• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Juujika No Rokunin.
While the profiles mostly have scans, everything else about them is horrendous. The 9-B "feat" is not even remotely 9-B. The superhuman and subsonic speed feats don't have a calc and I'm not even sure if they're actually that speed. One of the LS feats have a calculation that wasn't even evaluated, and the scan for the other is missing. Some characters have abilities for absolutely ridiculous reasons, like one of them having Social Influencing just because they bully the main protagonist, or the protagonist himself having Fear Manipulation via, get this, the fact that he tortures people.

Then there's also the fact that one of the verse's supporters is Cloudyagami, who was recently banned from this forum and wiki and was also infamous for giving tiers and abilities for characters of his favorite verses that they shouldn't have, often without a CRT, and Steezstifler, who I'm pretty sure was banned for being a sock of Agami. So, the supporters also can't be called upon to fix it.

Never thought I would see "nearly transcending his own cosmology and universe" on a Half-Life profile

Profile is in general bad. Seemingly inconsistent ratings (especially on Dark Energy) with no explanations, some made-up abilities and range of hundred of meters for "training snipers". Also the Profile gives Breen the gravity gun, which he had for like 5 seconds.
Nuked
Juujika No Rokunin.
While the profiles mostly have scans, everything else about them is horrendous. The 9-B "feat" is not even remotely 9-B. The superhuman and subsonic speed feats don't have a calc and I'm not even sure if they're actually that speed. One of the LS feats have a calculation that wasn't even evaluated, and the scan for the other is missing. Some characters have abilities for absolutely ridiculous reasons, like one of them having Social Influencing just because they bully the main protagonist, or the protagonist himself having Fear Manipulation via, get this, the fact that he tortures people.

Then there's also the fact that one of the verse's supporters is Cloudyagami, who was recently banned from this forum and wiki and was also infamous for giving tiers and abilities for characters of his favorite verses that they shouldn't have, often without a CRT, and Steezstifler, who I'm pretty sure was banned for being a sock of Agami. So, the supporters also can't be called upon to fix it.
This looks fine to delete to me, though I'll wait for other staff input before doing anything. Maybe someone else wants to revise the verse

Thanks a lot to everybody who are helping out here. 🙏

So what currently needs to be done here?

Last edited:

So... No scans/calcs for AP, Dura and Ls, and just a quick look can tell that a lot of things are missing in the profile

So what we should do? Delete the whole King Ednymion key from tuxedo mask's profile or delete King Endymion's profile? Same with Neo-Queen serenity

So... No scans/calcs for AP, Dura and Ls, and just a quick look can tell that a lot of things are missing in the profile
Yeah, profile is pretty barebones and poor, honestly i don't mind deleting it.. What do the others here thinks?
I don't mind deleting it as well.

I had previously spoken to @MrKerf about these not being permissible in my opinion, but it seems they went and made them anyways (why bother asking, one must wonder?). Regardless, I'm bringing it here for further discussion.

Gloryhammer is a verse similar to Steam Powered Giraffes, it's just music videos and such with lore put to them. No problem with that. The problem comes from the Angus McSix section of the page, which is non-canon in that it is made by a member who was booted from Gloryhammer taking their stuff and doing what he likes with it- it isn't a crossover, he's just trying to make his own lore with their lore.

This is obviously problematic for our purposes for a few reasons: can any writer from any show who has been fired from said show continue making things as an extension, on their own dime, and have it be considered canon? Could an artist who was laid off depict a character from one of their past works as killed or such and have that be taken as absolutely true?

My personal opinion, the profiles for Angus McSix ought to be deleted/moved to FC/OC, as they are, functionally, fanfiction from a fired former band member. These profiles would seem to include Angus McSix, Thalestris, Skaw!, and Seebulon.

I had previously spoken to @MrKerf about these not being permissible in my opinion, but it seems they went and made them anyways (why bother asking, one must wonder?). Regardless, I'm bringing it here for further discussion.

