, which is an anti-feat and something an 8-C character should easily endure. You could argue he was caught off-guard, but that shouldn't lower his physical stats to such a drastic degree if he was really 8-C.

So based on all my reasoning, I believe we should go back to the original 9-B ratings and the 9-A rating for Dragon. Unless somebody can provide more supporting evidence and calculations for 8-C, the current calcs are extremely sus and barely enough proof to support 8-C ratings.

I'm neutral on the fart thing since farts usually make fire stronger as opposed to put it out unless it has like really strong wind pressure, but I basically agree with the rest of the points however.

BTW I think the 8-C feat at all is from an amusement park ride lol
Reminds me of the time I wanted to upgrade Terminator using their attraction feature.

Although the fact that it was the Universal Studios version that had the feat makes people question the scaling, if that is enough to make it iffy, that kinds of does justify 8-C being whack. But Puss still easily scales from a lot of Wall level feats.

Reminds me of the time I wanted to upgrade Terminator using their attraction feature.

Although the fact that it was the Universal Studios version that had the feat makes people question the scaling, if that is enough to make it iffy, that kinds of does justify 8-C being whack. But Puss still easily scales from a lot of Wall level feats.
Well yeah, Puss was always going to be Wall level minimum, he harmed Shrek and even did a little damage to Death for gods' sake lol

You know Puss only actually took a cut from Death right? No serious physical damage was done to either side
He was actually about to murder Puss before he pulled out the "Gatito Blade".
Also watch the fight, Puss hit him and had his mouth bleeding a little, and he later overpowered him.

He was actually about to murder Puss before he pulled out the "Gatito Blade".
Also watch the fight, Puss hit him and had his mouth bleeding a little, and he later overpowered him.
Uh, yeah, I know lol,

Watch the fight, there was no blood coming from Death's mouth and Puss literally just knocked Death's sickles out of his hands(bitch grip right ther) and knocked him back which means **** all for serious damage.

Me: He kicked him and he bled from his mouth ( Seen by him even swiping his thumb across his lips )
" Um Achshally you never watched the video "

Death is stronger overall, but the first fight scene was more so Puss losing all self confidence due to him being on his last life. Where has he did best him fair and square in the final scene though it was more so a "Delay the Inevitable". Death is stronger, but Puss still fights within the same ballpark.

Me: He kicked him and he bled from his mouth ( Seen by him even swiping his thumb across his lips )
" Um Achshally you never watched the video "
If the movie wanted to show blood we would've seen blood. In case you forgot how we know Puss took a cut.

Death is stronger overall, but the first fight scene was more so Puss losing all self confidence due to him being on his last life. Where has he did best him fair and square in the final scene though it was more so a "Delay the Inevitable". Death is stronger, but Puss still fights within the same ballpark.
Yeah, though it was a casual death

Plus death has that "I can never beat you" statement from Puss

Do people just pick a day to turn off their brains then try to debunk my arguments to see me rage

Been waiting for this for a while. Agree with the downgrade but disagree with all the anti-feats stuff like the rest.

I do agree with the downgrades. But what I disagree is with those so-called "anti-feats" which are literally played as gags which shouldn't really be taken that seriously
Or you could take them as Puss having been significantly weaker at the time to the point where smaller things like that could've killed him, or those could've been some sort of magic dogs that killed him. I'm perfectly fine with everybody scaling to Wall level cuz there're plenty of feats of that, especially in the newest movie. Still, wouldn't a bell dropping on you require 9-B durability? Puss was completely off-guard when he was killed by the bell, too, so it's not too much of an anti-feat. Regardless, I'm glad everybody's agreeing with me for once.

I do agree with the downgrades. But what I disagree is with those so-called "anti-feats" which are literally played as gags which shouldn't really be taken that seriously
His deaths were literally gags.
He also got mauled by dogs ( albeit unexpectedly ), is he below Average Human Level?
I wouldnt really call significant plot points 'anti-feats' or 'gags', Puss has consistently died to 9-B stuff, that is the entire plot of The Last Wish

I wouldnt really call significant plot points 'anti-feats' or 'gags', Puss has consistently died to 9-B stuff, that is the entire plot of The Last Wish
Aight let's make him below average human, he died to a dog.
1eaG5ua.png

And this makes sense how?
Because dogs have strong jaws that can break bone?

Because dogs have strong jaws that can break bone?
How the hell is that gonna hurt a 8-C character?

I've seen gags where a H6A character is clapped by a girl who is like, Island level.
You don't see anyone rushing to make him Island level.

I've seen gags where a H6A character is clapped by a girl who is like, Island level.
You don't see anyone rushing to make him Island level.
Cool but this isnt a gag, its a relevant and consistent plot point, Puss dying to a pack of dogs, Puss dying from being rammed by a bull, Puss dying to a cannon, Puss dying from falling off a cliff, he is consistently killed by 9-C to 9-B things, this is the entire plot of The Last Wish

Cool but this isnt a gag, its a relevant and consistent plot point, Puss dying to a pack of dogs, Puss dying from being rammed by a bull, Puss dying to a cannon, Puss dying from falling off a cliff, he is consistently killed by 9-C to 9-B things, this is the entire plot of The Last Wish
Most of those anti-feats are literally clear outliers. And even then, Puss was able to bring a bull down even when he was a kitten. And most of his feats outweighs his anti-feats either way

Back