• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You should probably stop whining about it, you kinda sound like you're playing the victim card here.
how was i "playing the victim card" there? my point was that it sounded like you were forcing expletives into your sentences just for the sake of being edgy. that has nothing to do with me being a "victim".
...Mate you're using the wiki I have obligations to. I have to check your shit.
if you're gonna get all worked up about it, it would probably be better for everyone involved if you just let someone else handle it. i'm not trying to whine about you being mad at me or whatever, but creating a tense atmosphere like that really doesn't help anyone.
Even if he has a hard time understanding how to properly operate on the site, his attitude towards self-improvement is defeatist
i'd be lying to myself if i was expecting to succeed right now, mostly because i haven't even figured out how to start yet. i really don't see how this calls for some optimism.
and he lacks any sort of remorse for his actions.
i recall apologizing to people when they've called me out on my conduct, and i actually regret several of the profiles i've made. i sorta feel guilty about being annoying and stuff, but i think i'd be more apologetic if those people had told me i was annoying them in the first place rather than going to the rvr thread and acting like i'm the spawn of satan.
This on top of the other rule violations he had committed prior including inserting unverified statistics into pages and making borderline troll edits to pages.
at the time of that edit i didn't know that i needed a crt to make minor or simple changes. i thought crts were generally preferable, but not absolutely necessary unless the user was making massive, complex, or numerous changes. i also wasn't aware of the punishment for violating those rules. if i was, i probably would've been a bit more careful not to break them. well, hopefully, at least.
the shrek categories weren't even for the memes, i just noticed some missing categories on shrek's profile, so i decided to just go through the list of categories and add everything i thought applied to him. "cannibals" was added because he has been shown eating human eyes (although come to think of it he technically wouldn't be a cannibal for doing this since he wasn't eating other ogres), "kings" was added because he was briefly a king in shrek the third, hell, even "messiah characters" was added because he was an expected deliverer in some kinda prophecy or something.
We clearly told him certain feats weren't usable yet he chose to use them anyway.
we were debating that, and the thread was closed before the argument was over (from my point of view, at least), so i just decided it could be resolved later.
This is very clearly intentional wanking that he hides with his demeanor- that's the impression I get at least.
if i wanted a scapegoat, a facade of stupidity would hardly be my best choice. i wouldn't even need to make something up. i could tell you all about how my life's been going for the past two years and pretend this was just a way of coping with it. i could link my """funny""" profiles to the facade i actually hide behind in real life. hell, i could probably play my ******* autism card and it'd be a better excuse than "i'm stupid". but from my experience it's impossible to convince someone that they're incorrect when they've already decided what your intentions are. so i won't try to. just, uhh, don't be so certain when you guess someone's intentions. no one is as intuitive as they think they are, and misunderstandings and miscommunications are very common, especially when it comes to me.
Besides, when he's clearly been warned already, this at least calls for a ban from profile-making.
that warning wasn't even related to my profiles. unless you're talking about the warning i got, like, over nine months ago.

sorry for the late response, but i didn't want to make it look like i was trying to make you guys just forget that this happened.

@BigSmoke4269

I would kindly advise you to shut up and stop responding to every single little criticism about you. I have actually been in the camp to give you the greater benefit of the doubt, but every time you open your mouth like this, you are just inviting more and more criticisms and it just hurts you in the long run.

Tl;dr, stop defending yourself on things that have already been settled, and just let it go and continue pursuing what you can. The fact is you've created a negative stigma around yourself, and these kinds of posts are not helping you, and are in fact hurting you.

Yeah, I'm going to sleep now. You guys can judge for yourselves if it's in the process of being updated. If it isn't deleted or updated by the time I wake up, I'll delete it myself.

@BigSmoke4269

I would kindly advise you to shut up and stop responding to every single little criticism about you. I have actually been in the camp to give you the greater benefit of the doubt, but every time you open your mouth like this, you are just inviting more and more criticisms and it just hurts you in the long run.

Tl;dr, stop defending yourself on things that have already been settled, and just let it go and continue pursuing what you can. The fact is you've created a negative stigma around yourself, and these kinds of posts are not helping you, and are in fact hurting you.
I agree that BigSmoke should try to ignore provocations, rather than make situations worse by responing with rants, but to be fair, he is a young person with a mental disability that prevents him from understanding social situations. It usually takes much longer for autistic people to learn such things with experience, and we don't tend to understand them intuitively. I personally consider BigSmoke to be mostly harmless, and that we should try to be nicer to him, rather than greatly exaggerate how malicious he is.

I am still fine with a profile-making ban, but also think that we should try to give him greater leeway in how we all treat him, rather than constantly attack him. It is also very confusing for people with more serious forms of autism to be attacked for their behaviour without being made properly aware of what exactly they have done wrong.