Gloryhammer is a verse similar to Steam Powered Giraffes, it's just music videos and such with lore put to them. No problem with that. The problem comes from the Angus McSix section of the page, which is non-canon in that it is made by a member who was booted from Gloryhammer taking their stuff and doing what he likes with it- it isn't a crossover, he's just trying to make his own lore with their lore.

This is obviously problematic for our purposes for a few reasons: can any writer from any show who has been fired from said show continue making things as an extension, on their own dime, and have it be considered canon? Could an artist who was laid off depict a character from one of their past works as killed or such and have that be taken as absolutely true?

My personal opinion, the profiles for Angus McSix ought to be deleted/moved to FC/OC, as they are, functionally, fanfiction from a fired former band member. These profiles would seem to include Angus McSix, Thalestris, Skaw!, and Seebulon.
I actually asked it before Matt made a rework crt of the entire verse, after which I notified him (few posts from the top) about your stance and we had a convo about it. His reasoning convinced me again, as well as the fact that I've actually read our crossover rules regarding one-sided canons.
Wasn't really participating in profiles creation, but I did and do support it and researched a bit.

I just wonder why you asked and then continued to not tell me about you going against my ruling. It's a strange damn choice.

This is not a crossover, by definition. This is the verse being continued by a fired employee.

I just wonder why you asked and then continued to not tell me about you going against my ruling. It's a strange damn choice.

This is not a crossover, by definition. This is the verse being continued by a fired employee.
I kinda didn't think about it tbh. Hindisight is 2020, sure, but at that point it haven't crossed my mind.

Listen, I am sick so I won't be arguing, I came today to check if Owl House profiles are moving (they aren't), so I'll abstain from discussion. You can ask Matt though.
But I do personally believe that it retroactively falls under onesided crossovers, by now becoming another verse.

Thomas Winkler actually owns the Trademark to Gloryhammer in Switzerland. The more you know (Well, he doesn't own it anymore, but the trademark was signed in his name until recently. It's likely that there was some internal agreement going on in the band when it split).

Also, even after being fired from Gloryhammer, Thomas Winkler continued to collab with other bands as Angus McFife in multiple music videos (The first video says Ft. Angus McSix but that's because the description was altered once the new band got announced. He's clearly Angus McFife in the video). This isn't an infringement of copyright in any way because Gloryhammer is actually owned by Napalm Records, the Record Label that the band signed up with, and so even after being fired from Gloryhammer, Thomas was still able to show up as Angus in other bands. He also announced that he will be making a guest appearance in a Nanowar Live Tour to sing their song he was previously featured on as Angus, but now as Angus McSix. This is at least notable that they're choosing to have him show up as Angus and not the current Gloryhammer Angus, Sozos Michael.

Napalm Records is also the label that Angus McSix is signed up with.

Angus McSix should be considered one-side canon. The first three Gloryhammer Albums are canon to it, but after that it's going in its own direction. Nothing in Angus McSix influences Gloryhammer going forward from the fourth album onwards, nor vice versa.

Calling it Fanfiction is extremely disingenuous because this is not something that is being done unprofessionally for free. It's being sold and commercialized as an official product by the same label that publishes and sells Gloryhammer.

Finally:

This kind of split isn't even unprecedented when limited to the Niche of Fantasy-Themed Symphony Power Metal bands. Famously, the Italian band Rhapsody (Which Gloryhammer most frequently references and parodies). First they went through a trademark battle that led them to change the name to "Rhapsody of Fire", and later the band's Composer, Luca Turilli split-off from the band and started his own band called "Luca Turilli's Rhapsody". Keeping the same name. Both bands are also currently signed with the same label, Nuclear Blast, it's worth bringing up. They are BOTH considered Rhapsody and they exist concurrently (Well, or did until Luca Turilli's Rhapsody disbanded on February 2023).

