• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death (Puss in Boots 2) at least 5-B, possibly 4-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the animated series about Puss in Boots, there are characters who are able to survive the explosion of the planet and literally a living star.

Artephius, a very powerful mage at the peak of his powers, was able to easily survive the explosion of an entire planet with his magic.

Esteban is literally a living wish-granting star. It has been called a star many times, and when approaching it is called a big one. Also, it is visible from Earth, although it is incredibly far away, which means its size is the same as that of ordinary stars.

Both characters are mortals and Death is subject to them. Esteban died like that. Given that Death comes for everyone who died, he came for Esteban too. In addition, Death is considered the strongest in the Shrek verse.

You can leave Death at the same level for base and Star or Planet level for true forms.

Bold = Stuff

Agree Dark_heroes, Tago238, Possibly Arceus0x (4-C)
DisagreeThelastmlg, Damage3245, MARVEL_Future_Fight_Gamer, M3X_2.0, Planck69
Neutral
1st_Virtue_of_Pure_Void

Last edited:
Planet level is not planet level in this case. Using a shield to guard from the destruction of the planet would be far far lower thant 5-B because of the distance. If the explosion happened in front of him and he shielded that would be fine but that isn't the case here, his shield was hit with at most a small part of the energy which will probably be nowhere near tier 5.

Esteban is fine

Death, however, idk, feels sus. He comes for everyone but he doesn't kill everyone himself. We see many people die in TLW but death doesn't appear for them every time, so a star's death or the wizard's death wouldn't necessarily scale to it as they would happen by themselves. Even if death does cause the deaths it could still be some hax like death manipulation or sth and not attack potency.

Finally, do we even have evidence that death has a true form and isn't just the wolf?

Planet level is not planet level in this case. Using a shield to guard from the destruction of the planet would be far far lower thant 5-B because of the distance. If the explosion happened in front of him and he shielded that would be fine but that isn't the case here, his shield was hit with at most a small part of the energy which will probably be nowhere near tier 5.
Right, I forgot about that. However, I remember that one person calculated that the durability of Thor from the comics for such a feat was at the level of a mountain. This shield has a larger area than Thor's body. I think it would be at the level of Island or Large Island.
Death, however, idk, feels sus. He comes for everyone but he doesn't kill everyone himself. We see many people die in TLW but death doesn't appear for them every time, so a star's death or the wizard's death wouldn't necessarily scale to it as they would happen by themselves. Even if death does cause the deaths it could still be some hax like death manipulation or sth and not attack potency.

Finally, do we even have evidence that death has a true form and isn't just the wolf?
He literally said that he was real death in the most literal sense. This means that he is responsible for all deaths, because he is them. This does not mean that he should appear right in front of them. It should be something abstract.

We could write "possible 4-C" because in theory he could come after anyone who is mortal and physically capable of dying, like Puss. But yeah, maybe it's just Hax.

Death only went after puss because never appreciated his lifes, it is implied that he did that to teach lesson him a lesson, while this means he isn't narratively limited to the current scaling, it also implies that he doesn't literally fight others for them to day, they can die by other means

This honestly feels headcanon, we are simply not shown how he deals with others dying that he doesn't want to hunt directly, yeah he is death and "comes for everyone", but we are comparing others dying by other means than fighting him, because fighting is how he tried to kill puss, and i also don't think this is hax as much as just, them dying and him doing his job of taking their souls to the afterlife, or maybe he is the one that writes how others die, again, is not explained

Honestly, him coming for everyone just sounds like the general fact that everyone dies, not that he literally goes after them

So yeah, i disagree, i don't think even a possible tier would work

Death only went after puss because never appreciated his lifes, it is implied that he did that to teach lesson him a lesson, while this means he isn't narratively limited to the current scaling, it also implies that he doesn't literally fight others for them to day, they can die by other means

This honestly feels headcanon, we are simply not shown how he deals with others dying that he doesn't want to hunt directly, yeah he is death and "comes for everyone", but we are comparing others dying by other means than fighting him, because fighting is how he tried to kill puss, and i also don't think this is hax as much as just, them dying and him doing his job of taking their souls to the afterlife, or maybe he is the one that writes how others die, again, is not explained

Honestly, him coming for everyone just sounds like the general fact that everyone dies, not that he literally goes after them

So yeah, i disagree, i don't think even a possible tier would work
Okay

He cooked and I agree. Personally I think it would be silly to scale Death below mortals when he clearly thinks of mortals as below him and saying otherwise would go against his entire portrayal narratively.

He cooked and I agree. Personally I think it would be silly to scale Death below mortals when he clearly thinks of mortals as below him and saying otherwise would go against his entire portrayal narratively.
when did he ever see mortals as bellow him, he only showed distate on cats and puss' actions, him going on about people "thinking they can escape him" is just mocking them because death is inevitable, his portrayal is not "he is physically stronger than all mortals", it is that you can't escape death once it comes and should just accept it and appreciate your life, doesn't help that he is mostly taunting puss there.

this is all assuming death literaelly fights whoever dies, but puss is the only example we have of him and he didn't even went after him to kill him as much as just teach him a lesson, we see people dying by multiple other ways in the movie and death is not slicing them or anything

The wishing star is clearly not a real star, although its wishes being erased seemed to have restored the planet, so I don't know how that would scale. Maybe it's just hax

This does entirely feel like headcanon. Hard disagreeing.
when did he ever see mortals as bellow him, he only showed distate on cats and puss' actions, him going on about people "thinking they can escape him" is just mocking them because death is inevitable, his portrayal is not "he is physically stronger than all mortals", it is that you can't escape death once it comes and should just accept it and appreciate your life, doesn't help that he is mostly taunting puss there.

