• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kaiju No. 8 Verse Calc Concerns

Introduction​

This is not me trying to be petty or mean to one specific verse I just noticed this verse has alot of problems with the calcs that scale the majority of the verse

Me and KobsterHope talked this out for the most part on his walls however I want to finish what I started

This will just be me going through some of the higher end calcs and explaining the problems with them

Lets get started

Bomb Punch

This one has already been revised once but I still believe the size found is incorrect

The calc goes out of it's way trying tro find it's size in unconventional ways that favor a larger size, when we have a direct comparison with No. 8 in this panel right here
https://******************/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/08-31-722x1024.jpg

This panel suggests a much smaller size than the 100 meter diameter currently used

I'd also like to point out that this calc assumes flesh density when the monster making up this bomb are noted to be lightweight, the bomb floats in the air for a good several panels before Kafka hits it, and behaves like a inflated object when Kafka finally does hit it as you can see above.

This makes me weary of treating this as a sphere completely full of flesh as the panels we see seem to suggest something different

Tokyo Quake

This calc is incorrect for one simple reason, the earthquake mentioned isn't even an earthquake, it's a sinkhole.

The only affected area of the supposed magnitude 7-8 earthquake is the sinkhole, we see the buildings directly next to the sinkhole are completely unscathed from the quake.
As such the earthquake method of this calc should be disregarded

As for the actual destruction portion of this calc, this feat was done over an unspecified amount of time and by dozens of ants, not to mention this assumes they destroyed the entire area which is not the case as the buildings and land above caved in before the hole was formed.

So this too should be considered invalid

Isao Destroys a Skyscraper

This one really should have been noticed sooner considering pulverizing and entire Skyscraper only yields 10 kilotons

First the height used for the floor height is wrong as a curtain wall spans multiple floors and is larger than a single floor

Second for the initial material destruction he assumes that the building is almost entirely made of steel, Stainless Steel to be exact which is not the standard. Instead it should use a 1:5 Steel to Concrete ratio like we use in the common feats page and also use regular steel instead of stainless as skyscrapers do not use stainless steel as structural foundations for buildings.

Thirdly after finding the volume of the top portion of the building he does not subtract the giant hole he calculated earlier form the total volume, basically calculating the same feat twice and adding both results to each other.

Until these problems are fixed this calculation absolutely shouldn't be used

KN9 Human Form Explosion

The second half of the calculation uses the size of No. 9's explosion as the volume for a cone of rock.

Needless to say No. 9 didn't pulverize a cone of rock that size and we have no reason to believe it could, in fact the direct aftermath shows quite the opposite with the ground being unaffected and only the surface buildings being wiped away.

Creating Holes in a Mountain

We have no reason to assume that these holes were vaporized and while the article does indeed state that meteorites and the immediately impacted material is mostly vaporized this is an oversimplification as this only occurs directly where the meteor impacted and shortly after melted dust and debri is ejected to form the larger crater.

This is also disregarding that this was just the observation of some random hikers who just compared it to an impact crater and to assume they know the exact mechanics behind a meteor impact is a stretch.

Gigachad Mina Ashiro at Work

This one...

Very simple, the ang-sizing used to find the size of the Kaiju uses a panel where the bullet is traveling to the Kaiju instead of actually from where it was fired

https://******************/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/07-5-1024x748.jpg
https://******************/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/08-5-701x1024.jpg

As you can see from where Mina is the Kaiju is completely invisible and so it can't be used.

Also about that found size

It's quite clear in the many panels we are given showing these Kaiju that they are nowhere near the multiple kilometer size that was found in the calc so the fact that this was overlooked is incredible

Kaiju No. 8's Transformation

This is not an explosion, this is just the Kaiju's sensing Kafka's transformation in the same way No. 9 did arcs earlier. We also get further confirmation as Kafka himself can sense the Dai-Kaiju in the other wards upon his transformation and the other Kaiju should be capable of similar sensing abilities.

Also the fact that the immediate area he's standing in isn't completely atomized by this supposedly mountain level explosion is also good supporting evidence I guess

Kaiju No. 2's Main Burst

I left this one for last as this is the most debatable

Here are the scans

It states that it nearly destroyed Sapporo but the timeframe it did this in is never specified and even the panel were given showing this still shows the city very much intact.