Last edited:

Stupid me forgot a profile for Independence Day Harvesters already exist. I still call dibs on the explosive yield calc, tho.:

Thomas Winkler actually owns the Trademark to Gloryhammer in Switzerland. The more you know (Well, he doesn't own it anymore, but the trademark was signed in his name until recently. It's likely that there was some internal agreement going on in the band when it split).

Also, even after being fired from Gloryhammer, Thomas Winkler continued to collab with other bands as Angus McFife in multiple music videos (The first video says Ft. Angus McSix but that's because the description was altered once the new band got announced. He's clearly Angus McFife in the video). This isn't an infringement of copyright in any way because Gloryhammer is actually owned by Napalm Records, the Record Label that the band signed up with, and so even after being fired from Gloryhammer, Thomas was still able to show up as Angus in other bands. He also announced that he will be making a guest appearance in a Nanowar Live Tour to sing their song he was previously featured on as Angus, but now as Angus McSix. This is at least notable that they're choosing to have him show up as Angus and not the current Gloryhammer Angus, Sozos Michael.

Napalm Records is also the label that Angus McSix is signed up with.

Angus McSix should be considered one-side canon. The first three Gloryhammer Albums are canon to it, but after that it's going in its own direction. Nothing in Angus McSix influences Gloryhammer going forward from the fourth album onwards, nor vice versa.

Calling it Fanfiction is extremely disingenuous because this is not something that is being done unprofessionally for free. It's being sold and commercialized as an official product by the same label that publishes and sells Gloryhammer.

Finally:

This kind of split isn't even unprecedented when limited to the Niche of Fantasy-Themed Symphony Power Metal bands. Famously, the Italian band Rhapsody (Which Gloryhammer most frequently references and parodies). First they went through a trademark battle that led them to change the name to "Rhapsody of Fire", and later the band's Composer, Luca Turilli split-off from the band and started his own band called "Luca Turilli's Rhapsody". Keeping the same name. Both bands are also currently signed with the same label, Nuclear Blast, it's worth bringing up. They are BOTH considered Rhapsody and they exist concurrently (Well, or did until Luca Turilli's Rhapsody disbanded on February 2023).
Could you provide proof that he owns said copyright? Not that I don't believe you, you just didn't provide evidence and that's a substantial piece of evidence. Or, at least, owned it when he made these characters- if he doesn't own it anymore, I suppose my above points get muddied, but I would rephrase them as such: Whoever owns it would be in control of what does and does not get considered to the Gloryhammer "canon". If he does not own it, and the party that does now own it has not given confirmation of legitimacy to all works made by him since he owned it, then said works would not be valid, in my opinion.

That's awesome but basically irrelevant to me and this discussion. The fact that he still references his previous employment in productions isn't really a strong selling point- control of copyright is.

Noted.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this but there are indeed professional fanfiction creators- 99% of all content available on DMs Guild is, in fact, professional fanfiction. Sorry.

Other instances of invalidation isn't evidence that this isn't invalidation.

In the end, it comes down to who owns the trademark. If the creator of Angus McFife owned the trademark at the time of his music's creation, and says its canon, I have no issue with handling it as such. If he didn't own the trademark at the time of the music's creation, and there's no statement that would make it canon from the actual trademark owner (I do not presume this to be the case, given that you make no mention of this, even while making other largely irrelevant points), then I do hold issue with handling it as canon, as that is the precise moment it becomes fanfiction/a different work of fiction.

Could you provide proof that he owns said copyright? Not that I don't believe you, you just didn't provide evidence and that's a substantial piece of evidence

It has since transferred to Christopher Bowes but he owned the trademark at the time of firing which must have made things awkward behind the scenes. This is purely speculation but I wouldn't be surprised if he and Bowes came to an agreement that he could still be Angus.

