• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Then it should be changed, there was an entire ass thread months and months ago telling everyone "References are mandatory now" in no uncertain terms
It is, look at the introduction
References is a section in character profiles where the source references can be shown. They should be used whenever and wherever possible to increase the reliability of the information presented in the pages and to improve the overall quality of this wiki.

A whole section where it is stated they are not optional

Never mind. I checked through the arguments here and agree that we have plenty of far more morally disgusting and depraved verses in our wiki, including the SCP Foundation, Berserk, the Cthulhu Mythos, Ultrakill, Redo of Healer, Uber, Family Guy, American Dad, Rick and Morty, Hellblazer, Hellraiser, The Boys, Evil Ernie/Lady Death, Transmetropolitan, the Castlevania animated series, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Bleach, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, Preacher, Spawn, Drawn Together, the Venture Bros, and many many others. As such it doesn't make any sense to target this verse in particular because it features many characters that are misogynistic rapists, as long as the story is not explicit enough to break our and Fandom's standards.

Last edited:
Never mind. I checked through the arguments here and agree that we have plenty far more morally disgusting and depraved verses in our wiki, including the SCP Foundation, Berserk, the Cthulhu Mythos, Ultrakill, Redo of Healer, Uber, Family Guy, American Dad, Rick and Morty, Hellblazer, Hellraiser, The Boys, Evil Ernie/Lady Death, Transmetropolitan, the Castlevania animated series, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Bleach, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, Preacher, Spawn, Drawn Together, the Venture Bros, and many many others. As such it doesn't make any sense to target this verse in particular because it features many characters that are misogynistic rapists, as long as the story is not explicit enough to break our and Fandom's standards.
not to derail, but why did you put Bleach there? the worst they have is random fan service.

No, that is not astonishing at all, I'd say it's just dishonest.

I don't see any reason for Haru to be removed, but comparing it to things like Bleach is beyond me.

Haru follows a prostitute protagonist whose plot heavily focuses on sexual activities. It has a storyline outside of that, but sex is a fundamental part of the series.

Almost everything Antvasima listed is far more tame and has no reason being compared to this.
The fact that you listed all this out of your mind is astonishing.

Sometimes, SCP presents genuinely repulsive or revolting concepts, but it is unrelated to this discussion now.

not to derail, but why did you put Bleach there? the worst they have is random fan service.
The fact that Mayuri, who makes Nazi-level experiments on sapient subjects, is presented as one of the good guys combined with the hopeless mirthless thrill-killing amoral power-obsessed dystopian nihilism of the verse.

No, that is not astonishing at all, I'd say it's just dishonest.

I don't see any reason for Haru to be removed, but comparing it to things like Bleach is beyond me.

Haru follows a prostitute protagonist whose plot heavily focuses on sexual activities. It has a storyline outside of that, but sex is a fundamental part of the series.

Almost everything Antvasima listed is far more tame and has no reason being compared to this.
Nope. All of what I listed is far more morally out there as far as I am concerned, just not usually in a sex-focused manner.

The fact that Mayuri is presented as one of the good guys
no one thinks of Mayuri as a good guy. I think a lot of people don't like him except for one quote he has when he was talking with Szayelaporro.
combined with the hopeless mirthless thrill-killing amoral power-obsessed dystopian nihilism of the verse.
pretty sure a key message of the series was to find hope when there likely is none, but that's just my interpretation.

Again, not all immoral or amoral topics are focused on sex and rape alone. Mayuri has continuously done things that are far more extreme than even something as thoroughly repulsive as rape, and none of the "good guys" seemingly bat an eyelash about it.

Also, the Bleach narrative itself spreads all of the negative sentiments and perceptions of reality that I mentioned earlier to its readers, so I do not exactly hold Tite Kubo's moral character and social sense of responsibility in high regard.

Last edited:
The fact that Mayuri, who makes Nazi-level experiments on sapient subjects, is presented as one of the good guys combined with the hopeless mirthless thrill-killing amoral power-obsessed dystopian nihilism of the verse.
The fact that you compare Mayuri to an nzst is dishonest to say the least, at the same time it's hilarious that you talk about bleach and stay silent about some disgusting marvel/dc stories that you love so much

The fact that you compare Mayuri to an nzst is dishonest to say the least, at the same time it's hilarious that you talk about bleach and stay silent about some disgusting marvel/dc stories that you love so much
Oh, hold on, you're mistaken. Ant actually detests DC/Marvel narratives, haha. He opposes both verses. Just because he has knowledge of them or has read them doesn't mean he enjoys them.

Oh, hold on, you're mistaken. Ant actually detests DC/Marvel narratives, haha. He opposes both verses. Just because he has knowledge of them or has read them doesn't mean he enjoys them.
Some of the verses he lists as his favorites have some immoral themes in their own right.

Which verses? I can guarantee you none of the verses he mentioned is any of his favorites because it goes against his standards.

Alright, for the public, this deletion request has been denied twice, don't you think we need some rule now? Because it became tiring.

I find plenty of Marvel/DC stories extremely immoral or amoral. I like many of the classic characters, not remotely all of the stories that many writers have spun around them.

Also, yes, Mayuri is fully comparable to the most diehard Nazis considering the experimentation he did on Quincy souls, speaking as somebody who had almost half of his family tree exterminated by real Nazis.

Anyway, this argument is derailing severely, and should stop now, and again, I am not forcing you to agree with me, but I have thought through the above issues indepth, and it is what I currently genuinely believe.

We might need an addition to our discussion rules page at least.

Also, are any other staff members here willing to delete hostile and derailing comments while I am away please?

We might need an addition to our discussion rules page at least.
to be honest, I didn't know that even existed. It could probably be something like "Verses Like 'Redo of Healer' and 'JK Haru is a Sex Worker have had extensive debates on where they land on our Acceptable Content Rating Scale, and further discussion of this topic is not allowed" or something like that. I'm not exactly the best rule writer. it could probably list other verses, but I feel like it could get the point across
I prefer like a list of denied suggestions, should be found in the OP.

Back