• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Profile image additions or replacements requests (New forum)

I'm here to request for permission to remove all depictions pictures from live-action adoption of Romance of the Three Kingdoms in character profiles. The reason is that there are different versions of live-action adoptions Romance of the Three Kingdoms and they sometimes have noticeable differences in stories. Both the stories differences and the live-action character depiction are controversial topics inside the RotTK fandom, so it is better to remove them to prevent such debate.

The new Toppo image was badly cropped, with lots of empty space surrounding it, which made it fit badly in Toppo's VSBW profile page, so I cropped it, uploaded the new version, and then resized it in the page in question.

I'm here to request for permission to remove all depictions pictures from live-action adoption of Romance of the Three Kingdoms in character profiles. The reason is that there are different versions of live-action adoptions Romance of the Three Kingdoms and they sometimes have noticeable differences in stories. Both the stories differences and the live-action character depiction are controversial topics inside the RotTK fandom, so it is better to remove them to prevent such debate.
Please explain further. It is likely preferably to include images for the version of the RotTK stories that we feature in our wiki.

Please explain further. It is likely preferably to include images for the version of the RotTK stories that we feature in our wiki.
The problem is that there is no consensuses regarding "which live-action depiction is better" inside RotTK fandom. The current depictions are likely from the television series https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Kingdoms_(TV_series) (which is nicknamed as "New Three Kingdoms"). However, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance_of_the_Three_Kingdoms_(TV_series) (which is nicknamed as "Old Three Kingdomes") is a notable live-action adoption of RotTK too. They are two major live-action adoptions and it is not even started to discuss other adoptions.

The issue is that putting the "New Three Kingdoms" depictions as the sole representation of live-action depictions is controversial as it is debateful if "New Three Kingdoms" is "better depiction" (and sometimes the topic is a flame bait among RotTK fandom). The adoptions (including "Old Three Kingdoms" and "New Three Kingdomes") have taken liberally in the stories based on the view and commentary on certain characters IRL, meaning that the depictions differences could lead to heated discussions.

Therefore, it could be concluded that there is no widely-agreed live-action adoption of RotTK and therefore our current practice (only using "New Three Kingdoms" depiction as "live-action depiction") is both inaccurate and controversial.

The suggested solution is to remove all live-action depiction pictures from character profiles of RotTK.

Last edited:
I think the current Modern Sonic render for base form should be replaced with this (it looks better imo)

TheFrontiersSonic.png

The currently used image looks excellent as far as I am concerned. Your new suggested replacement image also looks quite good, but not quite as good in my view.

You need to upload them to our wiki first.

Am I allowed to add them in the presented profiles?
Yes, that is fine for orange Piccolo. Thank you for helping out.

Ultimate Piccolo looks roughly the same way as usual though, and we have a better looking image for that already, so it seems unnecessary.

Yes, that is fine for orange Piccolo. Thank you for helping out.

Ultimate Piccolo looks roughly the same way as usual though, and we have a better looking image for that already, so it seems unnecessary.
Mhm, @Mask_Green What do you think tho? Is it really necessary to add them or not?
I have no issues, but I appreciate your input

The Orange Piccolo seems good to add in any case. Feel free to do so.

Back