• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Profile image additions or replacements requests (New forum)

Can Legendary Dragon Render be changed to this?

Note: It's the same Dragon, this is just the current version he appears in the game

I am afraid that I think that the currently used image is preferable, as it shows his entire body from the front, rendered and in colour.

Well then how about the first one?

It's actually an image from the manga (a chapter cover I believe), it's in color, I can ask for it to be rendered, and it shows his full front.

The current image isn't even from the anime nor manga. I have no idea where it's from

The pose is not very good for a character profile page, and looks a bit disproportionately scaled. Our currently used image looks better, even if it is not official.

I don't see anything wrong with it? It's an official image which automatically should trump anything else because it's fanmade and not official. All we'd have to do is scale it up or down proportionally. We have profiles with big renders on the pages, so I'm confused on what the issue is.

I'll try getting other staff opinion on it because the current one is definitely worse than the first one imo

We don't automatically consider official images to trump fanmade ones. You can read the discussion near the end of this thread.

Like don't get me wrong, I don't think the fanart is bad. But I believe that the official one is not only official, but it is also a valid and good replacement. It's not like it's a terrible render or image. If they are both good then I think the official one should be preferred, that's all I'm saying. At least in this case.

unknown.png

We generally use the best available rendered images, but favour official ones if the qualities are comparable. However, in this case I think that all of the alternatives that you provided looked outright bad or didn't show the character's full body from a good angle, so I am afraid that I have to reject your suggestion.

We generally use the best available rendered images, but favour official ones if the qualities are comparable. However, in this case I think that all of the alternatives that you provided looked outright bad or didn't show the character's full body from a good angle, so I am afraid that I have to reject your suggestion.
I rendered the one Nierre brought up, and I don't see an issue with it. It looks good, shows Koji's full body, is colored, and it's official.

unknown.png

It is cut off and shows him crouched and drawn in a disproportionate manner. The other image shows his entire body and apparell from a straight angle.

It is cut off and shows him crouched and drawn in a disproportionate manner. The other image shows his entire body and apparell from a straight angle.
The only thing cut off his part of his cloak. Many other people in this wiki have renders extremely similar to the one Nierre proposed:

Again, Official art > Unofficial art in most cases, especially in a case like this where there's nothing wrong with the official art.

There are several things wrong with the official art, as I mentioned earlier, and we only tend to use such bad-looking images if nothing better is available. I don't have the time to argue with you indefinitely about this, and am not going to change my mind here. My apologies.

I'm referring to the one that was rendered.

It shouldn't just only be about the characters "full body from a good angle" (despite the rendered image already showing the character's FULL BODY), it is official, it is a full body render, it is colored, it is quite literally from the manga, it is a solid render and would work for a render for his profile, and most importantly it showcases character, and gives him personality, as the author intended so.

Compared to Koji's fanart render, it's a lifeless, non canon render that does not give justice to the character in question. A lot of profiles now have official renders on their profiles that give justice to their characters despite there probably being some lifeless full body renders out there, like Delta, Naruto Pt. 2 (Kyubi Influence), TS Luffy, PTS Zoro, Sulong Carrot, TS Sanji, PTS Usopp, Gladius etc etc etc etc

The point I'm trying to make is that the personality of the characters as well as official (colored, full body etc) should all be taken into account. Not just a lifeless husk of a character put on the profile and be done with it. I don't understand why you prefer a render that's lifeless and dull compared to one intended by the author and literally drawn by the illustrator, and fairly hits all the targets needed to be added onto a profile.

There are several things wrong with the official art, as I mentioned earlier
The things you have mentioned are completely invalid.
  • "It's cut off"
Only part of his cloak is, and that is not an issue at all
  • "He's in a crouches position"
I'm not sure where you see that
  • "He's drawn in a disproportionate manner"
No he's not. I'm not sure if "disproportionate" is the word you meant to write because it's not disproportionate at all.

Excuse me if I'm being dramatic but you're acting exactly opposite of what you're trying not to be. You're not willing to listen or compromise, and acting like a dictator. DT said in that screenshot that it as long as it fits the requirements it should ULTIMATELY be up to the people interested in the character, which would be me and the Naruto/Boruto supporters. Since he's also a Bureaucrat, I'll be taking his words (you even liked his response).
unknown.png

Changed to

Changed to (Higher quality image)

I am not remotely being a dictator. I am just sticking to our usual standards, and cannot always agree with all suggestions from regular members, and I need to help out in a continuous quality control function, so our wiki turns as good-looking as possible.

The right arm and other upper parts of Kashin Koji look disproportionately larger than the rest of his body in that image, it does not feature him from a straight angle, and not all of his clothes are included. I am fine with if we replace the current image with something official and better-looking, but so far all of the options that you have provided do not look nearly good enough for encyclopaedic purposes compared to an image that is rendered and coloured, and features the entire body of a character from a frontal position, in a proportionately drawn manner, even if it is a bit boring for your tastes.

That is all, and I am still too busy to waste time continuing to extensively argue about a character profile image. I have many more important tasks to handle.

Also, DontTalk made his reply over a year ago, and I tend to put a like on staff posts even if I disagree, in order to show my appreciation for them helping out.

Last edited:
I've already said I'll ask for more opinions from other staff and supporters.

Thank you for your opinion.

Well, it would be much better if you simply search for other images that both of us can agree about.

Also, I have accepted plenty of other images that are not in straightforward angles, including some of the examples that you provided earlier, because they are proportionately drawn and feature the entireties of the characters and their attires. The problem here is that the image that you provided doesn't fulfill those requirements. It is frankly unfortunately rather badly drawn.

Compare with this image for example, which is of much higher quality:

Well, it would be much better if you simply search for other images that both of us can agree about.
I've tried, he doesn't have many full body showings that are high quality or colored like that one.
It is frankly unfortunately rather badly drawn.
Well I understand how you feel as Ikemoto's artstyle isn't very... good but that's really all we can work with which is why I'm against using that random fanart, as opposed to what we actually do have. I personally don't think it looks terrible, but I do agree that it's not amazing lol

Thank you for trying to be reasonable. Again, the problem isn't with an official image from another angle than the front, it is just that the official one is considerably more incompetently drawn than the inofficial one in this particular case.

Back