• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This CRT will handle an AP Upgrade for the mid-tiers, as well as some alterations to certain character's calc that got updated.

Mountain Level Mid-Tiers
This calc has been accepted and this value would scale to Rowan due to it being an imitation of his ability
In the midst of a chat between Arakiya and Cecilus, who were the defeated and the victor respectively, a conversation taking place in a vast field reduced to a scorched plot, the latter had sliced open the clouds with his katana, a technique he had purported as being nothing but something for show.

In reality, Cecilus had thought it held no utility other than for surprising people; having witnessed it first-hand, Arakiya too evaluated that as a skill devoid of any useful purpose whatsoever.

That, was the divine miracle of empty sky that Rowan Segmunt had spent his lifetime devising―― for those who were transcendent monsters, it was worthy of naught more than being dubbed a flashy performance.

That was to say――,
It was simply that Rowan had never met someone who would inform him of his current position, nor had he met someone who could boost him up from his current position.

The reason he had been able to avoid Iris’s initial attack from the Crystal Palace was because she, adverse to the deaths of others as she was, had had no intention of landing the attack.

The reason for which the undead Balleroy Temeglyph had fled from the “cloud-cutting” technique was because he feared an unexpected counterattack from Cecilus Segmunt; thus, he had wished to avoid pursuing them too far.

The reason he had remained safe until now, amidst the Great Disaster brought about by the hosts of undead, was because the only ones that had appeared before him were opponents his sword skills were perfectly capable of handling.

The reason for which Rowan had not been dispossessed of his life by Cecilus Segmunt, the latter refusing the former’s attempt at instigating the assassination of the Empire, was because the latter had said “It may be impossible Dad, but get really strong then come back here and fight me, I’ve got a feeling that a development like that’d be heated!” on a whim.

The reason why Rowan Segmunt had continuously escaped death till this day, was none other than the scales of fortune and misfortune always tipping in the direction of fortune for him.

And now, the opponent Rowan had encountered in the Imperial Capital, which had transformed into the Undead Capital, was also the sole enemy that had no intention of taking Rowan’s life.

――The world would not grant Rowan’s wish, but it continued to only illuminate the paths where he would survive.
Rowan: [――Cloud-cutting.]

With the blade being unsheathed, a flash of the sword was unleashed; Iris, standing motionlessly, faced it head-on.

The air present ahead was cut down by the flash, the foliage interrupting the path were cut down by the flash, all notions of sound and wind were consigned to oblivion; in all his life until now, it was the most honed Rowan’s blade had ever been.

And the woman in the beautiful dress, Iris, would have her head lopped――,

Iris: [――This is as far as it goes.]

By merely tilting her head, she avoided the finest brandish of Rowan’s life, and grumbling those words like a sigh, Iris firmly stepped on the ground, and moved forth.

The ultimate existence of the Great Disaster, did not grant Rowan the time to swing his sword a second time.
Iris: [While you are still with your life, you must leave the Imperial Capital.]

Those words were to be spoken at the outset to the weak; spoken only at the end of a duel to the death were the opponent strong.

As an opponent to whom these statements ought be given, Rowan was a terribly troublesome person. ――He was not weak. Yet, neither was he strong. If she was forced to put it to words, he would be the apex of the common man.

Thus, in regards to the reality spread throughout the Imperial Capital as it was in the moment, his presence could even be called a sin.

Narratively, Rowan's placement as "The apex of the common man." would make any "strong" character scale above him. However, a tangible scale can be found like so;

Rowan < Balleroy (does not fear cloud-cutting) ≈ Julius ≈ Old Wilhelm ≈ The White Whale, which is the source of the 8-B rating that most characters currently scale to.

As such, all 8-B characters would be upgraded to 7-A.

Value change for the 5-C's and High-6A's:
The Current value that they scale to has been updated to 270 Exatons and 27 Exatons respectively
This change would apply to:
All the 5-Cs become 5-C+ (270 Exatons)
Reinhard, Cecilus & Reid become High 6-A+ (27 Exatons)
Ram becomes 5-C (135 Exatons)

this value would scale to Rowan due to it being an imitation of his ability
To expand on this argument;

The chapter itself refers to this as Rowan's life's work, and uses Cecilus' opinion of the cloud-slash he himself performed to show his opinion of Rowan's technique. This would mean that Rowan scales to the feat that Cecilus calls "nothing more than a flashy display, with no real usefulness whatsoever."

I want to know how exactly is this not a outlier, when all the other feats for the mid tiers place them way bellow this calc.
Like:
Rowan < Balleroy (does not fear cloud-cutting) ≈ Julius ≈ Old Wilhelm ≈ The White Whale
The White Whale have a feat for they durability that place them waaaaaaaaaay bellow this calc. How exactly we explain that?

Like, if someone can explain better, the way i seeing this, Rowan is only 7-A only when he performs the cloud cutting, and his normal physical capabilities don't scale to that, which... you know.

