• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

There's a leftover profile of Demonbane verse that i think the admin forgot to delete, much appreciated if someone can do that.

Following files need deletion:
  • J. Jonah Jameson: File's High 8-C is unfairly given because he had controlled the Spider-Slayer once, and even that was remotely. 10-A is also ridiculous, his "Martial Arts" is him doing Tai-Chi in the morning like any old person. This is a file made solely to winfarm off a "10-A" with zero relevant P&A
  • Itsy Bitsy: Character appears for 6 issues total, and fights Spider-Man and Deadpool simultaneously. Not to mention the P&A and formatting for even these few appearances are bad. All-in-all, an inconsistent character that only exists to confuse any reader further of the tiering standards we have for comics.

Following files need deletion:
  • J. Jonah Jameson: File's High 8-C is unfairly given because he had controlled the Spider-Slayer once, and even that was remotely. 10-A is also ridiculous, his "Martial Arts" is him doing Tai-Chi in the morning like any old person. This is a file made solely to winfarm off a "10-A" with zero relevant P&A
Question, is JJJ really that featless?

I think that we should delete Itsy-Bitsy, but Jonah is a prominent very longtime character. I think that he should preferably stay, just be properly reworked in terms of statistics.

Yes, that proposal for Jameson deletion ignores a lot of context. ("made to farm wins" but has no wins)
iirc I got all the stomps removed or closed them on the spot, but yeah you're the one ignoring context here, Cropfist :/

iirc I got all the stomps removed or closed them on the spot, but yeah you're the one ignoring context here, Cropfist :/
Why should we delete a character that loses a lot? Thats like saying we should delete any fire Emblem character that is 7-B because I can farm wins for Oryx, the Mad God and Void Entity on all of them. Seems like bias if you ask me.

No bickering please. Impress just tries to maintain necessary high standards for our comic book pages, given how inconsistent the verses almost always are.

Why should we delete a character that loses a lot?
This is known as missing the point.
Thats like saying we should delete any fire Emblem character that is 7-B because I can farm wins for Oryx, the Mad God and Void Entity on all of them. Seems like bias if you ask me.
If the character is a 10-A with ZERO NOTABLE STATISTICS and POWERS AND ABILITIES, they shouldn't be listed.

Oh it is, that user has a grudge against comic pages that don't meet some unreasonably high standards, particularly mine.
bruh

It's not even my standards, your pages are piss poor most people I show them to.
Not adding ANY elaboration towards P&A and how the shit you list even functions, not adding them to even to verse page, not adding any references to comics pages when that's a RULE now, and refusing to do ANY of these things when we ask you to.

Your conduct and pagemaking are poor to the level people have deadass insisted on you getting a filemaking ban

Ok I really would ask my question again to back on topic. Is JJJ really, through entire Spider-Man history, didn't have any notable feats?

It's not even my standards, your pages are piss poor most people I show them to.
Not adding ANY elaboration towards P&A and how the shit you list even functions, not adding them to even to verse page, not adding any references to comics pages when that's a RULE now, and refusing to do ANY of these things when we ask you to.

Your conduct and pagemaking are poor to the level people have deadass insisted on you getting a filemaking ban
I totally vouch for Zark here, further more what makes this even more baffling is the fact that you're capble of making decent pages like here
Yet a vast majority of the pages are like this
Like idk how you are with other verses but I'm all in favour for banning you from making pages for Marvel unless you vet said pages through someone first

bruh

By elaboration, you mean "dig through 69 years worth of comics and link a scan in every single letter of the text and type out the full issue name for each one, and no you can't use respect threads even though they did exactly that." Sorry, but it's unfeasible to expect god-tier detail of that level from everything, and don't get started on conduct. I haven't made (relevant) Marvel pages as recently as you think, so it wouldn't matter either way.

This is not me making shit up, he has literally refused to improve his profilemaking throughout the time I have reported him in regards to above complaints. They're not minor complaints either, listing Mindhax without listing potency is genuinely a massive problem because in vs. debates they're exceptionally important, and having no references means even I can't check the potencies myself to fix the page.

And to top it off, I wouldn't be able to fix his pages in the first place because I can't find them. Marvel Comics is nearly a 700 item category, so not listing the file on the verse page means not having made the file to begin with, by chance encounter do I find these random files with barely any elaboration amongst the sea of profiles.

