• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Undo dog should go, but bluster Kong seems fine.

ArbitraryNumbers makes a good case.

Undo Dog does seem to break the rule that the characters must originate from actual stories, so under that criteria it probably wouldn't be able to stay.

Dino Ranger Black said:
I like to request the deletion of the following pages:
Bluster Kong, Undo Dog (Super Mario Maker), and Pauline.

The former two are rather insignificant in their respective verses with the Undo Dog being nothing but a tool for customizing levels. And while the latter is an ideal character, she have shown no combat prowess whatsoever to warrant a profile.
Looks like someone hates fun

@CCMac27

You realize that there's Joke Battles Wiki for joke profiles, right? They, and other such insignificant characters have no place on the main wiki.

Wokistan said:
@CCMac27
You realize that there's Joke Battles Wiki for joke profiles, right? They, and other such insignificant characters have no place on the main wiki.
Pauline has been a very important character in every game she was in.

Pauline is also a 10-B with no powers. Her presence is kinda pointless, especially when she's never fought.

Wokistan said:
Pauline is also a 10-B with no powers. Her presence is kinda pointless, especially when she's never fought.
this wiki is an indexing wiki, not a Vs wiki.

Her only having regular human stats doesn't matter.

There's nothing really to index though. She is identical to any random person with the exception of not being real. It's akin to adding files for random civilians who happen to get names.

Wokistan said:
@CCMac27
After one look on the Joke Battles wiki I can see it's sole purpose is to add unfunny memes into certain profiles with no mods, such as Saitama being shown as Caillou and saying "he beat Chuck Norris hahahah". Your point proved nothing, these characters shouldn't have been deleted.

All the composites are there, stuff like barney is there, there's files there that aren't just spam. The undo dog isn't really a character, I'm fine with bluster kong, and Pauline is indistinguishable from insert random human.

Anti-seizure_Medication_(Marble_Hornets)

This isn't some kind of SCP creature, this is literally inanimate pills. No powers, no nothing. This is tantamount to making a page for "Painkillers (PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds)". It has no place on a VS Debating site since it can't fight or be used by anyone to fight.

Yeah, that's something that goes under equipment, not a file. If its there for the abilities, just give the user those resists with the stipulation that that's while drugged.

Assaltwaffle said:
VS Debating site since it can't fight or be used by anyone to fight.
we are not a VS Debating site, we are an indexing site, but i agree, that page should be removed

22Easy said:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Michael_Afto

Should this be allowed? Isn't Purple guy's identity still shrouded in mystery, and it's only because of a popular theory that it's believed Michael Afton is purple guy?

What I'm trying to say is, if i'm right, this profile is completely inaccurate.
Nothing on the profile says that's Purple Guy. Just that he's the protagonist of Sister Location.

I think he said in reference to one of them that it was nearly completely correct?

I think Composite Mii should be deleted. It covers too broad of a topic, ranging from too many different games. Plus, we already have individual pages for Mii Fighter and Mii (Wii Sports), and it wouldn't be hard to make a Wii Sports Resort profile or even individual profiles for the Miitopia classes. It's just a pointless page.

CCMac27 said:
I think Composite Mii should be deleted. It covers too broad of a topic, ranging from too many different games. Plus, we already have individual pages for Mii Fighter and Mii (Wii Sports), and it wouldn't be hard to make a Wii Sports Resort profile or even individual profiles for the Miitopia classes. It's just a pointless page.
By that logic, composite Link should get deleted too. It's not getting removed.

Miis are kinda weird. They don't have a solid fiction associated with them and instead are just wildcards showing up everywhere. While some games do primarily feature them, like the Wii Sports games, it's still not their "origins".

Although, concerning the page's stats, given that they should have the stats of their Mii version, I don't think it's necessary either.

The Wright Way said:
CCMac27 said:
By that logic, composite Link should get deleted too. It's not getting removed.
Link is essentially the same character in every game, with some minor changes. The Mii is so different across all of its games because it's just a stand-in for the player's avatar

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Miis are kinda weird. They don't have a solid fiction associated with them and instead are just wildcards showing up everywhere. While some games do primarily feature them, like the Wii Sports games, it's still not their "origins".
Although, concerning the page's stats, given that they should have the stats of their Mii version, I don't think it's necessary either.
you don't think the page is necessary? or you don't think deleting it is necessary?

I don't think the page itself is necessary, given that a "Composite" would include the Smash versions, and that this would result in a profile that's basically the Mii Fighters but with a few extra yet relatively meaningless abilities.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I don't think the page itself is necessary, given that a "Composite" would include the Smash versions, and that this would result in a profile that's basically the Mii Fighters but with a few extra yet relatively meaningless abilities.
Thank you, that's my point exactly.

What do other members think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back