The White Whale have a feat for they durability that place them waaaaaaaaaay bellow this calc. How exactly we explain that?
The White Whale, while nerfed & severely injured, was pinned underneath a ridiculously-huge tree, yes. Not a very severe antifeat given the circumstances, though there have always been antifeats below 8-B even— visually 9-A explosions did damage to the Whale for example.

Though I would mention that the Author has decided to make the scale of battles larger, something he decided on in Arc 7 & 8, which is where this feat is from.

The White Whale, while nerfed & severely injured, was pinned underneath a ridiculously-huge tree, yes. Not a very severe antifeat given the circumstances,
I mean yeah, given how big the Tree is, the Whale could not have the strenght to sustain and lift the whole Tree because of how tall It was, so they could just been pin down for the attack long enough to Willhelm to finish It off.

If was that, It is not that of a big deal of a anti feat. But considering the Whale actually take demage for the attack, Is kindaaaa hard to ignore the fact that she take demage for a attack that is dozen of times weaker than It own durability.

So i kinda... torn.

though there have always been antifeats below 8-B even— visually 9-A explosions did damage to the Whale for example.
There's also the other feats for the mid tiers, like this, this and this, but they all Anime, so we can ignore It.
Though I would mention that the Author has decided to make the scale of battles larger, something he decided on in Arc 7 & 8, which is where this feat is from.
Sure.

The white whale simply lacked the LS thats really it. Any visually 9-A feats could just have lacked range and AoE so not much antifeats there.

Anyways I guess this is alright if no other antifeats are available to contradict it. It just seems like a "flashy technique" thats very casually performed by a Top Tier and regarded as the best thing one of the lower end mid tiers can perform.

In conclusion I agree for now unless someone else has anything else to say.

If was that, It is not that of a big deal of a anti feat. But considering the Whale actually take demage for the attack, Is kindaaaa hard to ignore the fact that she take demage for a attack that is dozen of times weaker than It own durability.

So i kinda... torn.
I simply rationalize it under "It's spent the past several hours getting butchered, then it's power got divided by 3." Also technically the calc also uses the anime, and the calc is actually High 8-C

Personally my favourite antifeat was when it was implied that Puck would need to transform in order to contain the bag of Fire Magic Stones explosion from Arc 3. It's so silly lmao

Last edited:
I simply rationalize it under "It's spent the past several hours getting butchered, then it's power got divided by 3." Also technically the calc also uses the anime, and the calc is actually High 8-C
The white whale simply lacked the LS thats really it. Any visually 9-A feats could just have lacked range and AoE so not much antifeats there.

Anyways I guess this is alright if no other antifeats are available to contradict it. It just seems like a "flashy technique" thats very casually performed by a Top Tier and regarded as the best thing one of the lower end mid tiers can perform.
I agree FRA.

I also agree for the values changes for the upper tiers. BTW, 5-C!Ram sounds awesome.

wtf, wasn't Reinhard like top 2?? I'm out of the loop for re: zero but wtf
Reinhard is the strongest and he can never be defeated, but that doesn't mean he always has the greatest AP (without his sword). With his sword he has the greatest AP though.

If he draws his sword he's a good match vs Volcanica for example, which implies that without it Reinhard has less pure power than Volcanica.

What does the White Whale scale to?

The AP section methods how it almost killed Ricardo with 1/3rd of its power, who is comparable to Wilhelm, Elsa, and Julius.

Wouldn't that mean it's normally 3x stronger than them? Is that being factored in or no?

What does the White Whale scale to?

The AP section methods how it almost killed Ricardo with 1/3rd of its power, who is comparable to Wilhelm, Elsa, and Julius.

Wouldn't that mean it's normally 3x stronger than them? Is that being factored in or no?
It can be I suppose, everyone was chopping chunks out of it but they're much smaller than it, so the damage wasn't as severe as one would expect. After it divided by 3 Wilhelm was able to completely bisect it in one swing though.

It can be upgraded to 7-A+ (615 Megatons) then. It wouldn't affect scaling I believe.

I think that's everyone done, feel free to check I didn't miss anyone or mess up anything.

Can we please put the reasoning for 7-A on the actual profiles? Someone who hasn't followed the series would have no idea what they scale to, it's a bunch of links to other profiles, which was cool before cause they ultimately went to the Whale, but now it's just a circle.

Speaking of the Whale, it's missing the + on it's rating.

Can we please put the reasoning for 7-A on the actual profiles? Someone who hasn't followed the series would have no idea what they scale to, it's a bunch of links to other profiles, which was cool before cause they ultimately went to the Whale, but now it's just a circle.
Rowan didn't have a profile so I just stuck in on the Verse Page. How do you feel about something like;

Rem— Mountain level (Considered not too strong or weak, therefore she is comparable to [Rowan](linked feat))
&
Garfiel— Mountain level (Considered rather strong, therefore he is superior to [Rowan](linked feat))

Or we could use Balleroy as the new "center" of scaling since he explicitly doesn't fear Cloud-Cutting in the slightest.

You guys forgot her second key. Also somebody forgot to apply her Accelerated Development stats to her tier, durability and striking strength, if I am not mistaken.

Edit:

Shaula's second key also needs to be updated.

Back