Always has been. It was never a spin off just like Kung Fu panda legends of awesomeness.
The series is? Was this said somewhere?

At the end of the series Puss in Boots and Dulcinea don't go somewhere together? I don't know where this could fit in the chronology, as the movies don't quote anything from the series.

Like, some movies might be canon for the series, but that doesn't mean the series is for the movies in general.

If you could let me know why it's considered canonical, I would appreciate it.

1. The action of the series takes place after the second film. Because in one of the episodes the cat is visited by the "shadow of death" and he says in the spirit of my hour has death already come? That is, he is already getting used to the fact that he will die.
2. In the finale of the series, the cat dies and finally dies, that is, another confirmation in favor of the fact that the events of the series are Canonical

And now some phits.

During the second series, the cat rides his horse all day to the sphinx, and then the sphinx flies this distance in a couple of seconds, in another series the cat fights in flight with the sister of the sphinx, who should not yield to her sister.
It would seem a good fit.

Noooooo......
In the second season, the cat's horse for a couple of hours at least went through an indefinite upset, but at least hundreds of kilometers. Because according to the cat, the nearest hotel is 200 kilometers away from it. And after sleeping on a horse, he meets robbers who managed to walk 200 kilometers to sleep and go to San Larenso.

I just looked it up here and Gato goes back in time. He doesn't die.
That's right, because he was first killed, and then resurrected after which he was sent to the past. But this does not refute my words that he has only one life left.
Pretty sure it's supposed to take place before the first film

If it wasn't for a couple of scenes in the series, then it would have been. But the cat is not afraid of death, which means that the events of the second film have already happened.

If it wasn't for a couple of scenes in the series, then it would have been. But the cat is not afraid of death, which means that the events of the second film have already happened.
JB: Are you using any of the established supporting characters ?

DL: No. The series takes place after Puss is exiled from San Ricardo, but before he meets Kitty Softpaws, so there aren’t many characters we could use from the movies. The Shrek films take place after the Puss In Boots feature.

Well. Then it's a very strange sight... For a number of reasons that were in the series itself. But it's even a plus then. It is guaranteed to raise stats for characters

The wishing star is clearly not a real star, although its wishes being erased seemed to have restored the planet, so I don't know how that would scale. Maybe it's just hax
No, this is a real star, it can be seen from Earth even from a distance of many light years.

I don't agree with this. We don't know that Death personally attacks & kills everyone who dies in the Shrek verse... Dying of old age, sickness, accidents, etc. should all still take place too which doesn't require comparable AP.

I don't agree with this. We don't know that Death personally attacks & kills everyone who dies in the Shrek verse... Dying of old age, sickness, accidents, etc. should all still take place too which doesn't require comparable AP.
Shouldn't that give him death manipulation in the profile?

Okay, I'll write you down as "disagree".

Shouldn't that give him death manipulation in the profile?

Okay, I'll write you down as "disagree".
I think being the literal embodiment of death means it'd be fair for him to have "Likely/Possibly Death Manipulation" in there, as it hasn't been explicitly stated.

I just disagree with the AP proposal.

In general, I would like death to have rocks and two-digit mach numbers if there is an update. For in the series, the character was that with a glove he could destroy the rock with instructions, the same character holds an explosion of an energy ball that destroys the rock, and the cat punches it. I have already described the two-digit mach numbers above for what (sphinx)

In general, I would like death to have rocks and two-digit mach numbers if there is an update. For in the series, the character was that with a glove he could destroy the rock with instructions, the same character holds an explosion of an energy ball that destroys the rock, and the cat punches it. I have already described the two-digit mach numbers above for what (sphinx)
Under the rock you meant the level 8-B.

VSB does not have such a system. And you can't discuss it in another thread, you have to create a separate thread about it.

Last edited:
You know, that would mean that if Esteban and Artephius wanted to kill Death - they would do it with one shot and they would be alive for as long as they wanted to.
We don't even know if Death can be killed, so that's speculative.

As shown in the series. Even a soul is almost impossible to kill, considering that a sorcerer could eat intangible souls and it was fine for them.
This is if you do not take into account the fact that souls can tp between universes (Shrek is an example of that, and the cat also did it in the end).
Artefius, on the other hand, is semi-immortal, he can die about what he says, and in order to avoid this, he divided himself into 2 parts and made 3 tulps from his soul. To prolong his life to protect the city (that is, death is not just supposed to have such stats, but almost directly says about them that such sorcerers cannot destroy it)

And what is the problem with exposing death stats in the true form of 4-C for the fact that he can destroy the stars.
As an example
8-B for the physical body.
4-C for true form (the concept of death can affect the stars)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back