• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a borderline case, but does not seem very relevant to keep around.

Agnaa said:
Casper_the_Friendly_Ghost_(Composite)Aside from the minor formatting issues can be fixed relatively easily, does this character deserve a composite profile?
Regardless of whether he deserves a composite, there should be much more evidence/better justifications used.

I also happen to think he shouldn't need a composite profile, although if he would need one that one isn't up to our standards.

I don't think that the Casper profile seems particularly bad.

Antvasima said:
I don't think that the Casper profile seems particularly bad.
I don't think it's so much about the quality (even though Dargoo seems to agree), but more that I thought we had pretty strong requirements on what's needed for a character to have a composite profile.

Does Casper meet those requirements?

I do not know. If he has no coherent "main" canon, it should probably be fine.

Well, it can probably stay as long as it isn't unreliable. It does not seem to cause any harm.

I took most of the feats directly from the wiki itself, so I can´t think of a way to properly reference them.

Leaving that at a side, it´s accurate.

Yogi Bear should probably be fine, as long as you have reliable feats to scale from.

I think that Reppuzan allowed the page to be created, and would try to improve on it.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
They're non canon but non canon profiles are allowed as long as we don't scale canon characters to them. Mawgu, Minecraft Story mode, etc.
They are canon. This tale from resurrection hub explains them as being canon, but not under the control of the foundation. They're created by and contained by insane/delusional reality warpers.

So should we delete the page or not?

In my opinion, no, it should just be retooled into a weapon profile.

Okay. Is anybody willing to handle it?

Okay. I suppose that you can probably delete them then. Just remember to first check the "what links here" option, so you update the pages that link to them.

I don't see the problem. This is a character indexing site anyway so having the crossover forms of said characters does no harm to anyone. They're decently popular and used anyway so I see no reason they should go

The problem is that they go against our current rules, which only allows profiles for non-canon versions of a character if they're notable and different enough. Which isn't really the case for these two here (their popularity in VS Debates not mattering).

Allowing them would allow any crossover versions of a character (like Smash) to have profiles, which wouldn't work.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
The problem is that they go against our current rules, which only allows profiles for non-canon versions of a character if they're notable and different enough. Which isn't really the case for these two here (their popularity in VS Debates not mattering).
Then why this is still here? I thought that the reason it wasn´t taken was just because of popularity.

CH is a common concept with this sort of thing, and in general is the exception and not the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back