• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish Discussion Thread

Also, should Jack have some degree of resistance to Social Influencing? He is a quite literally pure evil, undeniably irredeemable monster that has genuinely no empathy at all. Even Jiminy Cricket, whose existence is to be people's conscience and help guide them onto the right path, made absolutely no progress in making Jack a better person, and outright gave up trying to do so. That right there is my argument in itself. Jiminy Cricket has very blatant Social Influencing in the same form as character's like Steven Universe or Frisk, which Jack was utterly unaffected by. So logically it also wouldn't work if they tried it. But I'd consider it a "limited" or "minor" resistance, as Social Influencing can do a lot more than that, he just resists the more empathic side of Social Influencing.

Also, should Jack have some degree of resistance to Social Influencing? He is a quite literally pure evil, undeniably irredeemable monster that has genuinely no empathy at all. Even Jiminy Cricket, whose existence is to be people's conscience and help guide them onto the right path, made absolutely no progress in making Jack a better person, and outright gave up trying to do so. That right there is my argument in itself. Jiminy Cricket has very blatant Social Influencing in the same form as character's like Steven Universe or Frisk, which Jack was utterly unaffected by. So logically it also wouldn't work if they tried it. But I'd consider it a "limited" or "minor" resistance, as Social Influencing can do a lot more than that, he just resists the more empathic side of Social Influencing.
Based on the fact that he quite literally speaking lack any empathy, the ******* Cricket itself gave up with him, and how he was unaffected by the cute face puppy face, he indeed should be one of those rare cases of character having listed resistance to SI (of couse making clear what his resistance would be, a lack of complete empathy).

Last edited:
Based on the fact that he quite literally speaking lack any empathy, the ******* Cricket itself gave up with him, and how he was unaffected by the cute face puppy face, he indeed should be one of those rare cases of character having listed resistance to SI (of couse making clear what his resistance would be, a lack of complete empathy
Oh I forgot about the Perrito stare.

Considering that it was the end of a built-up joke about Perrito learning the stare from Kitty over the course of the movie, and seemed to actually be an effective form of the stare, it's natural to assume it should scale to Puss' and Kitty's versions somewhat. And it had no effect, as you mention.

So Optional Equipment for Kitty Softpaws and I think Jack Horner, but I can't remember if he had it. Probably a large building or city block level feat.
Jack Horner never used its wave thing, so idk. Though if we give it to wielders of the trident, Puss and Goldilocks also get this

Though if we give it to wielders of the trident, Puss and Goldilocks also get this
They never even used it, just kinda had it in their possession for like, 10 seconds each. Meanwhile, both Jack and Softpaws use it to some extent. Actually, this lines up with what Jack said about Kitty working for him. Who would have though a Blue-Ray extra would connect so many dots.

Well, if a thread maker makes it so they are near a body of water, and gives him the trident, then he could pull this feat off.
Considering all of them saw what the trident does an how to do it, and Jack probably knows how to use it too, this can work if they'd use a sufficently large body of water around

Hey, should Puss get an "At most" rating because of how many inconsistences and variable his feats/showings and limitations are throughout the series? Like he goes from being flung by a giant, launching grown men hundreds of meters away with a sword swing, harming Shrek, to dying from a group of dogs, being run over by bulls, used for a cannonball, squished by a bell and a 300 something pound barbell.

They literally are gags, I don't know why they're really taken as anti-feats, and even then, most of Puss's feats probably outweighs them

Hey, should Puss get an "At most" rating because of how many inconsistences and variable his feats/showings and limitations are throughout the series? Like he goes from being flung by a giant, launching grown men hundreds of meters away with a sword swing, harming Shrek, to dying from a group of dogs, being run over by bulls, used for a cannonball, squished by a bell and a 300 something pound barbell.
The deaths are outliers/gags.

Gags. In the same way Saitama getting hurt by a cat or Goku getting hurt by Bulma aren't considered relevant, neither are these. But even if they were acknowledged, it'd just be a durability downgrade, nothing else.

16484560502142125258230734666853.png

So, when is Puss in Boots going to have this many titles?

No matter, still the best movie out of all the shrek movies
I agree it's the best, but I think a lot of us also have understandable recency bias. Considering that all the good Shrek movies are over a decade older than this, it's not hard to think we'd be forgetting about how good they were. But I'd still say that most people who think they were better are still going off nostalgia bias as well. Basically; Puss In Boots better, but Shrek is still great.

So...we got some more information on the Trident, and, oh boy, it honestly might be the most powerful calculable feat in the entire God damn series. In the Blue-Ray extras, we get to see what the trident can really do. I do think this should be treated as canon, since it doesn't contradict anything, and it even provides more context on the Cannon Ball death in the movie.
Off-topic, but people are saying you can apparently see Death in the scene when Puss claims to want to get shot out of the cannon. Is that true, because I don't see him?

Brother/Sister in christ that's just a couple pixels.
I figured. Some random comment on Death's WikiShrek page claimed this and I just don't see it either

I figured. Some random comment on Death's WikiShrek page claimed this and I just don't see it either
I hate Wikis ( besides certain ones like this ) because anyone can edit em and the moderation is low.

Back