The main burst is noted to have "Devastated" the city which in many contexts just means to greatly damage

The fact that we see this attack used later on in chapter 51 with nowhere near the destructive capacity suggested in the calc also supports this

All that plus the fact that this attack would now be the strongest in the verse being 72x stronger than the next strongest attack (Done by the strongest Kaiju in the series btw) adds support to the notion that we should use the more conservative interpretation of this feat, that being that it caused great damage to Sapporo which can mean any number of things not that it litterly nuked the entire city off the map

That's all for now, there's a few more that I have problems with but they aren't used to scale the verse as of yet so I'll leave them out

Last edited:
This makes sense to me. Either Kafka, or the surrounding buildings should be used to pixel scale. Even the window used to pixel scale in the blog was used incorrectly. Instead of measuring the entire window, only 1/3 of the window was used.

As for the Kaiju's alleged lightweight nature, I disagree with that notion. The Kaiju wasn't noted to be lightweight, it was just said that the its back is softer to lessen the weight, as it's a flighted creature, where lowered weight is essential.

The Kaiju being inflated is baseless. It seemingly floating for a couple panels doesn't mean that it needs to be inflated, or not filled with flesh as other Kaiju are.
I agree with the Earthquake and destruction points. Neutral, leaning toward disagreeing with your timeframe gripes. It should 't really matter that much in my opinion.
While you have a point on the concrete to steel ratio, I completely disagree with the "10 kilotons for destroying a skyscraper" sentiment. Different skyscrapers = Different yields™. I also agree on the volume of the hole point.

Should be uncontroversial. I agree with this.
This makes sense to me, although the meteor comment wasn't in the perspective of the hikers, but just a general statement of what is known about the mysterious craters, which would include experts on meteoritics and whatnot.
This makes sense to me.
I disagree with this. We see when Kafka transforms that the pressure of the transformation caused a shockwave that blew away everything around him. Because of this, we know that at the very least, a shockwave was present, meaning that the idea of it no simply being Kaiju sensing other Kaiju a little more valid. We then see a pressure strong enough to blow Shinomine's hair back and cause surrounding objects to rattle (as noted in the SFX).

The formula used in this calc are for finding the energy in the shockwaves as a result of explosions, meaning that the formula can be applied to a feat like this.

The Kaiju being inflated is baseless. It seemingly floating for a couple panels doesn't mean that it needs to be inflated, or not filled with flesh as other Kaiju are.
Baseless? You acknowledge that it was floating for several panels. Things filled with flesh don't just float, none of the Kaiju in any of this chapters has an ability or anything otherwise that would suggest the ability to levitate or the like. So what reason do we have to assume its full of flesh?
I agree with the Earthquake and destruction points. Neutral, leaning toward disagreeing with your timeframe gripes. It should 't really matter that much in my opinion.
Earthquake and Destruction parts were my main gripes anyway, ill take what I can get
While you have a point on the concrete to steel ratio, I completely disagree with the "10 kilotons for destroying a skyscraper" sentiment. Different skyscrapers = Different yields™. I also agree on the volume of the hole point.
I know, its just a general sentiment that when the destruction of a "relatively" normal sized skyscraper yields values 100x greater than average that it should raise some red flags

Basically it's me questioning how it got approved in the first place
This makes sense to me, although the meteor comment wasn't in the perspective of the hikers, but just a general statement of what is known about the mysterious craters, which would include experts on meteoritics and whatnot.
Good catch however it wouldn't matter anyways as its stated that "It's unknown whether it was Kaiju or Meteorite at this point in time." meaning they haven't brought out the experts to verify yet. It seems to be just the general comparison from a news reporter.
This makes sense to me.

I disagree with this. We see when Kafka transforms that the pressure of the transformation caused a shockwave that blew away everything around him. Because of this, we know that at the very least, a shockwave was present, meaning that the idea of it no simply being Kaiju sensing other Kaiju a little more valid. We then see a pressure strong enough to blow Shinomine's hair back and cause surrounding objects to rattle (as noted in the SFX).

The formula used in this calc are for finding the energy in the shockwaves as a result of explosions, meaning that the formula can be applied to a feat like this.
Only in that small area do we see that happen though

We see in the respective panels showing their reactions no evidence of a shockwave reaching that far

Back