• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
This is a thread to report profiles and pages, that users come across, that are sorely lacking in justifications, have poor formatting, are almost empty of content, or are otherwise unacceptable by our wiki's standards.

Please report any such profiles to this thread to see if the profiles are liable for deletion, or if they can be revised with help from the staff or regular members.

It should be noted that while regular users can report poorly made profiles, or make a quick note that they are able to help out with fixing a faulty page, only staff members are allowed to discuss whether or not they should be deleted, as othervise this thread would quickly turn unmanageable from the sheer number of responses.

However, if you would like to contribute to the conversation, please leave a message on a staff member's wall.

Note: It is highly recommended that all staff members subscribe to this thread, by clicking the "follow" button in the upper right corner of this post.

Continued from here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1653895

I like to request the deletion of the following pages:

Bluster Kong, Undo Dog (Super Mario Maker), and Pauline.

The former two are rather insignificant in their respective verses with the Undo Dog being nothing but a tool for customizing levels. And while the latter is an ideal character, she have shown no combat prowess whatsoever to warrant a profile.

Care to define "insignificant"? Because we've allowed characters I'd argue are very insignificant in their verses before. Case in point, this bird. I think both Bluster Kong and Undo Dog hold much more significance than that, especially since the former is a legitimate recurring character, and the latter has an actual feat and makes multiple appearances in the game outside of its function as a delete button.

Honestly as long as it's an official character with actual feats to scale to, and not some obscure background animal like a random rat that only appears in one shot, I think it should be fine. That, and I'm not sure if being a tool in the game automatically negates Undo Dog's validity as a character.

I agree about Bluster Kong. We don't arbitrarily refuse non-canon-only characters, even if they're minor.

@Kru

We've got plenty of characters who are "just" X and that's it. Be it humans or animals. It's not a valid reason to axe it.

All a train can do is move back and forth on tracks and that's it, hardly significant; It has such a bad restriction it's not going to win any matches and is hardly combat applicable at all.

Well, contrary to the name of the wiki, we apparently are an indexing site first and foremost, with vs threads being a secondary concern. Thomas being bad at fighting doesn't mean he needs to be deleted, even if he's kinda pointless for that purpose. We don't delete ENIAC for having an off switch, after all.

So any train can be accepted as a profile then?

We have profiles for perfectly non-sentient vehicles or weapons, just not for trains yet. I don't think having a profile for a real-life train would be forbidden either, it just never happened.

This is composite tree levels of cringe-worthy, lol.

To be honest... it doesn't really matter.

Its a character, by extension, it can have a page, it isn't any more combat aplicable then monarch of pointland

@Nedge

I've deleted the "Holy users" Category and the page you accidentally made.

Assaltwaffle said:
I'll leave a message to the user unless you want to, Saikou.
I'm talking to them about it in chat.

I blocked him. He is clearly a troll.

It's not the just fact they can't fight, neither character are relevant enough in their respective series. Bluster Kong is just a rival to Donkey Kong for Candy's affection and the Undodog is just an editing tool, rather than a full-fledge character. As mere "supporting" characters, appearing more than once isn't enough to warrant a profile as neither had any notable combative prowess or talent. They aren't like, let's say, Bulma from the DBZ, who's the team's key inventor.

Does it matter if a character has a significant role or not? If the character has feats and an actual identity, we shouldn't delete them on a whim. And it's not like Bluster only appeared once or twice, as he seems like a rather recurring character.

Not sure about the undodog. Nevermind the fact that I doubt that Mario Maker has any sort of canon due to just being an editing tool, but the dog itself doesn't seem like its anything more than a tool with a dog skin.

Might as well make a profile for the noodle shop owner for Naruto then. I would like to know any sort or talent or feat Bluster has in order for his profile to be restored.

Undo Dog stays deleted, however.

Bluster's role as the show's comic relief grants him quite a few durability feats, actually. I used to watch the hell outta the Donkey Kong cartoon as a kid.

He is also a prominent character in the show.

Undo Dog should stay deleted.

@Kepekley23

I'm sure he does, since it's a cartoon and all. I wacthed the cartoon alot too on Fox Family but I mostly remembered Donkey Kong doing all the fighting.

Meanwhile the Bird That Carries You Over A Disproportionately Small Gap as well as every enemy that appears in Undertale (including BoG fodder), remains on this wiki and nobody bats an eye to it. If we can allow that, we can allow Bluster Kong. Again, it's not like he's just some random one off extra who does nothing; he's a legitimate recurring character.

As long as they're an actual sentient thing that either does something, has legitimate feats, or plays some kind of role aside from an extra with a couple lines of dialog, I'd say they're alright.

That's why I think Undo Dog can stay; it is all of those things. Its appearances outside of the level maker indicate that it is indeed a sentient being that only acts as a tool, it has a feat of being able to wipe out entire levels with its rocket, and it has a rather significant role since level design would be tedious without it.

But that's just my two cents and if it's overruled I can concede.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back