• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pulverizing diamond - redoing the Bakusaiga calc

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavenSupreme

VS Battles
Retired
So I came across this thread

https://www.narutoforums.org/threads/fragmentation-value-for-diamond.1118544/

and was shocked to see we have a clear value for pulverizing diamond

ue to being "compressed", or pushed at one side with enough force, the diamond in question ends up being shattered.

Diamond statistics

• The compressive strength of diamond is said to be >110 Gpa
  • Mpa = J/cc, from this blog, reading from the spoiler section regarding rock.
  • 110 Gpa = 110,000 Mpa = 110,000 J/cc
This is the compression strength, or the energy required to pulverize diamond into small pieces, although if that diamond remains in large chunks, the value would be less than that.

But considering that the diamond was already being smashed to pieces when the head of that dragon barely went in, that diamond was probably pulverized in the end.

-

in this calc the low end assumes we pulverize common rock - we go with the typical 214j/cc.

id like to change that to the pulverization value for diamond.

-

early on, diamond spears have been pulverized by the same character who later performs the feat we calc

8wF5zq4.jpg

EM3JTnE.jpg

cl1lV6o.jpg

but he could not break through the armored shell

a1ZU6GS.jpg

PkfAHhe.jpg

however narakus entire body consists of an even harder form of this armored shell

cKlb4DQ.jpg

its basically:

diamond < Midseries Sesshoumarus blast with Toukijin < basic armored shell << kinka and ginka blood strenghtened armored shell < EOS Sesshoumarus blast with Bakusaiga

there are multiple other incidents in the series showcasing, proving and indicating that armored shell >>> diamond in all aspects (starting with stuff like at first not being able to be sliced unlike diamond, not being shattered etc.)

-

there is nothing really to change for the calc. the only difference would be

low end: 41883881.035 x 1000000 x 214.35 = 8977809899852250 joules

-> 2.14MT of TnT
-15% hollowness -> 1.819MT

turns to:

low end: 41883881.035 x 1000000 x 110,000 = 4607226913850000000 joules

-> 1101.15 MT of TnT
-15% hollowness -> 935.35MT

-

what do you guys think? :

Gonna push this one.

The calc itself is already accepted for quite a while. The only thing I like to discuss is whether you guys acceppt using the diamond value for its destruction, now that we can use its specific Joule.

gonna push this again, if there are no questions arising i would then go ahead and do the according fine tunings on the sesshoumaru and naraku profiles

that being said especially the naraku one does need some editing

eh gonna push again and update the profile later if no one has any complains (shouldnt be tho)

Not knowledgeable about the verse but if it's supposed to be tougher than diamonds I have no issue with using this value

thanks. in the OP i have also linked the panels where sesshoumaru (the one who later performs the feat) has in previous occasions easily pulverized diamond only to fail to harm the material he later pulverizes as well.

if needed i can bring the specific panels which confirm multiple times that said spears are made out of diamond.

I may have misunderstood, but if you do a new version of an old calculation, you need to post it in a blog, and then ask the current calc group members to evaluate it, before you change any statistics.

You also obviously have to update the calculation link afterwards.

the calculation is not new. nothing has changed in scaling, method, used panels, references etc. only the energy required to pulverize rock was changed to the energy required to pulverize diamond. nothing else was not touched. not a new calculation.

i edited the original calculation with "Update from" and a link to this thread.

Well, since the changes have been applied, should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back