Last edited:
@BigSmoke4269

that would be fine if criticism like that wasn't being used to propose absurdly harsh punishments, like the times i was nearly permabanned for being annoying or talking about cool cat too much.
I agree that BigSmoke should try to ignore provocations, rather than make situations worse by responing with rants, but to be fair, he is a young person with a mental disability that prevents him from understanding social situations. It usually takes much longer for autistic people to learn such things with experience, and we don't tend to understand them intuitively. I personally consider BigSmoke to be mostly harmless, and that we should try to be nicer to him, rather than greatly exaggerate how malicious he is.

I am still fine with a profile-making ban, but also think that we should try to give him greater leeway in how we all treat him, rather than constantly attack him. It is also very confusing for people with more serious forms of autism to be attacked for their behaviour without being made properly aware of what exactly they have done wrong.
uhh...i kind of agree, but i really don't feel like using autism as an excuse. besides, it doesn't seem to be valid here anyways. from what i've seen, vs debating tends to be a bit of an autism magnet (no offense), so a lot of people here probably have it as well.

how long is this profile-making ban? am i banned for a fixed period of time? am i indefinitely banned until the other users think i've improved? or am i just banned forever?

talking about cool cat too much.
Cool cat has literally been made a nono to mention because someone spammed him to the point where the staff got so sick and tired of saying "no" to his creation that they literally banned the mention of him and his verse.

that "someone" was me. i repeatedly tried to get a profile for him accepted. eventually the mods got tired of it and banned the mention of him. while they were doing that, they also considered permanently banning me, and they probably would've gone through with it if the bureaucrats didn't step in.

that "someone" was me. i repeatedly tried to get a profile for him accepted. eventually the mods got tired of it and banned the mention of him. while they were doing that, they also considered permanently banning me, and they probably would've gone through with it if the bureaucrats didn't step in.
considering you even admitted you didn't know his source material very well you shouldn't have even made pages to begin with, I make sure I at least know the damn source material well before I even begin to make the pages. anyway lets shut up about this before we get taken to RVR and you get banned.

Copy-paste of the Daniel LaRusso page

Copy-paste of the Daniel LaRusso page
then you really won't like it when I start to make Warriors pages lol

anyway yes that is literal copy/paste so it should be deleted

Sir_Ovens handled it. Thank you for helping out so much. I appreciate it.

For how long should BigSmoke's profile-making ban last?

About the earlier mentioned Mysterio profile, I can add context.

Destroying all parallel dimensions would, in fact, physically scale to Mysterio. He was amped by the full power of The Tablet or Order and Chaos, mere fragments of which were shown to physically amp other supervillains and give them extra superpowers (turning the deformed Norman Osborn into a hulking monster capable of tossing ferris wheels and rag dolling Noir Spider-man for example) It was stated that the full thing would give him the power to destroy dimensions and make it so "everything is Mysterio!"

Physically scaling to Spider-man should be an outlier though, as they (there are four of him here, from the Amazing, Ultimate, Noir, and 2099 universes respectively) were not amped and consistently struggled with people who only wielded mere fragments of the tablet up to that point, which are no where near as strong feat wise.

I'd be willing to make a CRT for the Shattered Dimensions verse as a whole, but It'd take time, as I'm kinda busy irl. I haven't played the game in years and would have to go searching for feats, but tier 2 Mysterio is legit for it.

Sir_Ovens handled it. Thank you for helping out so much. I appreciate it.

For how long should BigSmoke's profile-making ban last?
honestly i think that when it runs out he should have his profiles be approved before posting them, at least for the first few, i think that's a good fix

i was thinking of that, but i'm not sure how that would actually work, especially since most of the other members probably hate me too much to even bother doing that

i was thinking of that, but i'm not sure how that would actually work, especially since most of the other members probably hate me too much to even bother doing that
Send them to me then, I can tell you if the feats and scans would warrant the tiering or not, considering I am currently in the process of building 2 verses from the ground up

I don't hate you, honestly I think that would completely fix the issue.
at the very least, you seem to believe that i have malicious intentions.
Send them to me then, I can tell you if the feats and scans would warrant the tiering or not, considering I am currently in the process of building 2 verses from the ground up
uhh...okay..? i guess that could work, but i don't really want to waste the time of a relatively productive member (as far as i can tell) by asking them to evaluate my subpar profiles.

uhh...okay..? i guess that could work, but i don't really want to waste the time of a relatively productive member (as far as i can tell) by asking them to evaluate my subpar profiles.
I have more free time then I know what to do with, yah really shouldn't be worried about that lol

Okay. Should we use that solution then? If Armorchompy and DaReaperMan are willing to act as evaluators and mentors to BigSmoke, he is not allowed to post any profile pages without their evaluations and approval from now onwards. He can post his drafts in personal sandboxes and show these to each of them. If the drafts are deemed stupid and/or unprofessional, they are not allowed to be posted.

Okay. Should we use that solution then? If Armorchompy and DaReaperMan are willing to act as evaluators and mentors to BigSmoke, he is not allowed to post any profile pages without their evaluations and approval from now onwards. He can post his drafts in personal sandboxes and show these to each of them. If the drafts are deemed stupid and/or unprofessional, they are not allowed to be posted.
i doubt i get any say in this, but this sounds like it would work. can i create user blogs for drafts as well?

Back