That's awesome but basically irrelevant to me and this discussion. The fact that he still references his previous employment in productions isn't really a strong selling point- control of copyright is.
I'm not sure how it's irrelevant. Both bands are signed and partially owned by Napalm Records and Winkler isn't infringing on any copyright with his band.

Other instances of invalidation isn't evidence that this isn't invalidation.
This feels extremely disingenous. Rhapsody of Fire / Luca Turilli's Rhapsody is not a case of invalidation. I pointed out that it was a case where a band split into two but both are still recognized as part of the same brand.

It has since transferred to Christopher Bowes but he owned the trademark at the time of firing which must have made things awkward behind the scenes. This is purely speculation but I wouldn't be surprised if he and Bowes came to an agreement that he could still be Angus.
The Angus McSix songs, from what I can tell, were released in 2023, whereas that is from 2021. Can you confirm that whoever the current trademark owner is has given permission to this band to continue to branch out with the IP, or not? From where I sit, unknowledgeable though I am on the band, it seems they have continued with their own version of the character previously played by Thomas Winkler- this implies to me a clear decision to move past 'im. Combined with Winkler apparently no longer holding the trademark, I find this all very notable.

I'm not sure how it's irrelevant. Both bands are signed and partially owned by Napalm Records and Winkler isn't infringing on any copyright with his band.
It's irrelevant in that Napalm Records is most likely not the creative directors of this canon. The fact that they signed Winkler as a musician after his falling out with his band is definitely not some statement of canonical intent.

This feels extremely disingenous. Rhapsody of Fire / Luca Turilli's Rhapsody is not a case of invalidation. I pointed out that it was a case where a band split into two but both are still recognized as part of the same brand.
I don't really care, tbh. I'm not here to discuss other bands- they aren't currently held as valid on this wiki, so bringing them up is bringing up completely unrelated and as-yet unevaluated cases that I'm not particularly interested in exploring. You can feel however you like about that.

It's irrelevant in that Napalm Records is most likely not the creative directors of this canon. The fact that they signed Winkler as a musician after his falling out with his band is definitely not some statement of canonical intent.
Is your argument from legality (I.e, who owns the brand) or creativity (I.e, who writes and etc.). Because it feels disingenuous to open with a statement that Angus McSix is Fanfiction, but then when I follow with proof that this is an official product licensed by the same brand label that sells Gloryhammer (If it truly was fanfiction, he wouldn't be able to make money off of it as that would be copyright infringement), you instead pivoted to arguing about who created the character instead.

Because the person who makes creative decisions on Gloryhammer (Gloryhammer) would produce tell you that canon and timelines are for dumb losers and maybe drop a slur in the process. Christopher Bowes is documented as to not give a shit about lore and canon and just make shit up as he goes along.

If you take everything he says at face value, then Keyboardist Jens Johansson is part of Gloryhammer Lore as the "King of Fife" because he collabed with one song they did. Not even a character, just the actual real life guy. And when Thomas Winkler did a Guest Appearance as Angus for a Nanowar song, they claimed that Angus was reincarnated as the God Odin, Master of IKEA.

So I believe that the argument from legality as to determine whether or not Angus McSix is a legitimate split-canon spin-off or not is more fruitful for discussion. Given that the character of Angus was a joint creation by Thomas Winkler and Christopher Bowes, wasn't trademarked at all until 2019 when Winkler trademarked him, and since his breakup with the band he has now continued as Angus in a new band he fully owns. I think it's valid.

At worse I make a separate verse page for it if we want to be pedantic and say it's not part of Proper Gloryhammer.

Last edited:
Maybe it's easier to just ban "Band with lore" type verses all together since it seems they can easily spiral into a legal nightmare
Just a thought though

Juujika No Rokunin.

Bump, this still needs to be resolved.

Maybe it's easier to just ban "Band with lore" type verses all together since it seems they can easily spiral into a legal nightmare
Just a thought though
At worst Angus McSix should just me a separate verse page though I find it redundant since it’s a Gloryhammer Spin-Off band.

Back