I report him, I warn him, and he brushes me off, what the hell am I supposed to do? If it was a new user I understand, if it was a forgetful user I understand, Cropfist right now on the thread has stated BASIC filemaking etiquettes I've asked him to incorporate, as "my standard" and admits to be disregarding them.

By elaboration, you mean "scour through 69 years worth of comics and link a scan in every single letter of the text and type out the full issue name for each one, and no you can't use respect threads even though they did exactly that."
Yes. I do. I do that, Tllm does that, Tracer does that, Confluxtor does that, Qawsedf did that, New does that, Yobo does that, Jackythejack does that, every user keen on making Marvel files does that, alotta people do that. Don't make the files if you don't even research the characters, and thus by proxy aren't familiar with them. This is in the Welcome messages for users.
Sorry, but it's unfeasible to expect god-tier detail of that level from everything, and don't get started on conduct. I haven't made relevant Marvel pages very recently, so it wouldn't matter either way.
I'm sorry I can't tell when I can find pages even now considering you never linked them to the damn verse page.

By elaboration, you mean "dig through 69 years worth of comics and link a scan in every single letter of the text and type out the full issue name for each one, and no you can't use respect threads even though they did exactly that." Sorry, but it's unfeasible to expect god-tier detail of that level from everything,
Don't make the pages then, simple
Marvel requires high standards for pages so unless you gonna improve don't make them

Look, Cropfist usually makes insufficiently high quality comic book pages, yes, given that we need higher standards of referencing and consistency for them, but there is no need to insult him about it.

Anyway, let's return to Jonah.

Given that he has used Spider-Slayer armors, I think that he is likely fine to list.

He doesn't even use that.

Also I mean, respect threads can be biased af and lead to feat exclusions. They're basically last resort
Then Cropfist can take what is reasonable from the respect threads and put them profiles, I dont know why he/she didn't think for that.

Look, Cropfist usually makes insufficiently high quality comic book pages, yes, given that we need higher standards of referencing and consistency for them, but there is no need to insult him about it.
I haven't insulted him, but I will keep with my demand to profile ban him from Marvel

We haven't insulted him so in my opinion, this is a very basic complaint post.

I haven't insulted him, but I will keep with my demand to profile ban him from Marvel
I suppose that might be an option if we delete all of his pages anyway, and he refuses to improve their quality.

Yes. I do. I do that, Tllm does that, Tracer does that, Confluxtor does that, Qawsedf did that, New does that, Yobo does that, Jackythejack does that, every user keen on making Marvel files does that, alotta people do that. Don't make the files if you don't even research the characters, and thus by proxy aren't familiar with them. This is in the Welcome messages for users.

I'm sorry I can't tell when I can find pages even now considering you never linked them to the damn verse page.
Don't make the pages then, simple
Marvel requires high standards for pages so unless you gonna improve don't make them
"Don't make pages unless they retroactively meet the standards of a few users who find them years after they're made, even though every page he makes is listed on his user profile"

"Don't make pages unless they retroactively meet the standards of a few users who find them years after they're made, even though every page he makes is listed on his user profile"
Even for their time period they'd still be low quality

Anyway, I think that we can keep Jameson, but that somebody should likely improve on the page quality.

I have to go do edit-patrolling in the wiki now in any case, so everybody should behave while I am gone.

...I'm not your stalker, I don't stare at your userpage, I have better things to do, this is a lapse in judgement to a ridiculous degree, and I have literally deleted a couple of your pages the day after they were made, so this is a hyperbole at the absolute best... and honestly are you straightfaced gonna argue your lapse in judgement for not properly researching the pages is OUR FAULT for having basic standards?

If you're consistent enough to note them in your profile btw, this just paints the fact you never list them on the verse page in worse light.

Look, listen, don't dismiss basic standards as something high, and do at least the bare functional level, this is ridiculous to repeat after all these years

I suppose that might be an option if we delete all of his pages anyway, and he refuses to improve their quality.
A bit speaking of about banning, I guess I was banned from editing and creating profiles (I guess because I was overediting one profile too much(iirc tried to fix some grammar mistakes I previously did while editing)).

May I ask to be unbanned please? Would do my best to not repeat that previous mistake of mine.

Back